AE Mod Collection

Post about your finished mods here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Avian Enterprises, Inc. proudly presents five new playable ships, each uniquely different from each other and with features to set the apart from the vanilla playerships. The included README file details these. Balance suggestions are encouraged!

Also included: NPC versions of four of these ships, four additional NPC ships, two new sovereigns, and one new armor type.

EDIT: Reuploaded at 3 downloads, and again at 6 downloads, for minor armor display work on the Terrier. This is why uploading a mod at four-in-the-morning is a Bad Idea™. x.x

UPDATE: There will be no updates for this mod. Further, it will be deleted once Transcendence 1.3 is out of beta. I’ve tinkered with the 1.3 version too much to sort out what I’ve tweaked or fixed or etc.’d to sort out what works on this one. So, sorry, but no backward compatibility.

AE - New Ships

UPDATE: Now with 1.3 beta thrust effects! Numerous tweaks and fixes made to the Terrier, and a little behind-the-scenes work on the Hummingbird to fix something that may or may not have broken when the <CanBeInstalled> tag was fixed. Maneuverability updates all around are yet to come — stay tuned.

AE - New Ships Beta

And, just to have it mentioned, another mod I made last month: A simple way to scuttle shipwrecks from the dockscreen with them. No muss, no fuss, no bother.

Scuttle Shipwrecks
Last edited by AssumedPseudonym on Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’d meant to detail a bit about the assorted ships in this mod on top of what the included readme file has, but never got around to it what with school and updating to 1.3 and various assorted miscellany. So I figure it’s time to do that. Keep in mind that I started work on this mod back on 1.1 — not all of its code has been updated (thrust ratio and maneuverability come to mind).

The AE531CW-class barge. Big, slow, and clumsy, even more so than the EI500. It also can only equip a single weapon at a time. Its sole saving grace is its cargo capacity. A later update, once I get around to it, will include a built-in mining/smuggling hold, and there’s a strong probability that I’ll make it capable of identifying items.

Code: Select all

» Mass:  250 tons                   Starting equipment:
» Speed:  .15c                      Omnidirectional Laser Cannon
» Thrust:  200                      Cyclotron S10
» Maneuver:  6                      Titanium Barricade x4
» Devices:  8
» Weapon/Non-Weapon:  1/8
» Armor Max:  10 tons
» Starting Reactor:  25MW
» Cargo/Max:  250/250 tons
 The Hummingbird-class skiff. Somewhere between the Wolfen and the Sapphire. Its biggest advantage is that any system you enter is automatically mapped — no ROM or usable device required. The downside? Armor. While it can handle a respectable eight tons, only rare or very rare segments will fit. I’ve been toying with the notion of giving it similar restrictions for weapons.

» Mass:  40 tons                    Starting equipment:
» Speed:  .21c                      Fast-Fire Laser Cannon
» Thrust:  175                      Laser Deflector
» Maneuver:  2                      XMH Armor x4
» Weapon/Non-Weapon:  8/8
» Armor Max:  8 tons
» Starting Reactor:  15MW
» Cargo/Max:  50/100 tons
 The Mongoose-class corvette. Also somewhere between the Wolfen and the Sapphire, but with an entirely different shtick: It can’t equip shields. Well, technically it can, but they’ll immediately deactivate. To make up for this, it has integrated armor repair capabilities (up to Level XV) and its non-launcher weaponry dishes out an extra twenty-five percent damage.

» Mass:  50 tons                    Starting equipment:
» Speed:  .24c                      TK-10 Trident Cannon
» Thrust:  275                      Ultralight Meteorsteel x4
» Maneuver:  2
» Weapon/Non-Weapon:  8/5
» Armor Max:  8 tons
» Starting Reactor:  10MW
» Cargo/Max:  50/125 tons
 The Panther-class catamaran. It can match the Sapphire for speed, but it accelerates and maneuvers much more like the EI500. While it can haul a respectable amount of cargo, its biggest draw is the number of device slots it sports. While it sports the usual four armor segments, they’re arranged at the corners instead of in the standard configuration.

» Mass:  100 tons                   Starting equipment:
» Speed:  .20c                      Heavy Recoilless Cannon
» Thrust:  100                      Class II Deflector
» Maneuver:  4                      Heavy Ceramic Armor x4
» Devices:  10
» Weapon/Non-Weapon:  10/10
» Armor Max:  10 tons
» Starting Reactor:  15MW
» Cargo/Max:  100/150 tons
 The Terrier-class fighter. Speed and maneuverability? Got it. Anything else? Not so much. While it starts off with both the SRS enhancement and targeting computer — no ROM necessary — its built-in inertialess drive tends to be as much a blessing as a curse. Add to that the fact the main drive, cargo bay, and starting weapon can’t be upgraded or replaced. At least other weapons that get installed have a thirty degree fire arc in front of the ship. With only three segments of armor, you’ll need that.

» Mass:  35 tons                    Starting equipment:
» Speed:  .27c                      Blaster Cannon
» Thrust:  N/A                      A-Class Defender
» Maneuver:  2                      Titanium Armor x3
» Devices:  7
» Weapon/Non-Weapon:  3/4
» Armor Max:  5 tons
» Starting Reactor:  10MW
» Cargo/Max:  25/25 tons
 Each ship is available to start in either Eridani or Tau Ceti, though you obviously need the Corporate Command expansion for the latter. Each ship also has its own armor HUD. For the time being, they use the expanded <Armor> tags instead of the condensed version, which will continue until such time as the register-hit-direction bug caused by that is sorted out.
 There are also three NPC ships in addition to these, plus NPC versions of all save the Mongoose. I won’t detail those any further, though — either find them in-game or cycle through to them in the startup demo.

