[New Mod-Tower Defense] Star Genesis 00

Post about your finished mods here.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

@NMS: Nice catch. I haven't touched the code in a while so I forgot I already had a nice switch to put the attack timer on.

@PM:
Ok, so if I want to stop time for the player too, can I just pick a random non player object (like an asteroid) to stop time with, then with SysStartTime it will resume time for the player?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes. If you have a single object that appears in every game, you can probably rely on that. I am not sure if the star object is the same as Nil. If the star is not Nil, that is probably an easy pick.

In case of Playership Drones, I used a virtual station spawned for that purpose because I had to assume someone would try to combine it with the Star Castle Arcade adventure or other adventure with none of the objects most adventures have.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well, I wanted to fix a couple things, and you know how it goes:
- Made time stop for all objects (except the sun) in all currently reachable dockscreens.
- Made the attack timer not run while time is stopped by making it a recurring timer that decrements a counter.
- Made scrap the default currency of all player ships, so it appears at the top of dockscreens.
- Fixed a bug where creating and destroying miners would set energy to scrap - 10.
- Made all things that affect scrap use currency functions instead of object data. As a result, scrap spent on dock services is no longer refunded on undocking.
- Made buying upgrades and building ships refresh the screen so it shows correct info instead of messed up strings.
- Changed default actions to be more intuitive. There's no risk of undocking without resuming time.
- Changed the starbase to use modern dock services to allow repairing heavily damaged armor. The modern armor GUI is not great with so many segments, but it works and this was easier than copying and modifying the old dock services.
- Various minor changes to dockscreens.
- Messed around with docking ports. I think the starbase is better, but I couldn't get the ports on ships to be any closer. It may have to do with how big the sprite sheets are, but still, I think it should respect the coordinates specified in XML, so I made a ticket.
- Probably other things I'm forgetting.
Attachments
StarGenesis01.zip
(51.5 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Thanks NMS for the updates. I had currency functions on the TODO list but it seems you beat me to it.

Btw, how to navigate the armor repair screen? It's almost impossible with the arrow keys...

Updated the github with your fixes.

Edit: I'm also thinking of a new tower that refreshes shields of nearby stations once every 5 seconds at the cost of energy. I just realized that the shield upgrades kinda sucked because Transcendence shields aren't made for extended combat.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, you have to use the mouse. It might be better to go back to the old services and override dsRepairArmor to allow repairing heavily damaged armor (and adjust the cost calculation if you want - armGetRepairCost seems to be based only on level).

I have to play a bit more to get a sense of how the balance is. You could use higher level shields or create your own shield items with faster recharge and lower downtime.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nil unfortunately is not valid for sysstoptime. What I do is to create a virtual station, and use that with sysstoptime.