Cabbage Corp

Post about your finished mods here.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

The new star is from the Xenophobe event from Dynamic Systems and how they gate out of the system.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Are the high-level Jadeite deflectors supposed to be non-military?

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The high level ones are supposed to be alien, it's the mid-level ones that were supposed to be military.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bug report, and I thought I’d mentioned this on IRC a ways back: In Modules/Library/CCLibraries_Dockscreens.xml, you have a number of instances of “(scrExitScreen gSource)” that need to be “(scrExitScreen gScreen)” instead. It used to work, but now it’ll get you stuck in the screens unless you either force quit the game or debug your way out of it.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That's been fixed on the GitHub development branch for the most part for a while now. There were 2 instances that I had either missed or added back in at some point, but I've fixed them too now.

I'm still hoping that I can follow through with my original plan to wait for Transcendence 1.7 to be released for realsies before I finalize and publish the next version of Cabbage Corp, but I originally expected that to happen a few months ago.

Until then, I recommend that everyone just use the development branch of Cabbage Corp on GitHub. I've added a direct link to it at the bottom of the first post.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Suggestion: Consider removing the GenericClass attribute from the unarmed auton lines. I’ll be making the same suggestion to George on Ministry. Few things make for a more boring intro screen than a Sapphire trying to take on a swarm of Mules, getting timed out, and the Sapphire being replaced by a swarm of Phantoms.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm
 Suggestion: Consider removing the GenericClass attribute from the unarmed auton lines. I’ll be making the same suggestion to George on Ministry. Few things make for a more boring intro screen than a Sapphire trying to take on a swarm of Mules, getting timed out, and the Sapphire being replaced by a swarm of Phantoms.
I'll do it if George does it. I have no idea if it would cause any issues elsewhere.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That’s totally fair. Keep an eye on this ticket to see what happens with it. Also, I’ll make a note to ask during Thursday’s postgame.

Latheos
Miner
Miner

I'm enjoying this mod, especially in combination with AssumedPseudonym's Avian Enterprises and The Back Road. I've been trying to make a go of the largest Cabbage Corp freighter, but it's been a slog, with it not always being easy (and sometimes nearly impossible) to find bigger reactors and better drives. In the game I'm currently playing, though, I'm having a grand time of it with a 200MW reactor, fast dual drives, and some cool weapons of AP's.

In the description of the freighters, there's mention of hard points on the sides for weapons that will give them side-swiveling properties, but they don't seem to work. I mention this because in AP's The Back Road mod, he's got the Nemesis frigate with port and starboard hard points for weapons. Perhaps there's something there that will make the freighter's assumed side weapons actually do what is implied in the descriptions...?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Latheos wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:07 am
In the description of the freighters, there's mention of hard points on the sides for weapons that will give them side-swiveling properties, but they don't seem to work. I mention this because in AP's The Back Road mod, he's got the Nemesis frigate with port and starboard hard points for weapons. Perhaps there's something there that will make the freighter's assumed side weapons actually do what is implied in the descriptions...?
 Which reminds me, I want to rework those to be a bit less ridiculous to set up. Mostly the current dockscreen setup was pure experimentation for learning how to do certain things.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Latheos wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:07 am
I'm enjoying this mod, especially in combination with AssumedPseudonym's Avian Enterprises and The Back Road. I've been trying to make a go of the largest Cabbage Corp freighter, but it's been a slog, with it not always being easy (and sometimes nearly impossible) to find bigger reactors and better drives. In the game I'm currently playing, though, I'm having a grand time of it with a 200MW reactor, fast dual drives, and some cool weapons of AP's.

The additional weapon hard points were previously implemented via alternative extension that required Playership Drones (PSD) v6 to be installed. I removed this feature because I didn't like having to keep multiple versions of the mod up-to-date and also because the author of PSD v6 decided to stop updating that version of the mod for newer versions of Transcendence and to just overhaul the entire thing in the form of PSD v7.

I haven't updated Cabbage Corp for PSD v7 partially because I'm not sure if the framework/api for that version has been finalized yet, and mostly because I am waiting for George to actually add support for Optional Libraries already so that I can more easily add maintainable support for other mods.

Due to the way that the game is currently set up, for every additional mod that I want to add optional support for, I have to double the number of extensions that I need to maintain.

I plan on adding this feature back in eventually though.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones v7 is not (intended to be) final, and I may end up mutilating it again while I try to figure out how to make it work for Vault of the Galaxy, remove dependency to Human Space library, and possibly try to hook it up with Ship Broker instead of my overcomplicated mess.

It may be a while before I get back to Playership Drones since I am busy updating other stuff.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Latheos
Miner
Miner

The armor workshop at the main Cabbage Corp ports is broken; you can't modify armor at all using it. Next time I'm in the game, I'll note what the error message says.
cabbage-armor-workshop.jpg
cabbage-armor-workshop.jpg (26.62 KiB) Viewed 18747 times
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

While apparently not something that affects being able to use it, one thing I ran across while looking through Cabbage Corp is that both &xtCCCabbageCorpExtension; and &unidCCTopology; are set as 0xDA27C002, and both &xtCCCabbageCorporateCommandExtension; and &unidCCIdaSegment; are set as 0xDA27C003.

Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

Help. I can't load this mod. Any help?]
Attachments
Cabbage corp error.PNG
Cabbage corp error.PNG (21.09 KiB) Viewed 16355 times