T42 Gunship

Post about your finished mods here.
Cpt. Reynolds
Anarchist
Anarchist

Check out my updated mod! :D

This is my modded Heavy IAV that has been re-purposed, re-named and re-fitted.

Weapons: Two linked E-80 Photon Cannons. (10hp x2 Thermo damage)
Shields: Krogan Shield. (200hp, 50hp regen)
Armor: 4 segments of heavy blast plate.
Devices: Transpace Jumpdrive (modded for less cooldown time between jumps)
Items: Targeting ROM
Cargo space: 300 tons with an optional upgrade up to 100 extra tons.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1367

I'm a beginning modder so feedback is highly saught after!
"Not just beautiful, though--the stars are like trees in a forest, alive and breathing. And they're watching me." -Haruki Murakami-
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Photon cannons should actually be lasers, so thermo damage doesn't make sense for a weapon with that name.

Otherwise your ship should have a high price, or some sort of handicap to balance out it's rather Over Powered stats. (would still be fun to play as an OP ship of course)
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Cpt. Reynolds
Anarchist
Anarchist

In my rush to upload it overlooked that! Thanks FourFire! I fix that and re-upload it soon!

I appreciate the feedback as well!
"Not just beautiful, though--the stars are like trees in a forest, alive and breathing. And they're watching me." -Haruki Murakami-
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yay, new modder!

The little ship is pretty fun to play with, and because I am clumsy at playing the game (I now spend more time making ship graphics than actually playing the game,) my ineptitude somewhat lessened the overpoweredness a bit.

The cargo-bay is really huge for an IAV, given the standard IAV is only 100 tons in mass (according to Transwiki.) The ship that you have put together, based on the stats along, seem to me more similar to a light capital ship somewhere between the Starbridge in EV Nova (one of my favourites) and the ever famous Mass Effect Normandy. It would be wonderful if you can do custom graphics for this ship.
FourFire wrote:Photon cannons should actually be lasers, so thermo damage doesn't make sense for a weapon with that name.
To be precise, "Themo" in this game stands for "Thermonuclear" weapons rather than a weapon dealing damage through heat energy. I made that mistake myself a couple times as well.

However, I see the reason for you to use Thermo damage because the Laser damage is too weak against high-level armour. Personally I see the room for a more realistic and less RPG-ish element damage overhaul here.

Off to a tangent, but shouldn't kinetic damage be an universal damage type? It doesn't make much sense that high level armour are completely kinetic immune when kinetic force is one of the few forces in real life that can destroy anything (given enough of it.) IIRC I read somewhere that in a hard-sci-fi setting, kinetic weaponry is going to be king because of the lack of friction in space and how little countermeasure (beside dodging) there is to an incoming kinetic projectile.

Then of course, this is a game and I probably shouldn't mull over this too much.
Has resurfaced!
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Even at light speed, I think it would be hard to pierce something like, say, a plate of neutron armor, by just kinetic force alone. But I agree that some weapons, like the Flenser, is quite underestimated. At relativistic speed the bullet would have almost as much energy as an antimatter bomb of equal mass.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.