Cabbage Corp

Post about your finished mods here.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Cabbage Corp is a pseudo-independent galactic, defense, security, espionage and advanced technologies company which produces weapons, armor, shields, reactors, drives, ships, autons, produce and various other items and devices. We operate our own stations and refineries, and each of our devices comes with a Cabbage Corp Toolset™ so that they can be better modified to meet your particular needs.

This is an alpha release. I am still adding items, ships, stations, and features for those items, ships, and stations. There will also probably maybe be missions at some point.

Featurelist (v0.7.5.0):

• Weapons
  • Mining Lances - Continuous-beam energy weapons, attenuated for mining.
    • Can be optionally equipped with asteroid scanners that detect ores within their range.
  • Kale Repeaters - Matter weapons that fire their shots in bursts, in a spread pattern.
  • Savoy Howitzers - Howitzers modified for rapid-fire at the cost of an increased risk of overheating.
  • All standard Cabbage Corp weapons can be optionally modified into dual, omnidirectional, or external versions if a dealership has adequate supply.
    • Additional modifications may be available for specific weapon types.
  • Armor
  • Cabbagium Armor - A proprietary alloy known only to Cabbage Corp. Its strength fades as its elements decay into baser forms, though it slowly regenerate while exposed to sunlight.
  • Sívaya Armor - A cross between solar armor and powered armor, this armor generates power from sunlight and consumes energy to repair itself (whether it's damaged or not).
  • Stealth Armor - Nothing to see here, move along now.
  • Shields
  • Napa-series Shields - Shields that focus on high-speed regeneration over raw strength, these models can be operated under varying power loads to increase their strength by up to 300% of their standard rating.
  • Jadeite-series Shields - These models have been modified to have much higher strength and regeneration compared to the Napa-series at the cost of potentially disabling other ship systems if they collapse under fire. These models can be operated under varying power loads to increase their strength by up to 300% of their standard rating.
  • Drives
  • Standard Drives- Your standard 1 slot drives, they provide additional thrust and can potentially increase your ship's max speed.
  • Dual Drives - Oversized and overpowered versions of standard drives. They still require only one device slot but are more exposed and can be damaged by weapons fire that bypasses your shields.
  • Auxiliary Drives - Drives that are mounted entirely on the outside of a ship, they do not require a dedicated device slot but are more susceptible to damage from enemy weapons fire.
    • Can be further modified with the included Cabbage Corp Toolset™ to provide additional thrust at the cost of only potentially irradiating your armor.
  • Reactors
  • Standard Síva Reactors - These reactors provide higher fuel efficiency than most alternatives at the cost of slightly more limited power output.
    • Can be freely modified with the included Cabbage Corp Toolset™ to output 50% more power temporarily at the cost of reduced fuel efficiency and stability.
  • Dual Síva Reactors - These models are more efficient than standard reactors working individually, and the method of installing them more than doubles the resulting fuel capacity. Requires one additional device slot.
    • Can be freely modified with the included Cabbage Corp Toolset™ to output 50% more power temporarily at the cost of reduced fuel efficiency and stability.
  • Auxiliary Síva Reactors - These secondary reactors have the highest fuel efficiency possible, limited only by that of your primary reactor. They can be installed in any device slot though they do not increase fuel capacity.
  • Weapon and Shield Enhancers
  • Mining Lance Capacitors - Increases the damage of all installed mining lances by a percentage inversely proportional to their powerUse.
  • Repeater Heat Sinks - Increases the fire-rate of all installed Kale repeaters.
  • Shield Emitter Arrays - Increases the health of installed shields by a percentage inversely proportional to their powerUse.
  • Ship-Based Refineries
  • Standard Fuel-Ore Refineries - These refineries process fuel-containing ores into standardized fuel rods that are accepted by most reactors.
  • Advanced Fuel-Ore Refineries - These models are generally twice as efficient as their standard equivalents and produce enriched bundles of fuel rods that are accepted by higher level reactors. Requires one additional device slot.
  • Auto-Defense Devices
  • Cabbage Corp manufactures a variety of auto-defense systems that utilize advanced targeting systems to shoot down incoming projectiles.
  • Armor-Repairer Devices
  • Cabbage Corp manufactures several repairer devices that range from simple robotic arms to artificial intelligence guided nano-machines.
  • Solar Devices Devices
  • Cabbage Corp manufactures several solar based refueling systems, including but not limited to: solar panel arrays, solar concentrators, and hydrogen ramscoops coupled with simple fusion reactors.
  • Autons
  • Phantom-class autons - Reconnaissance autons that utilize stealth armor, regenerative nanos, and advanced sensors to safely scout systems for stations of interest.
  • Shade-class autons - Transport autons that utilize stealth armor, regenerative nanos, and oversized shields to safeguard goods.
  • Wraith-class autons - Assault autons that utilize, stealth armor, regenerative nanos, repeaters, shields, and sensors to destroy targets.
[/size]

