This mod makes several improvements to autons and the NAMI Auton Bay:
- Adds the ability to rename autons using the Auton Bay. This name applies to the auton item and the ship it becomes.
- If an auton ship's name is changed by another mod (such as Automatic Auton Numbering), that change will also apply to the item it becomes when it returns to your ship.
- Shows the amount of cargo the auton is carrying, if any, when examining it in the auton bay.
- Fixes a bug in vanilla where repairing an auton's armor with the auton bay deletes its cargo. (fixed in vanilla in 1.7B5)
- Works around a vanilla bug with (objSetItemData) where replacing an auton's armor with identical armor sets the quantity of the auton stack to 1 if the autons have ever been launched or modified. (fixed in vanilla in 1.7B5)
- Shows the maximum armor mass and device power use the auton can support as action descriptions under the relevant actions in the auton bay. Power use should automatically adjust to the change in 1.7A2 allowing ships to install devices with power use equal to their reactor power.
- When returning to the main auton bay screen from a subscreen, the previously selected auton will still be selected, whether or not it was modified. (Surprisingly, this was one of the most difficult parts.)
- Makes the auton bay not close after launching an auton unless there are no autons left on board.
- If an auton is ordered to return while other autons are already returning that will fill the available cargo space, it sends an error message rather than returning.
- If an auton attempts to return to the ship while there isn't enough cargo space for it, it relaunches and sends an error message.
- Fixes an issue where if damaged armor is installed on an auton, the auton bay redundantly or incorrectly describes the armor as damaged forever.
- Fixes a bug where if a mule auton's armor is replaced, all armor items in its cargo are moved to the player's cargo.
This mod does not require Corporate Command, but many of its features are specific to the NAMI Auton Bay and won't be available without it.
This mod overrides dsAutonBay, dsAutonBayRepairArmor, dsAutonBayReplaceArmor, dsAutonBayInstallDevice, and baStdAutonBase. So it probably isn't compatible with other mods that override these types. It is compatible with Auton Bay Misc. Slot, and may or may not be compatible with other mods that modify the XML of these types or change the dock screens in <OnGlobalPaneInit>. It adds actionIDs to all the actions, so mods that rely on the default numerical IDs won't work.
This mod allows Mule autons to report how much cargo they're carrying in response to a "Status" message. As a proof of concept for mod interoperability using <Events>, it also works with Com Groups. With both mods active, it will be possible to send the "Status" message to the whole non-combatant com group.
This mod modifies the XML of scMuleAuton (and any autons added by mods with nonzero cargo space and docking ports), but should be compatible with other mods that do so, thanks to the bug fix in 1.7B5.
Auton Bay Misc. Slot and Hotkey
As the name suggests, this mod makes the NAMI Auton Bay take a miscellaneous device slot, rather than the cargo bay slot, allowing the Constellation (and other ships, if they acquire one) to use it at the same time as a cargo bay. It also add a hotkey (B) for it in the Use menu.
This mod won't do anything without Corporate Command.
This mod modifies the XML of itNAMIAutonBay, scConstellationPlayer, and baStdAutonBase, so it might conflict with other mods that modify those types. However, it is compatible with Improved Auton Bay Screens.
Old version without the hotkey:
Automatic Auton Numbering
This mod appends a unique number to the end of each auton's name when it's launched.
This mod overwrites the global function (rpgDeployAutonFromItem). It's probably compatible with any mods that don't do that. If you combine it with Corporate Command or another mod that allows autons to be converted back into items, I recommend also using Improved Auton Bay Screens, otherwise the numbers will be lost when the autons return.
Improved Mule Screens
This mod clarifies where cargo is being transferred and allows the player to jettison items from a Mule auton directly into space.
This mod alters the Main dockscreen of any auton that's the player's wingman using an <OnGlobalPaneInit> event. It should be compatible with any mod that doesn't alter that screen.
Possible mod ideas
- Allow using armor repair items on auton armor
- Salvage and repair autons from wrecks with the auton bay
- Add Lumiere autons to their loot tables (this is planned for Core at some point)
- Replace the Longreach on the 310A with a lower value custom version for financial balance
- Allow Mules to be ordered to loot a target
- Make Explorers more cautious while exploring
As always, feedback, suggestions and bug reports are welcome.