[Development] SJ&M, 3S&S and SW&A

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Here's my development thread for the 3 projects I currently have for 2011:

Shrike's Jokes & MegaWeapons

Every so often, I have an idea, or I hear of someone elses idea, or two (or three) of us have the SAME idea, which simply CANNOT be balanced,and in most cases, should even considered for a balance attempt. The sort of idea that, if we in IRC lived in the same village in sterotypical rural England*, we'd come up with "down t' pub" after a fair few pints of bitter**. This God-mod will be some of those, plus a few more. It is unlikely to be overly serious. Do not expect regular God-mod fare, as some of the stuff will most certainly NOT what you find in regular GMs. It will probably be the first of the three projects to end.

Here's a teaser: An early test of the Literal Industries (LI) Starcannon.

And when I say "Starcannon", I mean a star cannon. A cannon. That fires Stars.

Ok, Bushido? THAT'S how you do it.***

(Thanks to Starweaver, for reminding me about this one....I've always wanted one of these, and now I'm unlikely to get any serious work done for a WEEK while I play with this.)

Shrike's Stealth Ships & Sovereign (Preliminary Name)
A project to experiment with stealth, custom graphics, and annoying the hell out of players. Currently under way, release possible, but not assured (this is mostly to see if I can do a sovereign of entirely custom-made unique content, not to make a release quality mod)

Shrike's Weapons & Automatons (Preliminary Name)

The main project for 2011

Following on from Shrike's Mines and Missiles, this attempts to expand vanilla content through extensions of existing product ranges, and also maybe some over-writes. While I have yet to finish planning this (I have one missile launcher finished, with ammo, and tested, I have 2 additional weapons underway. I have not yet decided exactly what I intend to do for the rest, it is likely that the mod will affect Autons, add deployable "Autoturrets" for point-defense and rewrite the SZ-xx gunpods that were the first mods I released to Xelerus as more effective and innovative weapons. This will probably take 6-10 months all up, and will feature eyecandy weapon effects, with luck.

It's also likely to be an absolute [BLEEPFudgesticles!BLEEP] to work out which category to put in on Xelerus. "Mod Pack" presumably....

I'll put stuff in here for all three projects as I make pregress (or not) on them. :)

*We don't.
*Were I not a teetotaler and several IRCers under-aged. I suspect. I mean, it's not as if I *know* how old each and every IRCer is through stalking their every move with robot minions. Ask Ttech about that.
*** Quoting 2001: A Space Odyssey will result in a "Yourname" class Target Ship being coded for testing purposes.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey, nice plans Shrike.

I am particularly interested in the stealth project, as I would quite like to have a ship capable of going 'radio silent' or even invisible (vanilla did have stealth armour but it was pretty ineffictive. ) I would like to become invisible to enemy Line Of Sight *and* radar.

Also, the Jokes mod sounds cool - I remember the thread was around here somewhere. I sincerely hope that enemies get turned into mule autons at some point....and the starcannon looks cool.

All looks good! :D
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Just wait till you see the Awesome Cannon.

(If I can get it to work, it'll use....uh....custom graphics. Of a sort....Which means making a projectile graphic and mask...in MS PAINT)

A lot of the more complex stuff is on the backburner for now (since I am nearly useless at scripting)....but there's a few things in there that will be....completely unexpected.

Visible stealth isn't on the list of things to do....optical cloaking doesn't mean that much, and these craft are designed for long-range combat, so making them invisible at close range (where they're weak) would just put them right out of whack with balance. But there will be a few attempts to see how I can make them trickier to find.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the star one is awesome, I have to say.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

ThePrivateer wrote:I sincerely hope that enemies get turned into mule autons at some point....
But of course, it has a 1% chance of misfiring and turning yourself into a mule auton.. ;)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wolfy wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:I sincerely hope that enemies get turned into mule autons at some point....
But of course, it has a 1% chance of misfiring and turning yourself into a mule auton.. ;)
Give me help with scripting, and sure, I'll see about that. ;)

(Actually, would it be possible to check shiptype with ondamageshield/ondamagearmor? Because if so, I'd try and make it so if the shot hit a Mule, it turned into a [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] class [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE], which I'm planning on trying to make as an experiment in shipbuilding and weapons layouts, which fires [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] from [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] which track in and go [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE]. )*

Damn. That's quite a spoiler isn't it?

*One of those censor stickers covers only the word "sparkles!". I'll let you guess which.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

(Actually, would it be possible to check shiptype with ondamageshield/ondamagearmor? Because if so, I'd try and make it so if the shot hit a Mule, it turned into a [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] class [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE], which I'm planning on trying to make as an experiment in shipbuilding and weapons layouts, which fires [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] from [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] which track in and go [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE]. )*

*One of those censor stickers covers only the word "sparkles!". I'll let you guess which.
Anything with sparkles has to be a hoot....as long as I've got the right placement of the word 'sparkles' in that spoiler....
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wolfy wrote:

and if you use a star cannon 85.6 %
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ttech wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

and if you use a star cannon 85.6 %
Eh, nah. The starcannon is a megaweapon, not a joke. (so far)

Now, here's two more, including the pride of my development process.

The Plasma Streamer (being fired), which is in no way what it seems from the picture........and the totally unique AWESOME CANNON (projectiles in flight).

Now just imagine what the last thing you see would be if you were a lone survivor in an EVA suit on that centauri base....
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ugh super awsome weapon is going to give me horrible bad dreams. they smile so screepily
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ttech wrote:ugh super awsome weapon is going to give me horrible bad dreams. they smile so screepily
It gets worse. They're tracking.

That's right. They won't stop following you....
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:
Ttech wrote:ugh super awsome weapon is going to give me horrible bad dreams. they smile so screepily

Have you ever gone to a psychiatrist? They would be very interested to talk to you...
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ThePrivateer wrote:
Shrike wrote:

Have you ever gone to a psychiatrist? They would be very interested to talk to you...
Nope. Quite a few psychologists though. :D

You haven't even seen the really evil things yet.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

yeah i have a pretty good idea of what "it turned into a [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE] class [CENSORED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUSPENSE]," is :D 8-)

oh and if you need help making that weapon ;)

(Edit)
Woot my 250th post!!!!
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Help would be useful.

I'm also not exactly sure what it'll turn into, I had a slight change of idea...

(Incidentally, can you do a ship with only one facing? I'm thinking about trying one...)