Future Plans:
  • Complete gunner series of crew members that would make your primary weapon omnidirectional at the cost of a decreased fire-rate.
  • Add another series of crew members that serve an autodefense purpose (Imagine a crew member whose sole reason for existing is to stand on the hull of your ship and shoot at incoming projectiles with a space rifle))
  • Add button to eject and detonate Siva reactors manually.
  • I will eventually find a way to make the exterior weapons toggle-able with overcharged versions. My current plan for doing this is to create a virtual version of the weapon with a higher damage output, and switch which version will fire shots depending on how many charges the weapon has.
  • Add a "buy and modify option to Cabbage Corp stations to convert fuel rods to fuel assemblies.
  • Add Cabbage Corp manufacturing station that processes ores and whatnot.
  • Add missions to salvage salvager nomads so they can re-purposed to retrieve items for Cabbage Corp stations.
    -Re-purposed salvager nomads would also offer to sell collected items and would be repainted.

Xelerus Links:
  • Cheops-class Warship
  • Old version of the Cheops-class Warship made into a playership. There is no new version yet.
  • Arena Wall Remover
  • Old mod of mine that disabled the arena's walls if there was no fight currently in progress. Not compatible with current and future versions of Transcendence.

Mirrors for Current and Archived Versions:
Google Drive
MEGA
GitHub
Transcendence Nexus

GitHub Development Branch:
Direct Download Link
(The latest version with no formal documentation)
Last edited by Arkheias on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Some features added in recent updates:
Item names and descriptions have been altered in more recent updates.
Item names and descriptions have been altered in more recent updates.
BuyAndModify.gif (156.93 KiB) Viewed 26168 times
The Lampyridae-class stealth transport.
The Lampyridae-class stealth transport.
Lampyridae.gif (142.06 KiB) Viewed 26160 times
The Oboroguruma-class stealth freighter
The Oboroguruma-class stealth freighter
Oboroguruma.gif (215.55 KiB) Viewed 26160 times
Last edited by Arkheias on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cheops-class Warship: Now includes a playership in addition to resources for Cabbage Corp.
Cabbage Corp:
v0.7.1 (01/09/2015)
Added dual, omni and side-mounted Savoy howitzers.
Added damage control crew.
-Created a pseudo-class of devices that simulate having crew members on your ship.
-Use the base class "&baCCAuxCrewBase;" and add the attribute "auxCrew" to have a device act like a crew member.
-The maximum amount of crew members a ship can carry defaults to 2, add <StaticData> <maxAuxCrew>###</maxAuxCrew> </StaticData> to a custom ship to override this.
-Crew members from the this mod can be thought of as being hired on contract for the duration of your journey to the galactic core.

Cabbage Corp stations will now offer to upgrade your shield generator to a Jadeite class deflector of the same level as the current system.
-There is a 40% chance they will instead offer you a crew member of the same level.

