Xortek Corporation

Post about your finished mods here.
SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

Can you get heat stroke in the coldness of space? Xortek Corporation certainly has figured out how to do that. Work on plasma-based technology left its employees a little bit unhinged, but that's just perfect for a pilgrim that abandoned their family based on a vague dream!

This mod consists of two extensions, 'Xortek Corporation' which adds a station, NPC ships, missions and weapons and 'Garnet Playership' which lets you start your Eridani adventure with a Xortek Corp ship. You can find the stations in systems past Point Juno.

Download
Screenshots

Version History

v0.2.1
  • Fixed a UNID bug
  • Added some WIP graphics for the plasma weapon ammo
v0.2.0
  • Xortek Foundry station
  • Garnet ship
  • 3 missions
  • 2 weapons
License

CC BY-SA 4.0

Acknowledgements

Thanks to the folks on the IRC for helping me out with the XML/Tlisp and George for accepting my code and making the game in the first place.
Attachments
XortekCorporation_0.2.0.zip
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 259 times
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Looks great. The station, especially the HeroImage, looks good and the blinking lights are excellent.

Love the screen descriptions too. "Synergize some resolution", excellent.

And great looking effects everywhere. Impressive.
I thought the mega-hp plasma launcher might be a bit too much but it is balanced nicely by being slow, turning slowly and being able to be shot down.

If you find some way of getting rid of the brackets around the star name, eg 'a (G2 class star)', I would appreciate it if you could let me know. I need to do this in one of my mods.

Nice work.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

relanat wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:06 am
If you find some way of getting rid of the brackets around the star name, eg 'a (G2 class star)', I would appreciate it if you could let me know. I need to do this in one of my mods.
George uses those parenthesis to indicate he doesn't expect the text to appear in-game. If you're showing it to the player, you can use subset to check if the first and last characters are parenthesis and, if so, remove them.
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

Mixing the reward between Rin and Credits would be nice since a lot of advanced items & devices only obtainable using rin currency. Or just reward him one of your plasma gun, sir :) .