The Syrtian War - Mod

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I had imagined the "body" to be way smaller, More in equal proportion to the "head". But like I said, I consider Prophet to be art director :D
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

EDITTED, again...

We were discussing the cursor ship and were hoping for a few small changes.

Can you make the body thicker and smooth it to a perfect circle? Then add some kind of texture or colour to show the front of the ship?
Last edited by Prophet on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

image is broken prophet.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PROGRESS UPDATE
* Dockscreens are being fleshed out
* research tree is being expanded
* adding barricades
* redesign of ore gathering mechanics for better scaling
* streamline of the HUD complete (stripped out unused elements)
* simplified construction mechanics

The core game coding is going very well, a few more days to a week (depending on RL) and the basic elements should be in a useable state. Extrapolating them for variants will be easy and a playable alpha version should be available soon...

In the meantime, anyone that deems themselves to be creative is encouraged to post some ideas for missions with the following restrictions:
* the player is not piloting a ship and can only interact with the enemy indirectly (This is a turret defense game)
* The campaign takes place in the sol system, only. Not the entire system, just small chunks. The first level is just Earth, Luna and the Trojan asteroids.
* You must follow established lore, browse through some of the previous posts for some great ideas!
* we reserve the right to change/add/modify anything from your original idea to fit as we see fit, you will still be given credit for the ideas regardless.

We need storyline to span 8 years worth of Transcendence history, condensed down into 8-12 missions, but if we get more ideas we will certainly try to fit them in!
Stay tuned for updates!
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

How about a mission where the Syrtians are just attacking; as you don't interact, you observe the massacre of Earth Forces. Not really a mission, but a good tutorial. You help by protecting small groups of ships as they regroup.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
skaianDestiny
Miner
Miner

Here's an idea for some missions:

You have to build defenses along a vital trade route. You were able to salvage some ships to help guard (about 2-3, maybe Ronin/a or some other lower-level ship). If you lose too many freighters (about 3-5) you lose the mission.

The Syrtians are planning another attack on Earth. You would need to soften up the attacking forces for the main defenses orbiting Earth. If too many ships get through, you lose.

You must protect the miners and mining stations on the asteroid belt from Syrtian raids. The miners must be able to mine at least 300 tons of ore (number can be changed). You can use some of the resources the miners recover to defend. If too many miners are destroyed (about 5-8) or too many mining stations are destroyed (1-2), you lose.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

That could be a way to get extra resources: you set up a mining base near an asteroid. It creates borers (or a primitive version) and so the closer it is, the shorter the travel time, and the more resources you get :D
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Can you make the body thicker and smooth it to a perfect circle? Then add some kind of texture or colour to show the front of the ship?
ok, thicker, it's a circle now, and it has a texture in the front
What do you think ?

Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I love the red decal, very awesome!

Could you try removing the ribbing at the front to make the texture more prominant?
Stay tuned for updates!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Prophet wrote:I love the red decal, very awesome!
thanks, homemade texture :D
Could you try removing the ribbing at the front to make the texture more prominant?
sure

some solutions:

as I see it, the only problem is that the texture becomes smudged and blurred on a 50x50 pixels ship :P
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

A blood splattered cursor... I love it! XD

It looks and works great ingame... thx!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

so, it looks like there are 2 more things to do to nail down that you posted:
Large image for the ship selections screen - there's only one option, but we're using the wolfen image right now.
animated cargo crate - everything begins as a cargo crate; our construction module. You then designate it to be built into a station which takes some time. IF the cargo crate could have some kind of animation showing that it's becoming something else, that would be awesome.
I have an idea for the animated cargo crate, but we can put anything as a ship selection screen, not necessarily the cursor ship. Any request in particular for that ?

We probably need some commonwealth textured turrets, as the ares turret really is inappropriate to defend earth against syrtians :P
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

tenhove sentinels? (the image I mean)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wolfy wrote:tenhove sentinels? (the image I mean)
Or the outlaw turrets?
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Commonwealth colony turrets? Nice and simple?