Added credits for the authors of some stuff that I forgot I included and thus forgot to add credits for in the previous release.
Moved resources necessary to making the Cheops-class Warship playable over to its page.
-Since it's required anyway to play use Cabbage Corp, I didn't see any problem with adding further requirements that you have to include it to play this game.
*Only the resources are currently required from the Cheops mod.
*The CheopsWarshipExtension.xml exists solely to add the Cheops-class warship as a playership. It will never be required for Cabbage Corp as I am against cluttering the playership selection screen.
*The CheopsWarshipLibrary.xml is not currently required for Cabbage Corp, but I may eventually decide to move all Cheops related ships/items/whatnot over to this file for OCD purposes, in which case this file and the resources would be required.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.2 (01/27/2015)
  • Replaced autodefense devices.
  • Rebalanced solar devices (and impulse drives)
  • Nerfed Cabbage Corp brand enhancers and added fancy graphics for them.
  • Replaced cargo holds with balanced and simplified versions.
    -"Miner's cargo holds" and "imitation auton bays" have been combined into "miner's cargo bays".
    *They allow you to retrieve but not modify autons.
    *All dual versions of cargo holds are balanced as if a standard cargo hold was just tacked on, instead of having dozens of versions for each possible combination of cargo hold.
    -Cabbage Corp cargo holds now increase crew capacity.
  • Decreased momentum and recoil on Savoy howitzers.
  • Added new crew members:
    -Weapons engineers: increases damage output (energy weapons) or fire-rate (matter weapons).
    -Shields engineers: enhances shields
    -Crew members now have icons.
    -Crew members now have souls.
    *Inherit from &vtCCCrewQuartersBaseClass;, add <StaticData> <addCrewSpace>##</addCrewSpace> </StaticData> and include the attribute crewQuarters to make a device increase crew capacity.
  • Modified the Cabbage Corp player-ships:
    -Decreased the maximum rotation rate (9.0 -> 7.5).
    -Removed launcher from tau ceti ship.
    -Switched armor from heavy titanium to light organic (it's blue).
    -Decreased starting credits.
    -Decreased maximum cargo capacity (300 -> 250)
    -Decreased base cargo capacity (50 -> 10)
    -Added a small cargo hold to the player-ships to negate the decrease in base cargo capacity (+40).
  • Modified stations:
    -Switched to the fancy v1.5 dock services screens.
    -Fixed the custom devices recipe list that was blank because it had items that no longer existed in it.
    -Overhauled and unified the dockscreens.
    *Cabbage Corp IDs and ROMs are no longer spawned on the stations and have to be purchased through a menu.
  • Added new images for items.
  • Replaced all instances (that I found in one pass) of the Cabbage attribute (original Cabbage Corp brand identifier) with the cabbageCorp attribute (newer Cabbage Corp brand identifier), though I still need to get around to replacing the semicolons with commas to match the new apparent standard.
    *This means that Cabbage Corp stations should now show all Cabbage Corp items and the Cabbage Corp brand enhancers should enhance all relevant Cabbage Corp devices. I was previously replacing them as I rebalanced the devices and forgot that the stations were only set to show devices with the old atribute.
  • Added credits for public domain stuff and new licensed stuff.
edit:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.2.1 (01/27/2015)
  • Fixed a typo.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.3.0 (2015-05-01)
  • -----General Changes-----
  • Switched to ISO 8601
  • Updated deprecated functions.
    *Watched as other functions became deprecated.
  • Organized the various modules and resources.
  • Began plans to separate libraries from items, will likely have at least two libraries:
    -one for globals, dockscreens and base/virtual items,
    -the other for items and sovereign information to be used for the playserships that will be kept in a separate extension (and will be dependent on the playership drones (PSD) mod).

-----Stations & Dockscreens----
  • Added "Buy & Modify" actions to Cabbage Corp stations for standard versions of mining lances, howitzers, repeaters, cargo holds, drives, reactors, and stealth armor.
    *This dockscreen was designed for Transcendence v1.5. I fixed it so that it would still work for v1.6b2 but you are limited to only buying items from this menu, you cannot buy and install items in one step, I think.
    -Dual, omni, aux and scanning versions will not normally appear in Cabbage Corp stations now, but you can buy them by choosing the "Buy & Modify" option.
    -I will eventually replace this with a version based off of Transcendene's newer dockscreens in some future update.
    *This dockscreen was designed for Transcendence v1.5. I fixed it so that it would still work for v1.6b2 but you are limited to only buying items from this menu, you cannot buy and install items in one step, I think
    **(even if they have been further updated such that they have become even worse than the old dockscreens).
  • Cabbage Corp stations should now actually check for a premium membership ID when using the "Buy & Install" option to determine whether or not they check for a military ID.
  • Fixed critical bug in shield modification screen that prevented the player from getting back to the cockpit.
    *(I don't think this was even in the previously released version, but it appeared at some point and I had to fix it).
  • Cabbage Corp Outposts are now hidden. Don't look for them.
  • Cabbage Corp stations have been moved to their own separate .xml files and updated to use Transcendence v1.6b2's fancy new dockscreens (to some extent).
  • Cabbage Corp stations now use patrolling autons for defense instead of having the stations be armed.
    *The fact that autons are cheaper than the weapons they carry means that the stations are now generally better defended at a lower cost.

