Post about your finished mods here.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Updated the following:
Cabbage Corp v0.7.5.5 (2016-02-15)
  • -----General Changes-----
  • Updated for Transcendence v1.6.4.
  • Added catfighter and PhaseMacaw to the credits list.
  • Removed deprecated information from README files.

-----Dockscreens-----
  • Changed various dockscreens to match vanilla Transcendence standards.
  • Fixed bug with closing dockscreens after opening "Cabbage Corp Toolset" dockscreen.

-----Items-----
  • Changed description of diplomatic identification chip.
  • Changed diplomatic identification chip to be usable only when uninstalled.
  • Fixed repairTech of advanced Sivaya armor (changed from 3 to 9).
  • Fixed regen of 4x-layered hardened Sivaya armor (changed from 55 to 5).
This version should be compatible with all games started using any v0.7.5.x release.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Found a typo.

Last sentence says "Heavier armors segments...." which I think should be "Heavier armor segments..."; dropping the 's' on armors.

Looks like it's in a lot of the Cabbagium armors.

I've attached a pic.

Awesome mod :D .
Attachments
cabbage typo-crop.jpg
cabbage typo-crop.jpg (56.54 KiB) Viewed 18532 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Version 0.7.7.5

Your reactor graphics are excellent. I have no idea how you did it but they look great.
And the way you have recoloured some of the original game images is very well done.

======================
Autons don't find stargates
Same as here.

https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=54206

Mark 1 Phantom auton didn't find a stargate.

Also an "Exploration complete" plyMessage would be nice.
Otherwise I never know whether the auton is destroyed or on its way back.

=========================
Also:
I tried to open an unidentified ammo box.
I got this screen.

See attached pic.

Pressing Cancel got me back to the SRS but the box was still unidentified and I had no superconducting coils.
Can repeat again and again for the same (non-)result.

======================
In a Wolfen I swapped a 25MW reactor (single slot) for a dual Siva-40M reactor (2 slots) but didn't have a spare slot.
It could be installed even without a spare slot and the Ship Configuration screen showed device slots changing from '8 (0 free)' to '8 (-1 free).. non-weapons stayed at '4 (0 free)'.
I uninstalled the dual laser cannon and got the device slot numbers back to normal (8 and 4 with 0 free).

But after that I tried to replace the previously installed solar array with a biohybrid solar dynamo and the Starton dock services wouldn't do it. I think this should have been allowed because it would swap devices in a non-weapons slot.

I then uninstalled the solar array so I could install (as opposed to replace) the solar dynamo but the device slot that should have been free was a weapons slot not the non-weapons slot that I had just emptied. The Ship Configuration screen showed 'device slots:8 (1 free)' and 'non-weapons:4 (0 free)'. The end result was I uninstalled a non-weapons device and then couldn't install another non-weapons device.

If you're confused, don't worry, so am I.
I think what's happening is the Siva reactor, which was installed when there wasn't enough slots for it, is changing slots until the ship gets back to a normal setup with 8 slots and 4 (and only 4) of them with non-weapons. Making it so that 2 slot devices can't be installed when there is only 1 slot available will fix all the rest of this. (maybe!)
Attachments
CabbageCorp unIDed box bug resized.jpg
CabbageCorp unIDed box bug resized.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 18354 times
Last edited by relanat on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I haven't test this mod, and now have a chance to download this... :-)
The first I test is readme PDF, it looks cool and creative. That's good concept rather than txt. That is inspired me to make a readme that easily understandable.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Crew looks cool, though they are useless for me. Also a great graphic from weapon, shield, armor, and all device.
However, there is a problem. It really too much items, and really confusing me :-/. So I can't tell my experience when using any device.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This mod seems to be completely incompatible with any of network-like mods like Beyond the Mainline or Uncharted. When you try to access the ship selection menu, it says "Unknown design type 200004" and crashes back into the main menu.

As of the mod itself, it's actually pretty awesome. What I like the most is its insane customization potential. I hope it is going to be developed in future.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That’s a topological incompatibility. Cabbage Corp adds a system to the topology, but the UNID it has to reference to do so is defined as a part of the Stars of the Pilgrim adventure in Transcendence.xml rather than in HumanSpaceVol01.xml as a part of the library.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

relanat wrote:Found a typo.