Scuttle Shipwrecks, handy as it may be, is just a utility. This is my first real mod and I’d really like to get some feedback on these ships, whether its feature ideas or balance suggestions or even just another complaint that the Panther is pink. The mod is slowly accumulating downloads and has a couple of upvotes, so I know someone has played with these ships, at least. Anybody got anything? Lemme hear it.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

New mod:

AE - Overkill

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. If you want to be able to blow the everloving kack out of things and not have to worry about the worst the game can throw at you, this does that.

WARNING: If you want to test out the PCB II, right next to an enemy station in an asteroid field is not the place to do it. This goes at least triple if you have a sub-par graphics card. Take my word for it. x.@;

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Both AE - New Ships Beta and AE - Overkill have been updated. All ships (except for the Quadri) have been upgraded to 120 facings, and their maneuver data have been brought up to date.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE - New Ships Beta updated again. Apparently my last update on it broke something, and it didn’t help that the graphics (which I’ve had to link externally for size considerations) were missing the K3. The mod now includes a library for all three sub-mods to call instead of a bunch of duplicate entity declarations split between them. Installing it on a clean copy of the game will work, now.
 The aggravating part is that it had been broken for at least thirty downloads. I can write a lot of that off to people having been just updating from the old version that did work and continued to work after the update, still… argh… >.< Note to self: Keep clean install of game on hand. Download and double-check mods — including externally hosted files — for functionality.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The most recent addition: AE - Ship Table Generator.
 This is purely a utility mod, it has no affect on game play. No ships, no weapons, no nothing. All it does is generate a table of all the ship classes — from vanilla and any loaded mods — at the start of a game. It prints out a list of each ship’s name, level, score, maxSpeed, thrustToWeight, primaryWeapon, primaryArmor, and shield into the debug log (in a neatly tab-delimited format, no less).
 I mostly made this as an easy means of checking how the ships I made for The Backroads stack up to vanilla/CC ships without mucking about with TransCompiler and subsequently running the resulting TDB file through TransData. The fewer steps, the better. I figured it might be useful for other modders wanting to get general balance ideas of any ships they make, too.
 Also, thanks to RPC, who pointed me at typGetDataField where I’d erroneously been trying to use objGetProperty.

pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Does your thrustToWeight ratio include or exclude the installed devices?

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…Um. Good question. Let’s find out.
 *Fires up Transcendence. Clicks extension. Starts game. …Waits for everything to process… Quits game. Checks debug.log.*
 Comparing different variations on the same ship that have different loadouts, it looks like thrustToWeight does include installed armor/devices/etc.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ever get tired of picking a ship and starting off with the same gear every time? If so, this is the mod for you.

Avian Enterprises proudly brings you the Starting Gear Randomizer! Load up this mod, start a new game, select any ship, and your starting primary weapon, shield, and armor will all be replaced with a random selection of Level 3 or less drawn from the vanilla collection and any active mods.

This mod will not add a primary weapon or a shield to ships lacking one in their standard configuration. Avian Enterprises is not responsible for this mod selecting the same equipment as the standard ship configuration, or for incompatible combinations (such as a laser array and a Solon deflector). This mod comes with no warranty, explicit or implied. Sorry, no CoD’s.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

In yet another utility mod that adds absolutely nothing to actual gameplay, I present AE - Function Help. This mod prints to the debug log a list of all of the built-in functions and, when applicable, their fncHelp text. Deprecated functions are also included and printed at the bottom of the list. It may not be quite as fully explained as most of the functions on Xelerus, but it’s considerably more up-to-date, and will be useful either if you’re trying to mod without an internet connection or when future versions of the game are released before a more official function list gets posted up over in Modding Reference. I promise I’m not trying to put you out of a job, Digdug, please don’t ban me… <.< >.> ^.^;

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote: I promise I’m not trying to put you out of a job, Digdug, please don’t ban me… <.< >.> ^.^;
ahah! :D Actually, this is awesome as using <OnGLobalUniverseCreated> as a location to extract the functions produces a clean list without lambda functions. :D Love it !
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Actually, it was isPrimitive that let me weed out the lambdas, heh. Trust me, I scoured half the function list on Xelerus trying to find that little gem after I saw sysGlobals. Putting all the code in <OnGlobalUniverseCreated> was mostly habit since that’s where I put thing I just want to run once.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have updated both AE - Ship Table Generator and AE - Starting Equipment Randomizer. More than once, actually; I just keep forgetting to mention it over here. Recent changes include:

AE - Ship Table Generator

» Added armor segment count to the armor listing.
» Changed from tabbed list to spaced, making for much easier reading without having to muck about with setting tab stops or using a spreadsheet.

AE - Starting Equipment Randomizer

» Weapons requiring ammo are now supplied with some.
» All replacement weapons are of the same randomized type.
» Weapons have 'pos, 'secondary, 'linkedFireOptions, and 'fireArc properties copied to their replacements.
» Replacement equipment has a 75% chance of being the same level as the original, with a 25% chance of being one level higher or lower (to a minimum of Level I, of course).

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE - New Ships and AE - Overkill have both been updated. They’d both wound up with various cross-dependencies with each other and with The Backroads, which took a while to iron out. Now that they have been, I’ve finally gotten both of them put up with the new sprites. …Which aren’t exactly new anymore at this point… ¬.¬;
 Besides the new sprites, I pulled the NPC ships out of AENS and stuffed them in to TBR, instead — which, as of posting this, has just gotten a fresh sneak peak over in its own thread on The Drawing Board.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE - Starting Gear Randomizer has gotten a minor update to prevent it from yanking out launchers and replacing them with non-launchers. I honestly didn’t think to test on that, though, since I almost never use launchers. My bad. ¬.¬;