-----Ships-----
  • Fixed bug in display of Kraken-class mini-dreadnought.
    *(The unid was previously used for the cover image and I had only updated it in the library .xml, the extension .xml reused the old unid).
  • Set npc traveler-class ships to guard instead of gateonthreat, did the same with the kraken-class.
  • Replaced Traveler-class havy transports with Lorry-class stealth transport. Removed kraken-class mini-dreadnought.
  • Created the Blacklight-class stealth frigate npc ships (does not appear ingame, I think).
  • Created the Oborogurama-class stealth freighter.
    -I will add missions and whatnot at a later date.
  • Created 2 auton series (Levels 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10), levels 4 and higher (Mark II through Mark V autons) support 5 ton armor segments.
    -Wraith-class assault auton
    -Shade-class transport auton
    *These autons work well with the Souped up Auton Bay mod, I think.
  • The two Cabbage Corp versions, "Cabbage Corp" and "Cabbage Corporate Command" (for people with Corporate Command installed) have been separated into two versions with and without playerships.
    -The playerships extensions are dependant on PSD v6.
    -Only one of these four extensions should be selected when starting the game.
  • Ships now have their facings image organized like the ships from eternity port. It is much nicer to look at when looking at the raw files.
  • Ships now have fancy inventory icons (some are fancier than others, I think).
  • Fixed bug that appeared at some point and may have allowed players to install 5x more crew members than they should have been able to for custom playerships without specified crew capacities.

----Items-----
  • Replaced Kale series of repeaters. It now has standard, dual, omni, and side-mounted versions.
  • Updated enhancers
    -Removed general enhancers, and dual enhancers
    -Added 'repeater heat sinks' which speed up Cabbage Corp repeaters.
    -Added 'mining lance capacitors' which increase damage output of Cabbage Corp mining lances.
  • Created stealth armor series.
  • Replaced the Sivaya armor series (previously a Novaya ripoff) with a better version
    -Sivaya armor now works as a combination of solar armor and power armor.
  • Created a nanofac series, they're like the Corporate Command device but fully modular.
  • Updated the Siva reactor series and added a completely unrelated auxiliary Siva reactor series.
    -Siva reactors now have a high output mode with a delightful special effect that kicks in if you use it for too long.
    *Aux Siva reactors may occasionally prevent your ship from ever actually running out of fuel, I think this only happens if they are the only device currently enabled but I am too lazy to do further testing at the moment.
  • Added DRADIS modules that increase the perception of ships that install them, so long as said ships are not piloted by the player.
  • Updated descriptions of Savoy howitzers, and several other items that I forgot to keep track of.
  • Fixed name of expanded diplomat's cargo hold, dual shields, and several other items that I forgot to keep track of.
  • Added things man was not meant to know.
  • Rebalanced the pointless set of CPUs, and several other items that I forgot to keep track of.
  • Replaced all item masks with .bmp versions because the .jpg versions get screwed up when they appear in the 'use items' menu, the ship masks still appear to work perfectly so they stay as .jpg.
  • Forgot about a bunch of other changes that I made.
It is entirely possible that I screwed up some major feature while adding last minute features. If you find any bugs please tell me.
Xelerus cannot handle my file sizes anymore so this has to be downloaded from one of the archives listed on the first post.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Cabbage Corp is now available on GitHub.

bzm3r
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Why is Cabbage Corp called Cabbage Corp?

