Post Heretic Mod

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It does.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

hmm.. that could be a small problem for adventure extensions. If you don't need Huaramarca, you would need to override it just to get rid of the <OnGlobalTopologyCreated> function that is trying to add a link to your custom topology.

Although... The sample one I used doesn't get that error.

Perhaps it is because you included the nodes that could be used by Huaramarca's link code- if you didn't have anything in the topology that matched the call for a link, maybe it won't cause a bug.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Perhaps I'm missing something, probably am, but is there a place to mess around with this at all?
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

What do you mean?
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

F50 wrote: The Iocrym make first contact by asking you to dock at a non-hostile station whereupon the situation between the alien races is given to you and they ask you to join them and travel through the stargate. Next the second alien race asks you to join them and retrieve some equipment off of an Iocrym wreak (upon completion of which they give you some equipment and ask you to go through the stargate). While you are on the mission (regardless of whether or not you are actually trying to complete it), the third race contacts you and asks you to help them blow up a group of Iocrym heavy-gunship (an easy skirmish as you outnumber the enemy) and afterwards to gate out. Do one of the missions (just gate out, retrieve equipment, or take on the cruiser) and you will be allied with that faction. If you try to do both of the last two, then you will be at war with all three factions (and thus basically have nowhere to go).
I think I'll put a twist to that(since I don't really have the scripting skills YET.)

I'll try to do it as close as you describe it.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Periculi wrote:hmm.. that could be a small problem for adventure extensions. If you don't need Huaramarca, you would need to override it just to get rid of the <OnGlobalTopologyCreated> function that is trying to add a link to your custom topology.

Although... The sample one I used doesn't get that error.

Perhaps it is because you included the nodes that could be used by Huaramarca's link code- if you didn't have anything in the topology that matched the call for a link, maybe it won't cause a bug.
What I did to solve this was to forcefully override the code by stopping the code that creates the gate and instead force-creating the gate in sanctuary at a semi-random location.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What you didn't do was put the topology into an adventure extension.

The error that Fatboy had would only have happened if Huaramarca's node wasn't available. It wouldn't matter where you 'forced' the gate to go if there wasn't a nodeID to attach it to.

I did some experiments with this issue-

You either get rid of the <OnGlobalTopologyCreated> or you get rid of the nodes it filters for.

You would have the same problem if you placed the topology into an adventure extension and forgot to include ALL the topology.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Could you please not hijack this topic?
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There's a station I'm adding for civilians,

The Kytryn Industries Trading Post!
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think.... that I will release a beta version complete with everything, exept the proper mission to introduce the player.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

an idea for the 3rd faction (perhaps this may be a bit late, but I don't mind if I don't see some of my ideas in your mod):

Third faction Jumpship:

Armor: nanomatrix. This nano-laden armor is very light and resistant to physical force (including graviton and dark matter), but reacts badly to certain kinds exotic damage such as antimater and dark acid/fire. It is also resistant to nano-based weaponry but is still effected by bad nano effects like degeneration.
Shield: matrix-ionizer. slow-regen, middle hp, and resistant to damage except antimatter and dark acid/fire. This shield cannot withstand the full force of an advanced quantumsphere disintegrator round but I am not sure whether the quantumsphere disintegrates on the same shot that removes shield hp.
Alcubierre cannon: plasma-shot, slow-firing, FTL gun.
Nanoshell Launcher: Fires slightly less than lightspeed, mid-range, rapid-fire, highly-tracking, nanoshell missiles. In addition to damaging the target, nanoshells also delivers a secondary bad effect based on the type of missile used: degenerating, no shields, or device damage.
Nanoculture generator: repairs armor, generates nano weapons, and leaks degenerating nanos as a byproduct of the missile-creation process on armor of ships that weren't specifically constructed to use it. The type of weapon created depends on the generator. Type 1, 2, and 3 generators make degen, noshields and device-damage nanoshells respectively. Each type of generator has an equal chance of appearing on the jumpship (but only one generator per jumpship).
Third-faction short-distance jumpdrive (jumps between 30-40 ls, some scripting involved to make AI use, leaks degen nanos like nanoculture generator)

Very, very maneuverable, but not that fast (if you don't count jumpdrive). Looks like a blue-Wind slaver kind of thing perhaps?

Third faction Annihilator (?):

Armor (nanolattice, 5-6x regular nanomatrix hp, not disintigratable)
Nanoculture generator
Nanoshell launcher
3 large nanoculture generators (better at repairing armor, creates nanotorps instead of nanoshells)
3 Nanotorp launchers (fires nanotorps semi-slowly. Nanotorps fragment into nanoshells and are very hard to destroy by ICX fire until fragmented)
6 Alcubierre cannons
Third-faction short-distance jumpdrive

looks and maneuvers like a recolored xenophobe worldship with fancy-looking engines on the side things?

A fair bit of scripting would be required to do all of this but I could do this myself quite easily as I made the suggestion based on what I knew was possible (except perhaps the degen/no shields/device damage missiles). Apologies if the descriptions are unintelligible.

As a design note, the generators should not actually be installed on the ships and should not generate ammo! instead virtual devices should be made that just repair armor. In the same way, the weapons should not be installed and virtual ammoless versions should actually be used by the ships. That way we have one less <OnUpdate> event to worry about and don't have to worry about balancing ammo production with AI ammo use.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No it's not, I might only make 1 ship of the last two races in the first version.

EDIT: I'm naming the third race the Wir, it's Latin if you're wondering

(if I remember right it means "man" :D )
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update:
I've completed the basic system topology for system levels 11-15
2 Iocrym ships.

The Iocrym carrier and the Iocrym gunship.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nice.. CAn't wait to mess around with this. :)
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Cool! Thanks for the encouragement.

Update:

completed the graphics for the gunship, basically a copy of the Oromo, except it's blue.

EDIT: I will make new graphics for all the new ships after v0.1.