Item enhancement framework (WIP)

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

While working on a project for shilcote's godmod competition I ended up building these dockscreens that allow you to pick and choose enhancements. It's still a work in progress and would very much appreciate some feedback on how it could (possibly?) be balanced.

Download from xelerus

1 - simply type "tinkerME" in the console to spawn the item that serves as the temporary gateway into the framework.
2 - Pick the piece of installed equipment you wish to enhance
3 - pick from a very extensive list of enhancement options
4 - trade, pillage and plunder to save up enough creds to afford the enhancement
5 - (repeat step 4 as necessary)
6 - Upgrade your equipment!

See! Wasn't that easy?

I would like feedback to help balance the costs and availability of the enhancements. Not all enhancements are available at first. They are controlled by a variable, in this mod, it's the system level +1 but if the framework were used in a station, it would be static.
I did not include every possible combination of enhancements because there are simply too many. Can't find one that you want? post it here and I'll try to include it in the final version. are there some that are useless? I'll take them out.

Eventually, I feel it would work best in drydocks, tinker stations, Rasiermesser and Makayev factories could enhance their own equipment, and perhaps ringer stations for the end game. The lazarus with 90% effeciency would be a fantastic end game shield if you could afford it.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Prophet wrote:shilcote
I need to make some sort of demotivational poster or something.

EDIT:

[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
ptbptb
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Prophet wrote:1 - simply type "tinkerME" in the console to spawn the item that serves as the temporary gateway into the framework.
Er, is this item supposed to show up somewhere? I got the ... objAddItem ... stuff in the debug window but nothing appears to happen.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

schilcote wrote:
Prophet wrote:shilcote
I need to make some sort of demotivational poster or something.

EDIT:

Ok. I'll be sure to misspell your name at all possible occasions! :D

You should see how people get MY name wrong on other sites.....Shiek, Shirke, Shrek...and "Shrikey Wikey"......euurgh. :evil:
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
ptbptb
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

First impressions

* Eridani System *

Started with a Freighter and sucked up all the credits I could get from that system (including one really lucky break courtesy of an Arena Extension module http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=683

(I think it adds a high level weapon/armour trader to Eridani and the rom I bought there turned out to be a credit rom with 8300 credits.)

Anyway, short version, I didn't actually have cause to use the master tinker once. It was either more effective to buy better equipment, or I didn't want to waste an enhancement on something I was going to be replacing soon.

The ability to repair items in the cargo hold would be much more useful at this stage.

Final Ship configuration:

Credits: 62

Omni directional laser cannon +10%
Class I deflector
Nova-50 reactor
Tritium propulsion upgrade
Heavy Ceralloy Armor (120HP) x 3 +Regen
Heavy Titanium Armor (45HP) x 1

Cargo hold

8 x Centauri Recoilless Cannons (Damaged)
Class II deflector (Damaged)
Barrel of Regenerating Nanos
2 x Spare weapon parts (basic)
Data ROM
19 Helium Fuel rods