P.S. I'll download it and try it out!
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

bzm3r wrote:Why is Cabbage Corp called Cabbage Corp?

P.S. I'll download it and try it out!
Cabbage Corp is called Cabbage Corp because Cabbage Corp was founded by a cabbage salesman. Cabbage Corp is also the leading producer of authentic cabbages in all of human space.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.4.0 (2015-08-03)
  • Updated to API v27 for Transcendence v1.6.1.
  • Temporarily removed Playership Drones (PSD) support due to changes in v1.6 making it not work correctly.
  • Moved changelog from the general readme file to its own readme file.
  • Added a line of hyphens underneath version numbers in the changelog.
  • Added version information to extension and library header files.
  • Changed the general readme into a fancy .pdf file.

----Stations-----
  • Removed mass from outpost turrets (they weren't even marked as mobile and (some) stars have gravity now).
  • Changed Cabbage Corp outposts and their turrets to use image variants that match their asteroid fields.
  • Updated the Buy & Modify item screen to use the same implementation as the new default item buying screens.
    -It no longer shows items for which the station does not have the resources to make, previously it showed them but deactivated the button to buy them.
    -(The options are all standardized anyway and there is another menu to show all potential custom devices/armor.)

----Ships-----
  • The Corporate Command playerships extension now includes the Eridani starting location for playerships in addition to Tau Ceti.
  • Fixed image for Oboroguruma-class stealth freighter in PSD menus.
  • Lampyridae-class stealth transports now use the correct number (8) of armor segments in PSD.
  • Adjusted the starting and PSD equipment on the Lampyridae and Oboroguruma.
  • The locations of the armor segments on the Oboroguruma now correspond to the actual locations of the armor segments on the Oboroguruma
  • Reduced device slots on ships because not having a default reactor is no longer adequate justification due to v1.6b5 changes.
    -The Lorry-class now has 9 device slots instead of 10.
    -The Lampyridae-class now has 10 device slots instead of 12.
    -The Oboroguruma-class now has 15 device slots instead of 16.
  • Increased maximum armor capacity of the Oboroguruma-class to 40 tons from 20 tons.

----Items-----
  • Added new image for solar devices.
  • Added new image for DRADIS devices.
  • Added new images for autodefense devices.
  • Added Phantom-class reconnaissance auton series (Levels 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10).
  • Added Cabbage Corp Tinkerer ID (Will eventually unlock aditional options when modifying Cabbage Corp devices).
  • Added proto-Cabbagium catalyst.
  • Added pygmy ostrich horses.
  • Added Cabbagium armor sets to replace both trinium and organic armor sets.
  • Added the default hit-effects to the mining lances.
  • Added miningEquipment attribute to mining lances, refineries and miner's cargo holds so that they will appear in v1.6 mining stations.
  • Changed the Cabbage Corp Toolset to not appear unless the playership has Cabbage Corp equipment installed (like I originally advertised it).
  • Added Microsaur scanner effects and scripts.
  • Added Microsaur condemnation pods and relevant effects.
  • Changed low level (Levels 1-2) reactors to notRandom.
  • Changed dual reactors to appear less often (Levels 3-5 veryrare, everything else is notRandom).
  • Changed auxiliary reactors to now shut themselves off automatically if your ship is really low on fuel.
  • Changed auxiliary reactors to now be half as efficient when damaged.
  • Changed auxiliary reactor efficiencies (civilian: 85%, military: 90%, alien: 95%).
  • Changed unstable reactors to now have custom explosions when they overload.
  • Changed unstable dual reactors to now explode twice when they overload.
  • Changed unstable reactor to have a higher chance of exploding at lower levels but a much lower chance at higher levels.
  • Changed unstable reactors to last slightly longer before exploding, once they start overloading.
  • Changed cabbages for balance and updated their descriptions.
  • Changed misc. items to match new whitespace standard.
  • Changed generic device images to be reorganized into separate file from generic item images.
  • Changed the damage of most mining lances to be twice as high so that they will work better with the new mining update.
  • Changed the firing rate of most mining lances to 4 (from 2) to fire half as fast to balance them accordingly.
  • Changed the level of all scanning mining lances by 1 level higher than their standard versions.
  • Changed ore scanner effects and scripts by moving them to the appropriate dedicated files.
  • Changed MiscItems.xml to be split into MiscItems.xml and UsefulItems.xml for usable items.
  • Fixed typo in the name of the mark I wraith auton.
  • Fixed typo in the description of the mark V wraith auton.
  • Fixed typo in the attributes list for the Cabbage Corp premium memberhip ID and changed frequency to notRandom.
  • Fixed bug where side-mounted repeaters did not actually fire alongside the primary weapon.
  • Fixed bug where dual repeaters fired both sets of shots from the same location.
  • Removed trinium armor sets and organic armor sets.
  • Removed excess spacing in the names of stealth and sivaya armor sets.
  • Removed minerGear Attribute from mining related devices as it has been replaced by miningEquipment.

