Shrike's Mines and Missiles ++ (1.1)

Post about your finished mods here.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hotpatched to Alpha 1.9f2

Fixed critical crash bug caused by fault in credits (Thanks to SolarGalaxy).

Download file in OP has been replaced with the new one.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Patched to Alpha 1.9g

Download is available in the OP.

-Several capital ships now self-repair internals and damaged devices over time, using code contributed by AssumedPseudonym. Don't leave a Drekkar, Skeid, Deimos, Aquila or CSC to get away for too long if you're trying to kill it, or it will start recovering health.
-Ranx Dreadnoughts fire slightly faster (Experimental, may be reverted if it's too nasty for peeps)
-Added damage control party virtual device to several more ships
-Carriers now have new setups (requires a new savegame)
-Makayev factories have improved defenses (experimental, requires a new savegame)
-Rasiermesser factories are back in the mod, and even more dangerous than they were in SM&M 1.2 (requires a new savegame)
-Rasiermesser factories now regenerate smartcannon and Akan 30 ammunition. This is so that their defensive guns don't run out, but it's useful for people looking to buy ammo. While ammo is regenerating, the buy menu will bug out and keep throwing you back to the top. This is a game-issue, not a mod issue.
-Ranx Dreadnought and Aquila now have point defense systems (Only appears on fresh spawns)
-Several balance changes
-Outlaw miner reinforcement spawns fchanged to fix a typo in the dice-code that made them spam excessive numbers of ships.

-New freighters and defenders throughout the game:
--> EI100/M now uses the EI pod launcher and is used as a guard and random traffic vessel in the early game
--> EI200/M uses a DM1500 missile pod (with an excellent rate of fire) and is found in commonwealth traffic
--> EI700/M has an extremely powerful setup but falters due to its poor armor (like the other /M's), and is found in commonwealth traffic later in the game
--> EI100/S is an extremely fast stealth variant of the EI100 with a non-lethal defensive setup (omni EMP cannon). It's found in the lategame as random traffic. (Not used for trade-post orders yet, but I'm looking into it)

In future versions I hope to put these into a few of the game's vanilla missions to add some flavor to them (Eg. refugee convoy, idiotic distressed superfreighter mission)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated to Alpha 1.9i

This version is available for download here. The links in the OP have also been updated.

Untested with old saves because 1.7b1 has compatibility issues that stopped me testing it. I recommend backing up old savegames, or just starting a new one to get all the new content in a more natural way.

This version requires Transcendence 1.7 Beta 1 or higher, as new effects using API 31 have been added!

Partial changelog:

