Sebenkia Shipyards (mods & New graphics!)

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

New, from Sebenkia, home of Sebenko-wolf RIC (Research and implementation corporation), come these exciting products:

The new Hunter gunship (beta version):
Fast, maneuverable and light, this aerospace gunship is fantastic for both combat and exhibition flying!
(New graphic in production, need to do the rotation)

And the ICX-7 G-AMS (Gatling anti missile system) is guaranteed to destroy 50% more missiles than the "standard" ICX.
(New item icon graphic, not quite finished- need to add turret section)
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Is that gunship the old texture?
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm still experimenting, trying to find a good one.
And I'll probably smooth the model out a bit.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The new biosphere station!
keep those plants and animals safe for future generations, or make sure that tasty creature you like so much stays the way it is!

and the in-game functioning item icon

Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That's a great in-game result on the weapon. When can we play with it?

Please do some more item graphics (please please please).

How big is the biosphere station in game?
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

the biosphere isn't that good in game, it looks very bland, the inner greenery doesn't show very well etc. It's about the size of a CW slum, I need to experiment more.

Thanks for the encouragement with the item graphics. I think the next one will either be separate icons for lasers/ kinetic weapons, which I can also carry over for a default ICX icon- combine laser with the Gatling gun's movement rig.

Most of these will be going for my adventure mod, although I might release an item pack, since they seem to be my best work

Oh, any requests for item graphics? I can do a few soonish, and a laser & cannon aren't going to occupy me very long.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What renderer are you using?
Do you know how to UV map objects?
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Scanners, Antenna Array, Computers, Equipment, HI-Tech crates and boxes, Shields, Weapons and more weapons, Robots and robotic craft (+autons?), sundries, equipment parts, spacesuits, orchids, xeno-plants, ion bar-b-q, kitchen sink, coffee cup...
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Item graphics would be *so* nice.

Let us see:

Particle cannons, TeV weapons, Ion canons, Lamplighter.

This would basically do all of the weapons that I usually use in a normal game except the Katana, Shtorm repeater, and PK25.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Could you redo the Stephinan Capital Ship? There's a picture in the thread "Stephinian Capital Ship".
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

schilcote wrote:Could you redo the Stephinan Capital Ship? There's a picture in the thread "Stephinian Capital Ship".
Link please, I'm not runnig about the forums for one ship.
F50 wrote: Particle cannons, TeV weapons, Ion canons, Lamplighter.
Hmmm, the Lamplighter interests me, since it does seem like a "special" weapon that deserves it's own icon
Periculi wrote:Scanners, Antenna Array, Computers, Equipment, HI-Tech crates and boxes, Shields, Weapons and more weapons, Robots and robotic craft (+autons?), sundries, equipment parts, spacesuits, orchids, xeno-plants, ion bar-b-q, kitchen sink, coffee cup...
That's quite a list. I think I'll avoid most "random" items. Might do a korolov container though, I always saw them as more of a large crate, like the abandoned ones around their stations
dvlenk6 wrote:What renderer are you using?
Do you know how to UV map objects?
I don't know how to UV map (will it improve the appearance of my models? If it does, I'll learn). I'm using the blender default renderer.
Silentdances
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I don't know how to UV map (will it improve the appearance of my models? If it does, I'll learn). I'm using the blender default renderer.
A UV map will allow you to create a lot of details and effects, and would seriously improve the appearance of your models.

add on: here's an example of a UV map (that I'm currently working on)
as an example
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/S ... Miner2.jpg
"Darkness makes the sunlight so bright, that our eyes blur with tears. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Life is hard. It is supposed to be."
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hmm, UV maps confuse me- I can find lots of tutorials, but nothing that explains the exact benefits.

More importantly, I have a basic model for the archcannon, but I'm still lacing ideas for the rear section. Design ideas, people?

I don't like the big "generator thing" on the back, I want to put somethign else there.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Wow, that must have a high poly count O_o I guess your godlike processor helps, though :P
I think the generator thing would look better if it just had more detail, and was slightly larger.

Btw, for screenshots like that you can turn off the grid+axes.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This thing is barely breaking a sweat. It was born to do this job :P

anyway, and update

better, worse, what needs changing, etc?