-----Known Bugs-----
  • Mining colonies reset their inventory of miningEquipment labelled devices each time you enter their system
    *They normally have one of every item labelled as miningEquipment but I have added a script that runs when you enter their systems that removes all their Cabbage Corp mining devices and replaces them with just a few random Cabbage Corp mining weapons (up to 1d4 devices) and a few random Cabbage Corp mining non-weapons (up to 1d4 devices).

Edit:
Updated the archives on Google Drive, MEGA, and GitHub, in that order. Xelerus only contains the updated README and changelog due to file size restrictions.
The GitHub link is to the master branch of Cabbage Corp. I didn't pull the v0.7.4.0 version from the development branch to the master branch until after I had originally posted this.
I have also begun creating a wiki for Cabbage Corp on GitHub.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread or even on the Xelerus page.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.4.1 (2015-08-04)
  • ----Ships-----
  • Fixed error in the description of the lorry-class stealth transport that starts in Tau Ceti.

----Items-----
  • Added invoke button to Siva reactors when they are being run without containment so that you can quickly restore containment.
  • Changed unstable Siva reactors to explode sooner once they start overloading.
  • Changed mining lance enhancers to provide different bonuses depending on the level of the weapon they are enhancing.
  • Changed the descriptions of mining lance enhancers to match their new effects.
  • Changed the effect of the mark V repeater heat sink to match the trend of the other heat sinks.
  • Changed the descriptions of the repeater heat sinks.
  • Changed really high level enhancers to use the alien unknown device type.
  • Changed the level 1-4 reactor explosion to do more damage.
  • Changed the level 11-15 reactor explosions to do plasma damage.
  • Fixed values of higher level mining lance enhancers because I forgot to set them correctly when I first created them.
  • Fixed a bug in the criteria for the mining lance enhancers that would enable them to affect the other unrelated Cabbage Corp energy weapon.
I believe that this version should be compatible with saves from the previous version, v0.7.4.0. I do recommend backing up your saves if you intend to test this out though.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread or even on the Xelerus page.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.4.2 (2015-08-04)
  • ----Stations-----
  • Fixed bug where buying a modified item from a Cabbage Corp Station via the "Buy & Modify" button gave you the item for free (or basically free).
I believe that this version might be compatible with saves from the previous version, v0.7.4.1. I do recommend backing up your saves if you intend to test this out though.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Last edited by Arkheias on Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

This mod is fun. Everything seems balanced, especially since the higher-level tech is so hard to get. I like how the mod offers some interesting choices, such as making stealth armor a realistic option and providing matter repeaters early in the game.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.4.3 (2015-10-07)
  • Updated to API v28 for Transcendence v1.6.3 (nothing had to actually be fixed).
  • Added new data for various devices to the readme.
  • Changed the readme to have more consistency.

-----Ships-----
  • Added 'remaining cargo space' indicator to the dockscreens for Shade-class autons.
  • Changed maxCargoCapacity on Shade-class autons to be twice the standard cargoCapacity.
  • Changed <StaticData> name for a ship's base crew capacity from "maxAuxCrew" to "crewCapacity".
  • Fixed error where docking with any Shade-class auton showed the description "You are docked with a mark I Shade auton."

