Sebenkia adventure mod (Stage: Graphics and design)

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, with the first glimpse of my evil alien faction completed, I thought I should reveal it to you along with my plans for Sebenkia (Seb-En-Kaya) R&D corporation.

in-character text follows

The war had been going badly for Sebenkia for... well, a while at least. Sure, you could say Sebenkia had the best weapons, but being so few in number, and fighting on so many fronts meant that they were being overwhelmed continually.

With only the inner sanctum of Sebenkia's region of control remaining uncontested, they had finally managed to establish a stable front. They had time, but not nearly enough. The only option now was to strengthen the border with everything they had and search the old labs in the wastespace, near where our newest threat emerged.

Our "newest threat" was mostly robotic in nature. A fleet of ancient warships, discovered on a barren world in the wastespace area, held some valuable and advanced technology and had been under research by the corporation.
That was, until it was somehow "re-activated" by the research team. They managed to get a distress signal out, but nothing was heard of them.
Their research project, however, was most certainly heard of again- and they announced their presence with an unseen assault on everything in the system. Caught off guard in a relatively safe area, the research teams were destroyed. So began the crusade of destruction that would test Sebenkia to breaking point.

An image of one of the alien fighters, pieced together from wrecks and combat records:

Reports state that they are armed with antimatter weapons and can outrun just about any craft, but forward scout versions seem much weaker and have been sighted much closer to the border of wastespace.
Last edited by evilbob on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

:shock:

Awesome ship, cool story, new Alien faction! :shock:
Dosgamer3
Closed Account
Closed Account

evilbob wrote: An image of one of the alien fighters, pieced together from wrecks and combat records:
Wrecks of the alien craft (indicating that something managed to fight back) or from the 'black box' recorders from destroyed Sebenkia craft?
The universe is illogical. Get over it.

-----------------------------------------

I cannot be held accountable for anything I say that offends you. I never intentionally offend anyone.
If I offended you, it was an accident and I am sorry.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sebenkian craft, along with the few odd parts salvaged from the occasional destroyed alien.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Background

Corporations have become entities independent of government and planetary control- half of known space is exclusively controlled by them.
In fact, their extended existence has made them more akin to a religion than any sort of business group- fanatical devotees are not uncommon and to defect from the corporation is a death sentence.

You are dropped into the conflict between the big three corporations- Sebenkia R&D, Deliverance arms and Firrox mining (WIP name).

Sebenkia- your "employer"- smaller, elite and highly advanced. And backed against the wall. The other two corporations have them by the neck and their salvation is your task.

Deliverance arms- Militaristic. Ordered. Fanatic. Would have you believe that life under them is utopia, but don't believe it. More numerous than Sebenkia, but less advanced.

Firrox- The smallest of the big three in terms of capital, but with many cheap, slow ships under their command you'll need to have a quick trigger finger to take them down.

Oh, and fighting though the wall Sebenkia is backed against, a horde of advanced alien robots reactivated by accident by a Sebenkian research team- Armed with antimatter weapons and ships that can outrun any human design, Sebenkia's future, and by extension, yours, looks bleak.

Gameplay

Essentially the same as Transcendence's default adventure, but this game isn't going to go easy on you.
You're beset on all sides by fanatical corporate cults, alien robots, desperate pirates and a galaxy that hates you.
(by the way, is there any way to turn off resurrecting? I don't want players doing that either.)

If you're looking for a challenge, step right in, but if you think it's too hard, well... I'm sure there's another adventure out there for you.

Morals and karma won't help you out here- unarmed civvy colony station in your system? When your boss says kill it, take the chance for easy prey- they don't have anything you couldn't get by crushing them and stealing it. These are the corporate wars, not some nice little inter-planetary conflict.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you're on IRC, you may have seen this before, but for those who haven't...

This is the deliverance relic mech.

it is a "holy incarnation of the great deliverance", an "ancient dreadnought that has stood the test of time and reaches for it's foes across the ages"

"Armoured with the unshakable faith of the pilot, the shields and armour to carry them though the darkest places. Armed with the fury to annihilate the faithless and reduce them to nothing. An unstoppable behemoth of destruction, It truly is the embodiment of the will of the lost saint."
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's some really nice modeling there, evilbob!
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

very cool! It remember me a lot of Space Hulk! :D
Mutos
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi evilbob, hi all,

Very cool indeed. I really like the sleek and deadly look of the robotic alien fighter...
@+

Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

dvlenk6 wrote:That's some really nice modeling there, evilbob!
Heh, thanks!
digdug wrote:very cool! It remember me a lot of Space Hulk! Very Happy
Space hulk? you might be intrested in this if you have dawn of war: winter assault...
http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Space_Hulk_II;65290
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

digdug wrote:
very cool! It remember me a lot of Space Hulk! Very Happy

Space hulk? you might be intrested in this if you have dawn of war: winter assault...
http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Space_Hulk_II;65290
unfortunately i don't have dawn of war: winter assault :(
The only space hulk i played was this: (1993, too many years ago :) )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Hulk_(video_game)