AE Mod Collection

Post about your finished mods here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE - Interior Design introduces three new consumable items to patch interior damage and a new device to repair interior damage over time. While not particularly useful for most general playerships, anybody who uses PSD extensively will likely find this to be invaluable.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Two of my old mods — AE - Ship Table Generator and AE - Function Help — have been deleted, but fear not! They, along with the newly created AE - Weapon Table Generator are the basis of AE - Utility Pack, a collection of pure utility mods which add no gameplay content, but instead generate tables of information to Debug.log at the beginning of a new game. The intent of these utilities is to assist other modders, or at the very least to satisfy curiosity about various aspects of the game.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The Weapon Table Generator in the utility pack has been updated to include rate of fire on weapons. I had to figure out how to figure out the right number before I could include it. Apparently (divide 2000 (typGetProperty weaponType 'fireRate)) works.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote:More seriously, the “honking” is actually the reactor overload sound effect, played during system generation. It was actually originally part of a test to see what events fired when, checking <OnGlobalTopologyCreated> (enemy ship proximity alarm), <OnGlobalSystemCreated> (reactor overload alarm), and <OnGlobalUniverseCreated> (hull breach alarm). I kept the test because it was useful for reminding me that i had the game running due to extremely long system generation times when I started things up and wandered off to another window for a while. And then I forgot to take it out. And then I forgot where it was for a while.
AssumedPseudonym wrote: I’m actually considering extracting the code I used for that and making a completely separate mod of it to stick into my utility pack. Given how long system generation can take — Wolfy’s computer takes about fifteen minutes from ship selection to “Welcome to Transcendence!” to generate everything with all of the topology adding mods and expansions enabled, and my old Atom took almost an hour — it can be a useful reminder that the game is running if you’ve alt-tabbed while waiting for the game to start up.
 …And then that happened. The Utility Pack has been updated.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Another addition has been made to AE - Utility Pack. Avian Enterprises, Inc. presents to you the Intro Screen Sweeper! Ever try using the intro screen as a ship-to-ship testing screen, only to find that too many shipwrecks are getting in the way of the shots to give reliable results? Do you use the intro as an impromptu screensaver and come back after a few hours and find an unsightly collection of dead Vikings littering the field? With this utility, you can sweep all of those derelicts away as easily as calling up a specific ship! Simply call up the ship selection field with the exclamation point and type in the word “Sweep” to detonate all of those shipwrecks and scatter their debris into space! Do note, however, that this process will result in whatever ship currently in focus being replaced by a random ship, similar to what would happen if you pressed the “K” key.

…As an added bonus, this will not cause the game to crash, which was an issue in the initial testing phase of the utility. This mod adds a one-pixel ship with code in it to destroy all shipwrecks, and then destroy itself. This caused problems at first because the game engine apparently thinks that ships that self-destruct on creation is a stupid idea and refused to go along with these shenanigans — and really, it does seem like a waste of time, if not outright counterproductive, so I can hardly fault it for that. …Okay, that isn’t the real reason, but it sounded good. I do have a ticket on Ministry to explain what really causes the crash. I got around it by implementing a one tick delay before the sweeping ship self-destructs.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Another addition has been made to AE - Utility Pack. Avian Enterprises, Inc. presents to you the POV Parking Brake! This utility was created specifically with the designers of exotic weapons in mind. Do you ever feel limited in your ability to assess just how good a weapon looks because you can only see from the center of the screen to the edge, effectively locking you into only seeing half-a-screen’s worth of that epic weapon effect you just coded? Does your weapon do some fancy shenanigans just outside of visual range that you can’t properly examine because you can’t see what it’s doing? This may be just the sort of utility you’re looking for! Simply [U]se the POV Parking Brake, pilot over to the edge of the screen, turn around to face the opposite edge, and start blasting away! If you accidentally fly too far offscreen and can’t seem to find your way back, just [U]se the POV Parking Brake again to center the screen back on your ship. Download now and get a POV Parking Brake installed on your ship at game startup as an added bonus, at absolutely no added cost to you! Data rates for downloading the Utility Pack may apply; please consult your service provider for details. WARNING: Exiting a game with the POV Parking Brake engaged will corrupt the savefile! Always remember to disengage the POV Parking Brake before saving!

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Minor tweak to the Weapon Table Generator in AE - Utility Pack (suggested by SolarDragon on IRC): Now includes weapon power use.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE Playerships (formerly AE New Ships) has been updated so that the ships that were meant to work in Eternity Port actually do.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE Playerships has been updated again. The apiVersion has been brought current, which makes the ships use the new dockscreens when you’re checking the ship configuration. Also, the Albatross got a complete graphical redesign. Sooo much happier with its new look.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE Playerships has been updated again again again. Yeah, the running gag there is getting old. I fixed something I had forgotten to take out months ago as an early <OnFireWeapon> experiment with the built-in weapon on the Kingfisher. Basically, I set it up to do generic damage instead of kinetic. That has been fixed. I also raised its damage from kinetic:1 to kinetic:2 so it’s not completely useless if you run into a Viking in Eridani before you can afford something else.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE Playerships has been updated again again again again. Okay, I’ll stop now. <.< >.> ^.^; I adjusted the Gull’s device weight limit to be on a per-slot basis instead of just a flat five tons (with reactors still excepted from that limitation). That means that you can equip both CLAWs in the early game if you get one, or the APA toward the endgame. I also tidied up a bit of code in both the Kingfisher and the Gull, and the Gull in particular needed it. It was one of my earliest projects, and it showed. I’m amazed it worked at all. x.x

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Not so much an update announcement as a bit of a SQUEEEE! moment of sorts. The Heron-class catamaran from AE Playerships has what passes for fanart in our community: Xephyr rendered his own version of it:

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Following a complaint by somebody on the Steam forums about salvager nomads, I created AE - Salvager-B-Gone. While TBR has a means of tracking salvager nomads, this mod disposes of them altogether by removing them when a system is loaded.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The AE Utility Pack has been updated with another new mod: Intro Screen Damage Indicators!

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Two mod updates to note here.
 First AE — Playerships has been updated significantly. All playerships are now decked out in low-level Avian Enterprises gear copied over from TBR, and there’s a new version of each ship that starts in the Zyr system if you have TBR. There was also a lot of behind-the-scenes reorganization to the mod.
 Second, AE — Scuttle has been updated. Since George capped the maximum mass of shipwrecks NPCs can scuttle at 2,000 tons, it seems only fair that I likewise cap the scuttling capabilities of the playership.