Russian S-1 Probe

Post about your finished mods here.
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

-- This mod only works with version 1.7 beta, which can be downloaded here: --
http://kronosaur.com/downloads/TranscendenceNext.zip

The Russian S-1 Probe is an old and outdated space faring vehicle, a relic of a bygone era. Unfortunately it's the only ship you could get your hands on, so have fun!

The S-1 Probe comes with a shield display, 40 facings, and graphically is a light brown luminous drone.

It is a hard-mode ship, but not like any seen before! Any weapon installed on the S-1 Probe fire backwards, making fights a challenge. But that's not all! The S-1 Probe cannot move, except by the use of an uninstallable kinetic propulsion system installed in a weapon slot. This means that you cannot move and shoot at the same time. Do you embrace the challenge?

But that isn't the end of the trails you must face. The S-1 Probe is equipped with a shield generator which breaks upon going down, so be careful which fights you choose until you've upgraded your shield. The armor under that flimsy shield generator isn't any better: it's light titanium plating!

Have fun with your laser weapon, and by have fun I mean have fun melting plastic, because you're not going to be destroying much else.

-- Updated version 2 --

Because I was feeling nice I added a new fancy device for you all to play with. This 'halts' the ship, so now it is possible to stay stationary on top of a planet, etc. Credit to digdug for help with the code.

But it isn't all good. Now, any shield installed on the ship will have a 25% health penalty.
To compensate, the S-1 Probe starts with Titanium armor now.

Have fun guys!

-- Updated version 2.1 --

Updated the armor display so that the front armor plate is actually the front armor plate, and the left is actually the left, etc, instead of them being mixed up. Thanks gunship256 :D

(also, I would like to see a screenshot of someone completing the game with this ship. I dare you!) :D

Feedback welcome!

- Peter
Attachments
S-1 Probe.zip
Download here
Version 2.1
(245.08 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Last edited by Peter on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
Why must I keep running into that wall, impossibility?
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Peter,

I just played Eridani - through killing Arco Vaughan.

Very challenging and fun!

I lost my shield in the first battle with the laser not melting any enemies - and my armor hitpoints got down to 3.

I ended up pretty good at it though.

Are the left and rear armor panels intentionally confused?
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Are the left and rear armor panels intentionally confused?
I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't know why it is happening. It used to work until I updated, do you know what has gone wrong?

Thanks for the feedback!
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I've run into this problem too. In more recent versions of the game's API, I think the ArmorSection tag needs a segment="" attribute, with each armor segment assigned a number, in order for the HUD to know which segment is which.

Here's some of my own code with the appropriate lines highlighted to make it clear what I'm talking about:

<ArmorDisplay>
<ShipImage imageID="&rsBahnsenHUD;" imageWidth="136" imageHeight="136"/>

<ArmorSection name="forward"
segment="0"
imageID="&rsWolfenArmor;"
imageX="0" imageY="0" imageWidth="52" imageHeight="15"
destX="42" destY="19" hpX="55" hpY="18"
nameY="8" nameBreakWidth="200" nameDestX="0" nameDestY="10" />

<ArmorSection name="starboard"
segment="3"
imageX="75" imageY="0" imageWidth="23" imageHeight="69"
destX="94" destY="34" hpX="97" hpY="60"
nameY="30" nameBreakWidth="360" nameDestX="12" nameDestY="0" />

<ArmorSection name="port"
segment="1"
imageX="52" imageY="0" imageWidth="23" imageHeight="69"
destX="19" destY="34" hpX="13" hpY="60"
nameY="52" nameBreakWidth="200" nameDestX="0" nameDestY="8" />

<ArmorSection name="aft"
segment="2"
imageX="0" imageY="75" imageWidth="52" imageHeight="16"
destX="42" destY="103" hpX="55" hpY="107"
nameY="74" nameBreakWidth="360" nameDestX="12" nameDestY="0" />

</ArmorDisplay>
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

-- Updated version 2 --

Because I was feeling nice I added a new fancy device for you all to play with. This 'halts' the ship, so now it is possible to stay stationary on top of a planet, etc. Credit to digdug for help with the code.

But it isn't all good. Now, any shield installed on the ship will have a 25% health penalty.
To compensate, the S-1 Probe starts with Titanium armor now.

Have fun guys!

(also, I would like to see a screenshot of someone completing the game with this ship. I dare you!) :D
---
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

-- Updated version 2.1 --

Updated the armor display so that the front armor plate is actually the front armor plate, and the left is actually the left, etc, instead of them being mixed up. Thanks gunship256 :D
---