-Massive changes to guard and traffic tables for the commonwealth and corporate hierarchy. Lots of friendly ships that you might not expect to be friendly. Check your targets before shooting them. In general, faction-specific ships have not been made to appear as CW ships, but mass-produced ships that are sold widely (Eg. Oromo, Sotho, T55, T31) have. This also includes ships I've made myself, and ships that were in the code but not really in the game much.
-Manticore nerfed to stop it killing friendlies (No more cluster or High Flux MAGs), removed setups that used Rasiermesser weapons and replaced with Makayev weapons from SM&M++
-Added the new ships from the beta into various ship tables (Eg. Asterion, Armstrong)
-Altered armor on the Excruciator to make it less insane (Internal HP is still too high for the missions it's in, may change that later)
-CSS Changeling updated to Block III Aquila setup as an experiment. THis is completely overpowered, but since that questline is so broken I can't actually test it....it's staying until I can do so. :)
-CSS Changeling dialogue more gender-neutral because it bugged me.
-Bolide Blaster is no longer NotForSale
-New E80 pod for the EI pod launcher
-EI200/M now uses the NAMI launcher
-EI100/M now has heavier missiles
-Adventurer Outfitters have NoFriendlyFire set to "true", have increased HP
-Startons (Corporate Metropoli) now have a defense weapons setup of 7 fast-fire lasers. They have an extremely short range.
-Startons have NoFriendlyFire set to "true"
-Britannia has a heavier gun
-Aquila encounters now have centurion/X guards instead of centurions
-Centurion/X added to various tables, plus one or two fleet missions.
-New Fleet Wolfen gunship + added in to some Fleet stuff
-Tweaks to CSC BLock II weapons setup
-Refugee convoy now uses the EI100/s and Antares V Lategame (Note: I couldn't test this because my copy of G.O.D. finally collapsed. Please let me know of any issues)
-EI100/S made immune to its own EMP cannon
-Fixed typo in M1 Hades description (Thanks, Relenat)
-Made the Eir-class cruiser (Corporate Cruiser) show its name ingame + added it as a rare traffic table entry
-Excruciators will rarely show up at some penitent stations (Experimental)
-Aldrin-class monitor added. It's an Armstrong, but set up as a heavy gun platform. Very much a glass cannon.
-Lategame version of the Asterion added. Also a glass cannon, but this one has tritium cannons.
-New effect for blinder cannon
-New effect for Ion Disruptor
-Fixed incorrect armor on the Defender 2
-Reduced frequency of Britannia station guards
-Fixed Sotho IIs spawning with nuclear weapons in the New Beyond (in the longer term I aim to use levelled frequency for outlaw miner guards)
-Added 'Modernised Ronin/C'. This Commonwealth civilian craft is now a common sight in the mid to late game, and has over 1200 possible setups (20+ main gun, 10+ secondary, 6 shields), plus a choice of two reactors (so it's technically 2400+ setups but no one cares about the reactor). It has no military equipment and is stuck with ceralloy armor, so don't expect miracles. But they're a good little guard vessel
-Reduced ROF on the heavier mining lasers to make them less absurd
-New "high speed turbolaser array". level 6 "launcher" from EI. Very experimental, not yet entirely balanced.
-Lots of little things I have no doubt forgotten
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hotpatched to Alpha 1.9j

Download here

-Fixed broken levelfrequency code that could cause some issues
-Fixed some crash bugs that required odd conditions to create
-Fixed some critical imbalances
-Eir-class cruiser no longer appears at low levels to prevent accidental station destruction
-Balance tweaks to several weapons
-M5 Nemesis is now a plasma munition (experimental, not yet entirely balanced)
-Nerfed Deimos a little
-Outlaw miners now use level tables for most of their ships and reinforcements. Known issue: all ships in a group will be of the same class. THis isn't what I was hoping to do, but it'll do.
-Modernised Ronin/C's now have names.
-Ranx gunship has slightly higher ROF
-EI200 now has internals (no drive compartment as of yet, I'm still learning how to use the system) and a higher ROF.
-EI100/S now used for trade orders
-Small tweaks here and there
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Patched to Alpha 1.95!

Download link Here!

This is a big content patch, with enough stuff in it that I'm going to get it wrong. But here's the basics:

-12 new armors from Voss und Szell and Archimedes Industrial
-4 new shields from Dobson and Archimedes (Niche use, but the archimedes ones are pretty neat)
-AXTIR now has a convoy encounter (yaaaaaaay!)
-New dealer stations for Voss und Szell (they sell other things from Freeworlds manufacturers). There's one hanging out with the Tinkers in Rigel.
-Laid the foundation for an add-on set of systems leading up to Mikhail's Rest, a major Freeworld system in the Ungoverned Territories under threat from a variety of sources. Just the sovereign for now, but more will follow over time. Mikhail's Rest isn't exactly like the rest of the Freeworlds, so I'm giving them a unique sovereign in case George expands the base Freeworlds and adds his own sovereign that might share a name with my one otherwise.
-EI200 now has internals (Thanks to AP for talking me through how to determine where to put them)
-Many, many, many balance changes ad bugfixes
-Numerous typos fixed
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated to Alpha 1.95A

Download here

This update fixes various small issues, squashes some bugs, rebalances a few vanilla things, and adds some early work on some ships I'll be working on later. As well as some new stuff

New ships:

-Hoplite-class Battlepod (placeholder graphics)
-EI500/G-class monitor (added to guard and traffic tables as well)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated to 1.95B

Download here

-Fixed incorrectly deprecated Tinker gear that caused crash-bugs in older savegames.
-Nerfed passthrough and WMD on the VS40 and 42, increased mass (may decrease mass later if this turns out to be excessive)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated to 1.96

Download here

-Added Nakamoto A and B superfreighters. These are heavily defended ships, but they have their weakpoints. They only appear as friendly commonwealth traffic for now. Internal compartments and drive plumes are placeholders.
-A few balance changes here and there
-Fixed one or two minor bugs.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated to 1.97

Download here

This patch fixes some bugs and oversights with the NAMI heavy launcher and its missiles, the Tsar launcher, and the Ranx Dreadnought, in addition to some important rebalances:

-NAMI heavy launcher no longer 2-slot
-NAMI heavy missiles are heavier and more expensive
-Reduced speed of some M-series missiles
-M5 got a damage boost

-Tsar Launcher is no longer omni (Karve now has explicit omni-mount), has swivel.
-Increased speed of Tsar Nicholas
-Altered hiteffect of Tsar Nicolas (still needs a remaster at some future point)

-Nakamoto-A and -B have new equipment setups

-Ranx Dreadnought now usually has akan-30, not quads.
-Akan-30 RDN now has split secondaries (6 guns, not 3)

-Centurions will now fire their missiles (note: In existing savegames this may make them overpowered until they run out of missiles. I am still working around crippling AI bugs here)

-Fleet wolfens no longer have XM400 missiles (they will not fire their new missiles due to aforementioned crippling AI bug)

-AXTIR armor significantly buffed
-AXTIR barricade has 250 HP (from 100)

-Gokstad has better armor
-Oseburg has better armor
-Snekke has slightly altered gun chances
-LOTOR gunships in general fire faster
-Skeid-class frigate fires significantly faster
-Karve ROF nerfed slightly

-Some small tweaks to other things, but not worth noting here.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Patched to 1.975

Download

Undid some changes that didn't work in the previous version, and added some more rebalances to the NAMI heavy. New station: Bushido Manufacturing Plant. Various new Bushido weapons. hanzo remastered somewhat.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Patched to 1.98

Dropbox link

-Added two functional new playerships: Scorpion and Asterion
-Added third partly-functional very WIP Sotho. (Needs art!)
-Added some extra enhancers that don't work because the enhancement system is annoying.
-Reduced cost of Auto40 ammunition, altered damage values
-Various other tweaks and changes.
Latheos
Miner
Miner

In the flavor text for the Asterion-class gunship, you've misspelled "overcharge" as "overchargw".

Love the art for the Sotho class, by the way. ;-)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Latheos wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:56 am
In the flavor text for the Asterion-class gunship, you've misspelled "overcharge" as "overchargw".

Love the art for the Sotho class, by the way. ;-)
Enjoy it while it lasts, because it's not lasting very long. George agreed to render some new art for me. :P

Thanks for the typo. :)
Latheos
Miner
Miner

I've found a conflict between this mod and PM's Trading Post Menu. With both extensions running, the trading post menu won't work. I believe it's because both mods make changes to the stCorporateTradingPost. Is there any chance of getting the two extensions to play nicely together? I'd really rather not be forced to choose between them, as yours is one of the mainstays of my games, and being able to see a list of what's available at trading posts would make my life a lot easier (in terms of knowing what the name of something I want to order actually is, so I don't order advanced scanning pods when I wanted an advanced analyzer... DAMHIKT).
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shrike wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 pm
....and this is why you give me bug reports. I made a new one using the whiptail effect to replace my original (which was just a clone of the original) to get around ICX issues. If that's lagging then that's a possible engine bug that woulda been good to know about.
 The effect for the Xenophobe ion computer causes a fairly significant amount of lag on my computer while the shot is being generated (though not while it’s onscreen once it’s been created). I thought I had mentioned that on IRC at some point; my bad if not.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)