-----Items-----
  • Changed auxiliary crew installation checks to be more efficient and readable.
  • Changed the name of the "diplomat's cargo bay" variations to "diplomat's cargo hold".
  • Changed descriptions of Shade-class autons.
  • Changed descriptions of Wraith-class autons.
  • Changed descriptions of Cabbagium armors.
  • Changed descriptions of DRADIS modules.
  • Changed descriptions of auton bays.
  • Changed descriptions of a miscellaneous item.
  • Changed descriptions of cargo holds.
  • Changed the whitespace and commenting standards for various things, not completely updated yet.
  • Fixed crew quarters uninstallation checks to be correct, efficient and readable.
  • Fixed crew related installation/uninstallation checks to allow for base crew capacity to be explicitly defined as 0.
  • Fixed Military crew members so they will no longer be arrested when you dock at commonwealth stations without a military ID.
This version is probably not compatible with games started using the previous version. I didn't change any of the UNIDs, but some scripts and variable names were changed.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.5.0 (2016-01-01)
  • Updated to API v28 for Transcendence v1.6.3 for real this time.
  • Replaced deprecated functions.

-----Stations-----
  • Added Cabbage Corp School of Science to the S. Katherines Arcology University Quarter.
  • Changed the stargate in Othala to actually transport the player back to the main stargate network instead of itself.
  • Removed the text from the stargate in Othala that mocked the player after trapping them there.

-----Ships-----
  • Changed the reactors installed on ships due to rebalancing of said reactors (nearly all are higher capacity).
  • Changed the fireAccuracy value on wraith autons.
  • Changed the Lorry-class transports to have 10 device slots.
  • Changed the Lampyridae-class transports to have 11 device slots.

-----Items-----
  • Added a series of shield emitter arrays.
  • Added replacement emitter coils for the shield emitter arrays.
  • Added Heliotrope fuel assembly.
  • Changed idlePowerUse of Sivaya armor segments to 1/10 the PowerUse value.
    -This is in preparation for API 29 (Trancendence v1.7). It will not take effect until then.
  • Changed the Siva series of reactors to be more balanced.
  • Changed auxiliary reactors to be cheaper and lighter.
  • Changed the Kale series of repeaters to fire in a tighter cluster.
  • Changed the Kale series of repeaters to have more consistent damage.
  • Changed the descriptions of the Kale M1 and M3 repeaters.
  • Changed damaged refineries to display more generic text explaining which refinery doesn't work.
  • Changed plasma drive variants to have slightly more thrust.
  • Changed descriptions of Cabbage Corp fuel assemblies.
  • Fixed bug where none of the mining lance capacitors actually enhanced mining lances above level 1.
  • Removed the Cabbage Corp brand enhancers.
  • Removed external shield deflectors.
This version is not compatible with games started using the previous version.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.

Edit:
Seriously, several of the brand new items I added in the previous version didn't even work because of a typo that I found and fixed within three days of releasing that version. I didn't release the patch because then I'd have to change a bunch of version numbers again and upload it to a bunch of sites for archival purposes, and I wanted to wait and see if anyone was actually bothered enough to complain about it first. Four months and nearly a hundred downloads later and the only bug report I've received was an IRC message about a death trap that I had intentionally put in the game in the first public version.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bug: The Cabbage Corp system map access ROM looks like it is supposed to charge according to system level, and even says the amount it’s supposedly charging in the message it sends to the player when you invoke it. It still charges a flat 200 credit fee.
Arkheias wrote:Seriously, several of the brand new items I added in the previous version didn't even work because of a typo that I found and fixed within three days of releasing that version. I didn't release the patch because then I'd have to change a bunch of version numbers again and upload it to a bunch of sites for archival purposes, and I wanted to wait and see if anyone was actually bothered enough to complain about it first. Four months and nearly a hundred downloads later and the only bug report I've received was an IRC message about a death trap that I had intentionally put in the game in the first public version.
I feel ya, man. I get very little feedback on my stuff, either. I hadn’t noticed the enhancer bug you mentioned or I would have said something. It seems to be symptomatic of the community as a whole. The people who do report bugs in mods are usually very good about doing so when the find them, there just aren’t all that many who do.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)