Cabbage Corp

Post about your finished mods here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bug: “The box seems to contain several superconducting coils. You could try using it to repair your ship's insufficient arguments ### (itmGetName aItemToRepair) ###.”

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Bug: The Cabbage Corp system map access ROM looks like it is supposed to charge according to system level, and even says the amount it’s supposedly charging in the message it sends to the player when you invoke it. It still charges a flat 200 credit fee.
AssumedPseudonym wrote: Bug: “The box seems to contain several superconducting coils. You could try using it to repair your ship's insufficient arguments ### (itmGetName aItemToRepair) ###.”
I've fixed the first one, and I've found out what was causing the second issue. Apparently, the game pre-identifies items that are included with playerships, so I never ended up properly testing the unidentified versions of the replacement shield emitter coils and thus they are effectively missing a dockscreen. I'll probably have an updated version uploaded in few hours. It should be compatible with saves using the old version.

Also, thank you for submitting a bug report.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.5.1 (2016-01-04)
  • -----Ships-----
  • Added "auton" to the type value for all autons.
  • Removed "auton" from the class value for all autons.
  • Removed howitzers from the types of weapons that lampyridae-class ships offer a swivel mount for.

-----Items-----
  • Added a new icon for the series of shield emitter arrays.
  • Changed name of "Cabbage Corp system map access ROM" to "system map access ROM".
  • Changed the "system map access ROM" to charge more credits for higher level systems.
  • Fixed bug in which the Cabbage Corp system map access ROM charged the wrong amount of credits.
  • Fixed bug in which replacement emitter coils did not work unless identified first.
This version should be compatible with games started using the previous version.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bug: Selecting the “Factory Reset” option on a device will remove the device from the menu, which then leaves it possible to have a blank menu with an active “Factory Reset” option. Selecting the option at this point yields an error (Unknown item type [Nil] ### (itmCreate gBaseDevice 1) ###). You may want to return to the main ship menu on resetting.

Possible bug: The “Factory Reset” option displays with unidentified Cabbage Corp enhancers (but no other Cabbage Corp devices) installed. Given that your enhancers aren’t modifiable like some other devices (or at least I don’t think they are), you might want to add an extra attribute to your modifiable devices and use that as your menu criteria instead of just the basic cabbageCorp attribute.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote: Bug: Selecting the “Factory Reset” option on a device will remove the device from the menu, which then leaves it possible to have a blank menu with an active “Factory Reset” option. Selecting the option at this point yields an error (Unknown item type [Nil] ### (itmCreate gBaseDevice 1) ###). You may want to return to the main ship menu on resetting.

Possible bug: The “Factory Reset” option displays with unidentified Cabbage Corp enhancers (but no other Cabbage Corp devices) installed. Given that your enhancers aren’t modifiable like some other devices (or at least I don’t think they are), you might want to add an extra attribute to your modifiable devices and use that as your menu criteria instead of just the basic cabbageCorp attribute.
Thank you for the bug reports and the advice. I've implemented the first solution and it seems to have fixed that problem. I will probably go through all the other similar dockscreens and make sure that I've implemented something similar where I don't already have a dedicated outro.

For the second bug, I've changed the Cabbage Corp Toolset to not show unidentified items or to appear if those are the only Cabbage Corp items installed. I've also changed that action's item filter to be more strict and to not rely on the dockscreen's item filter.

The "Factory Reset" action is meant to be available for all devices that can potentially be modified, enhanced, or ionized. It doesn't work for damaged items, or armor which as far as I am currently aware is the only item type with negative enhancements (meteorsteel dust, decay). I think I might also try to balance this with the action having a small chance to ionize or damage items when resetting them.

I'll probably test a few more ideas before uploading an updated version tomorrow. It should be compatible with saves from the previous version.

catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Arkheias wrote:It doesn't work for damaged items, or armor which as far as I am currently aware is the only item type with negative enhancements (meteorsteel dust, decay).
There are also field crystals that debuff shields (lower resistance to damage types and -20%, I believe).
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

catfighter wrote:
Arkheias wrote:It doesn't work for damaged items, or armor which as far as I am currently aware is the only item type with negative enhancements (meteorsteel dust, decay).
There are also field crystals that debuff shields (lower resistance to damage types and -20%, I believe).
...I'm just going to give it a 50% chance of damaging the device and make a post on the ministry asking for an itmIsDiminished function.

Edit:
I'm not exactly sure, but I think that this will return false for items with negative enhancements and true otherwise.

Code: Select all

(ls (itmIsEnhanced gItem) 32768)
There should be many new shenanigans in the underlying code of the next major update.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.5.2 (2016-01-09)
  • -----Globals-----
  • Changed the CCDeviceExchange global function to work for all types of enhanced devices.

