alphastrike mod bugtest and release in the wild

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,
I've been playing a little with an alphastrike mod, and I have reached a decent version that I would like to release for various reasons, but mainly it's because I'm too busy in real life recently.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=786

What the mod can do:

link up to 5 installed non-launcher weapons to the alphastrike weapon, so that you can fire all of them together.
The alphastrike weapon is configurable through a dockscreen.

Limitations:
-repeating weapons won't work, no idea how to implement this.
-multitarget weapons won't work, probably easy to implement on my code, however I don't have time.
-Weapon enhancements are not supported at all.

-To link another weapon to the same slot in the dockscreen, please unlink first to reset the item data, again, I have no idea how to improve the script without messing up the weapons if the player has more than 1 identical weapon installed.

Good things in the mod:
-a more or less general function that will fire many configurations (including custom ones or mixed like an alternating omnidirectional)

-omnidirectional weapons are supported using a helper function that uses 3 strategies to find what the weapon is capable of:
*hardcoded list of vanilla weapons
*staticdata on custom weapons (unused, but put it there for the future?)
*guess the weapon configuration by comparing the name of the weapon with a list of keywords. (currently overkill but works nicely for omnidirectional weapons, it was designed before George added "configuration" in typGetDataField)

-little helper functions to manage the weapons in the dockscreen using itemdata.

I'm releasing the code in the wild for you guys to tinker with. I won't probably touch it in the early future.