Last sentence says "Heavier armors segments...." which I think should be "Heavier armor segments..."; dropping the 's' on armors.
This has been fixed for the next update. I have also been redoing a lot of the item descriptions though, so it might be worse by the time I release it.
relanat wrote:Autons don't find stargates
relanat wrote:Also an "Exploration complete" plyMessage would be nice.
My reconnaissance autons are basically just copies of the vanilla exploration auton only with different equipment. If it never plays a "Reconnaissance complete" message, the auton was probably destroyed.
relanat wrote:I tried to open an unidentified ammo box.
You won't know what kind of superconducting coils they are until you use them, similar to how barrels are identified. Until then, they stay unidentified.
I have clarified this somewhat for the next update.
relanat wrote: In a Wolfen I swapped a 25MW reactor (single slot) for a dual Siva-40M reactor (2 slots) but didn't have a spare slot.
It could be installed even without a spare slot and the Ship Configuration screen showed device slots changing from '8 (0 free)' to '8 (-1 free).. non-weapons stayed at '4 (0 free)'.
I uninstalled the dual laser cannon and got the device slot numbers back to normal (8 and 4 with 0 free).

But after that I tried to replace the previously installed solar array with a biohybrid solar dynamo and the Starton dock services wouldn't do it. I think this should have been allowed because it would swap devices in a non-weapons slot.

I then uninstalled the solar array so I could install (as opposed to replace) the solar dynamo but the device slot that should have been free was a weapons slot not the non-weapons slot that I had just emptied. The Ship Configuration screen showed 'device slots:8 (1 free)' and 'non-weapons:4 (0 free)'. The end result was I uninstalled a non-weapons device and then couldn't install another non-weapons device.

If you're confused, don't worry, so am I.
I think what's happening is the Siva reactor, which was installed when there wasn't enough slots for it, is changing slots until the ship gets back to a normal setup with 8 slots and 4 (and only 4) of them with non-weapons. Making it so that 2 slot devices can't be installed when there is only 1 slot available will fix all the rest of this. (maybe!)
These seem like bugs in vanilla Transcendence. The game assumes that a replacement reactor will use only 1 device slot, and the game doesn't display the correct number of non-weapon device slots available if said number is negative.
DigaRW wrote:The Crew looks cool, though they are useless for me. Also a great graphic from weapon, shield, armor, and all device.
However, there is a problem. It really too much items, and really confusing me :-/. So I can't tell my experience when using any device.
I have been planning on reducing the total number of level-based variants of items in the next update and modifying several items' descriptions to make them better stand out.
EditorRUS wrote:This mod seems to be completely incompatible with any of network-like mods like Beyond the Mainline or Uncharted. When you try to access the ship selection menu, it says "Unknown design type 200004" and crashes back into the main menu.

As of the mod itself, it's actually pretty awesome. What I like the most is its insane customization potential. I hope it is going to be developed in future.
I've currently decided to explicitly limit this mod to The Stars of The Pilgrim for the next update. This should cause it to not appear in the mod selection screen for other adventures. I may remove this limit depending on how I implement any added star systems, but for now I plan to just tack them on to the main adventure.

Thank you all for submitting these bug reports and observations.
Hopefully, next time I will not procrastinate this long before responding to your posts.

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

By the way, I've looked into the source code and...

Ohmygodwhatisthiscrap?! Isn't that much more convenient and shorter to write

Code: Select all

(if (and (geq gRange 3) (leq gRange 50))
  (setq gContainers 
    (filter 
      (sysFindObject gSource (cat "t; N:" gRange ";")) 
      container 
      (gr (count (objGetItems container "t +unid:0x00004033;")) 0)
    )
  )
)
And that's not even the only place with such style.

Sorry for being a little bit rude, but why? I am confused.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

EditorRUS wrote:By the way, I've looked into the source code and...

Ohmygodwhatisthiscrap?! Isn't that much more convenient and shorter to write

And that's not even the only place with such style.

Sorry for being a little bit rude, but why? I am confused.
Because I've never seen the concatenation function being used for anything other than displaying text to the player (let alone for criteria lists) so I never considered the possibility that this could actually work.

Thank you for this. This has opened up so many possibilities for Cabbage Corp.

EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am not even sure if you are sarcastic or not.

And while I was playing with this, something completely out of place happened:

Guess what? A NEW STAR APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE. I am not sure if it's related, but just for the sake of it...

And even more:
You can [r]eplace a one-slot cargo with two-slot cargo and get this.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

EditorRUS wrote:You can [r]eplace a one-slot cargo with two-slot cargo and get this.
 That one’s actually George’s fault. Dock services check for stuff like remaining cargo space when you swap devices, but except for weapons, they don’t appear to check to see if the swap (or if outright removing a device) will leave the ship with less than zero free slots. I actually ticketed that just a couple of days ago.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

EditorRUS wrote:
I am not even sure if you are sarcastic or not.
I am being completely serious. Damn near all item/object values are put between quotation marks regardless of whether they should or shouldn't be strings, and you can't use the concatenation function for any of them. You can't use it when setting up the criteria lists for what items a station or ship will carry and even the Xelerus page for the function only states that it is useful for outputting text to player.

I've checked Transcendence.tdb and I've found only one instance where that function is used in a criteria list (in Huari.xml):

Code: Select all

(if (and gateID (setq gateObj (sysFindObject gPlayerShip (cat "NG:" gateID))))
	(block Nil
		(objSetKnown gateObj)
		(shpCancelOrders gPlayerShip)
		(shpOrder gPlayerShip 'dock gateObj)
		)
	)
Without stumbling upon that or having this pointed out, I think it was a perfectly rational assumption that this was just one of the many things that are impossible to do in Transcendence. Transcendence does not have good documentation.

Also, according to the wiki, the concatenation function shouldn't even be expected to work for this.

EditorRUS wrote:And while I was playing with this, something completely out of place happened:
I do not believe that Cabbage Corp screws around with enough things for this to be my fault.

EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Also, according to the wiki, the concatenation function shouldn't even be expected to work for this.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=functions

Just read it all. That's where I confirmed my thought of that function being used that way.
Sticks together strings, integers, booleans or literals forming larger strings in the order you supply with the argument list.
(cat "He" "l" "llo W" "orld" 1 "!!" 1)
This returns the string "Hello World1!!1".
Transcendence is actually quite documented. If not no xelerus.de, then on the forum for sure. The only function that I myself found out by chance (in Weapon Labs) and it was never documented until recently is typCreate, which was a HUGE waste since the function is so awesome. Back in the day I tried to code something called EMC (Energy-matter convertor), basically that's a weapon that you "charge" and "discharge". Yeah, that took me a while to figure out how to do that. I did manage to create that thing, but it was buggy beyond hell. But hey, it did work so that's fine.
The weapon had its own interface. You access the menu and set the weapon to charge, say, 10 GJ. It dynamically creates a power hog (a virtual external device) that consumes power until there is enough energy and then the weapon creates a virtual weapon based around how much charge you chose for it to collect and kind of damage as well. All done thanks to Weapon Labs and its extensive use of typCreate. I am not sure where the author managed to find reference about this function, probably in actual source code (and by that I mean transcendence engine, not merely its scripts).
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Arkheias wrote:I am being completely serious. Damn near all item/object values are put between quotation marks regardless of whether they should or shouldn't be strings, and you can't use the concatenation function for any of them. You can't use it when setting up the criteria lists for what items a station or ship will carry and even the Xelerus page for the function only states that it is useful for outputting text to player.
It's important to realize the difference between XML and TLisp. All the data in Transcendence's data files is in XML, but only some of the data within that XML is TLisp scripts. XML requires attributes (data stored inside an opening tag) to be surrounded by quotes (apparently they can be single or double, but George seems to always use double). They show up purple by default in Notepad++, and appear after the name of the attribute, which is red by default, and an equal sign, like this:
example.PNG
example.PNG (17.96 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
These usually don't contain TLisp, so you can't use TLisp funtions like (cat) inside them. There are some exceptions, though (apparently including those enhancement lines).

Text between opening and closing tags shows up black by default in Notepad++, like this:
example2.PNG
example2.PNG (17.79 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
This usually, if not always, consists of TLisp in Transcendence data files.

TLisp is always enclosed in parentheses. Within a TLisp script, you should always be able to replace a string with a function that returns a string.