-----Dockscreens-----
  • Changed the Cabbage Corp Toolset "Factory Reset" action to be more robust.
  • Changed the Cabbage Corp Toolset "Factory Reset" action to have a small chance of damaging/disrupting devices.
  • Changed the Cabbage Corp Toolset "Modify" action to exit the screen after completing.
  • Changed the Cabbage Corp Toolset "Factory Reset" action to exit the screen after completing.
  • Fixed bug where the Cabbage Corp Toolset "Factory Reset" action relied on separate item filters.
  • Fixed bug where the Cabbage Corp Toolset appeared for unidentified items.
  • Removed armor items from the Cabbage Corp Toolset list.
This version should be compatible with games started using the previous version.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues on GitHub, in this thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.5.3 (2016-01-16)
  • -----Globals-----
  • Changed commenting in global functions.

-----Items-----
  • Changed all repairer devices to have a lower upper limit for the levels of the armors that they can repair.
  • Changed all repairer device descriptions.
  • Changed the outputs of most solar devices.
  • Changed all solar device descriptions.
  • Changed descriptions of all advanced ore refineries.
  • Changed description of Cabbages to adjust for global warming.

-----Resources-----
  • Changed the resource CCPraclarushHangar.jpg to a derivative of two public domain images to simplify copyright labelling.

Cabbage Corp v0.7.5.4 (2016-01-16)
  • -----General Changes-----
  • Fixed changelog.

These versions should be compatible with all games started using any v0.7.5.x release.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have a suggestion: For the premium membership and diplomatic IDs, consider <Invoke uninstalledOnly="true"> on them instead of just <Invoke>. I keep accidentally uninstalling them while trying to map the system.

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote: I have a suggestion: For the premium membership and diplomatic IDs, consider <Invoke uninstalledOnly="true"> on them instead of just <Invoke>. I keep accidentally uninstalling them while trying to map the system.
Thank you for your suggestion. The premium membership ID cannot be installed so I won't be changing it for now, but now that I am aware of this feature I will be implementing it for the diplomatic ID in the next update.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Arkheias wrote:The premium membership ID cannot be installed…
 My bad. I generally skip getting it and didn’t really dig into the XML enough to look at it more closely.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You may want to give your Sívaya armors a quick run. The description says it’s supposed to be harder to repair, but the label says “repair level 3” on it. I smell a copypasta oversight from the low level variants.
EDIT: Actually, going through the XML, it looks to only be the advanced Sívaya armor. The rest all check out.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Copypasta on behalf of an IRC user who doesn’t have an account here on the forum:

(05:04:47 PM) PhaseMacaw: well, i have some feedback for him (mainly turning the mining lasers in his mods into low ROF, high DMG weapons)
(05:07:10 PM) PhaseMacaw: also, the stealth freighter they have for their 3rd ship is almost impossible to fly
(05:09:48 PM) PhaseMacaw: the howitzers and repeater cannons, plus the first two ships are good
(05:21:44 PM) PhaseMacaw: there's one last complaint i have: when trying to exit the ship config window ater using the CC toolset, it takes two presses of the esc key to exit the ship window

Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

AssumedPseudonym wrote: You may want to give your Sívaya armors a quick run. The description says it’s supposed to be harder to repair, but the label says “repair level 3” on it. I smell a copypasta oversight from the low level variants.
EDIT: Actually, going through the XML, it looks to only be the advanced Sívaya armor. The rest all check out.
I will fix that and a few other issues with the Sivaya armor series in the next update, which I intend to upload in a few hours.
AssumedPseudonym wrote: Copypasta on behalf of an IRC user who doesn’t have an account here on the forum:

(05:04:47 PM) PhaseMacaw: well, i have some feedback for him (mainly turning the mining lasers in his mods into low ROF, high DMG weapons)
(05:07:10 PM) PhaseMacaw: also, the stealth freighter they have for their 3rd ship is almost impossible to fly
(05:09:48 PM) PhaseMacaw: the howitzers and repeater cannons, plus the first two ships are good
(05:21:44 PM) PhaseMacaw: there's one last complaint i have: when trying to exit the ship config window ater using the CC toolset, it takes two presses of the esc key to exit the ship window
I'm going to be rebalancing a lot of the weapons and other item when I update Cabbage Corp for Transcendence 1.7, but for now, the mining lances can be enhanced with both the vanilla laser collimator and with Cabbage Corp mining lance capacitors to increase their damage. I'm planning on overhauling the howitzers to have a variable firerate limited by how fast they overheat. I might do something similar for the mining lances so that they have multiple fire modes such as high damage/low ROF and low damage/high ROF.

The playerships are intentionally designed the way they are. They do not have built in thrusters; they come with cheap preinstalled drives that you need to replace with better drives in order to make them playable. This is to balance the fact that the slowest one has a 40,000 ton cargo capacity and 15 device slots. I might give them built in drives for 1.7 because of the changes to how the powerUse of built in drives is determined, or I might not if that would make capital ships unplayable as playerships.

I've also found the cause for the bug with the dockscreens and it should also be fixed in the next update.

Thank you both for your bug reports.