AE Mod Collection

Post about your finished mods here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE — Playerships has been updated again. It was brought to my attention by Gunship256 that the AE armors were causing crashes when you went to look at them in the armor dockscreen (either on the ship or at a station to repair/replace them). A bit of SCIENCE! pinned the problem down as the “Æ” character in the armor name (which doesn’t cause a game crash when played in WINE though it does show up wrong and I never noticed). See this Ministry ticket for the whole story. For the time being, the diphthong has been replaced with the less problematic “AE” instead. This fix was also applied to The Backroads, had had the same problem.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE — Utility Pack has been updated with another utility: AE — Intro Screen Armed Only will prevent unarmed ships from fighting on the intro screen (because honestly, no one enjoys watching a Mule and a TX3 square off). Also, AE — Function Help, AE —Ship Table Generator, and AE — Weapon Table Generator have all been updated to work from the intro screen in a similar manner to my other intro screen utilities.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE — Scuttle has been updated after it stopped working in 1.7b4 due to the way shipwrecks are handled being changed. It should still work with older versions.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ever seen a mod that randomizes equipment on ships? Sure, we all have. How about a mod with stations that randomizes the ships guarding it but standardizing their equipment? No?
 Introducing Random United! Their stations can have nearly any ship in the game as guards, depending on system level and ship score. Those ships will be retrofitted with Random United weapons, shields, and armor. They even add a few ships of their own to the mix for good measure.
 Not affiliated with Avian Enterprises. Not responsible for fits of uncontrollable giggling from seeing bizarre combinations of guards at a single station.

This was mostly done to take a break from the monstrosity that is TBR, and was partially inspired by a random notion of taking UnBound and sort of turning them sideways. Balance might be a bit iffy, and in particular I want to rebalance the two highest level Random United ships at some point, especially since one of them has too high a score to even qualify as a guard at any level. All in all, though, I think everything should be more-or-less alright, and I think I got all of the bugs out of it. Hopefully.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote: …in particular I want to rebalance the two highest level Random United ships at some point, especially since one of them has too high a score to even qualify as a guard at any level…
 Actually, both of them did. What I wound up doing was to nerf the fireRateAdj on the new Random United ships, which had the added benefit of dropping the gunship’s score enough that it should now randomly show up on the intro screen. The top two ships are still too high with their score to qualify for guard duty, though, so I made retribution routines for if the stations get destroyed that will call them in. Also, I removed the “Avian Enterprises” from the mod name.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE — Playerships has been updated again. It was brought to my attention by Derakon that the Cormorant had a Nova-10 when it should have had a Nova-15. This has been fixed.

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I had a mental blank the other day and couldn't remember how to use the Function List mod.
Adding (to the Readme) how to open the ship select thingy by pressing '!' would be good, and also mentioning that the mods don't work until you have selected them and started a game would help out new users (as well as memory-challenged people like me).
And thanks again for the Function List. It really helps when modding off line.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Not a bad idea, that. I’ll probably get that added in over the weekend. Glad to see someone besides just Digdug and me put it to use. ^.^

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Random United has been updated. Its energy weapons had been the victim of copypasta oversight, and all had a power draw of 1MW. They now all have powerUse values more appropriate to their level.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Function Help from AE — Utility Pack no longer works properly as of 1.7b6. See this ticket for specifics, but the short version is that the function list has gotten too big for the game to handle how the utility runs and a quick-n’-dirty fix would be more trouble to tidy up the results of than anyone should have to endure. If the ticket gets resolved, I’ll be able to fix it, but it would have to be run in TransData to copy and save the output.

Latheos
Miner
Miner

I've fallen in love with the Heron catamaran; loads of cargo space for my pack-rat habits, tendency for heavy shields and brute force approaches that reflects my affection for playing the Manticore, and TEN (!) device slots. It's just about perfect for me.

That said, I've run into a problem with the AE Player Ships mod: the ship with the inertialess drive doesn't move. I understand that it's supposed to only move when applying power, but that's just it - it doesn't (running 1.7b6, which may break it somehow). The engine flare appears as you'd expect, but there's no movement whatsoever.

Also, the option to start the ships in the two non-standard systems probably shouldn't be visible without The Backroads installed. I'm not sure if that's a variable you can change, as I haven't dived into modding myself.

Much love for the scuttle ships mod, by the way. That really ought to be something that George puts into the main code - it's *very* useful.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Latheos wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 pm
I've fallen in love with the Heron catamaran; loads of cargo space for my pack-rat habits, tendency for heavy shields and brute force approaches that reflects my affection for playing the Manticore, and TEN (!) device slots. It's just about perfect for me.

That said, I've run into a problem with the AE Player Ships mod: the ship with the inertialess drive doesn't move. I understand that it's supposed to only move when applying power, but that's just it - it doesn't (running 1.7b6, which may break it somehow). The engine flare appears as you'd expect, but there's no movement whatsoever.

Also, the option to start the ships in the two non-standard systems probably shouldn't be visible without The Backroads installed. I'm not sure if that's a variable you can change, as I haven't dived into modding myself.

Much love for the scuttle ships mod, by the way. That really ought to be something that George puts into the main code - it's *very* useful.
 …Oh right, I need to fix the Kingfisher. I did for the NPC version in TBR, but missed Playerships. I’ll fix that, and thanks for the reminder. Unfortunately, I can’t exclude the variants that start in other systems short of splitting the mod up into separate mods for each system. I would if I could, and might just bite the bullet and make the separate mods to clear up the issue.

I’ve been bugging George about adding scuttling for playerships to vanilla for years whenever we have an IRC Day. It’s got a ticket up on it, but it has the dreaded “Future Release” tag on it — more or less the executioner’s axe for Ministry tickets.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AE — Playerships has been updated again, following the post by Latheos. Kingfishers should no longer be immobile. I also streamlined a fair bit of code while I was at it; no real effect on gameplay, I just got tired of looking at it. <.< >.> <.<;

Latheos
Miner
Miner

Out of curiosity, was it intentional to put the gun in the launcher spot on the Kingfisher? It's an interesting effect either way, but it struck me as strange.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It was intentional. It was also a nuisance to figure out how to keep it from being replaced by other launchers until I realized that the problem wasn’t coding on my side of things. That was actually my first major bug report to George.