Ships by Xephyr

Post about your finished mods here.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've taken three ships made for my adventure extension Renegade and released them as playerships. This mod is compatable with Eternity Port.

These are not entirely representative of what the playerships in Renegade will be like, but I figured it'd be nice to put something out there anyway.

Link to Xelerus page
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Are all of those fast?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I can’t speak for all of them yet, but I can tell you that the EI X has Osaka Syndrome. Go double-check what armor segments are registering hits from what direction. Also, it’s worth noting that this is the initial pre-Xelerus release I’m looking at, so if you’ve already fixed this… well.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:Are all of those fast?
They're between .18c and .22c, so I wouldn't describe them as slow, but they're not faster than vanilla playerships.
AssumedPseudonym wrote: I can’t speak for all of them yet, but I can tell you that the EI X has Osaka Syndrome. Go double-check what armor segments are registering hits from what direction. Also, it’s worth noting that this is the initial pre-Xelerus release I’m looking at, so if you’ve already fixed this… well.
Good catch! Fixed it.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Excellent. This is how ships should look. The designs and textures fit just right. The bomber looks like a bomber. The twin firing arrangement on the Thunderbird is great (I hope its compatible with linked fire in PSD). I'm totally jealous of creative people.

The shading on the Thunderbird looks a bit wonky though. It seems like the left hand side of the ship is always illuminated as it turns, instead of the northwest section always being lit regardless of which way the ship is facing (if you can decipher that).

I like the shield display too but it possibly needs a little more variation. It looks dim until 100 degrees clockwise then full brightness for the rest of the way to 360, or it might just be my monitor.

Can't wait for Renegade.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!