new carrier ship mod

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

hey, as you now from my shipyards post i am working on another mod of the same thing, what i really need from more experienced modders( if at all possible) are these few things:
1. codeing for the centurions to appear slowly from the late early systems all the way towards point juno.
2. codeing for the ability to manufacture all weapons into some thing like the katanas on the aquila.( independantly omnidirectional, with dual mode) the player must have sufficient credits to manufacture weapon Y.

thanks.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I do not know......I never actually tested this : but I was going to try to put a store on my ship.
( I keep forgetting to finish it, it needs more items for sale ( devices ) maybe fuel),
If you can use , use it: If it actually works for anyone
Rock On.
My Unids in this are off my personal game testing items ( so they will have no chance of duplicating )
http://paste.neurohack.com/view/YdrKK/
the wingmen did work : but they had different shields and weapons when I was testing them in another idea
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

OK: i ran this store idea in 1.01 : it needs a different screen call set up:
the screens in the store are not for 1.01 :)
However they work fine in 1.05 : but the items needs to put into the store: I think I put them in the wrong part of the .xml : simple fix on that but it does work in 1.05: did not include a dock service feature: that would be G.O.D mode and I don't like to do those.
Included in that link are AFS wingmen : they originally had the Dakota Cannon but with anything with a longer reach= getting shot in the back: so do be mindful of the weapons you give wingmen.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

1. codeing for the centurions to appear slowly from the late early systems all the way towards point juno.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here.
What do you want the centurions to do?
Should they be around CW stations? or wandering the system in small groups?
More info is required to determine the best way to achieve this.
2. codeing for the ability to manufacture all weapons into some thing like the katanas on the aquila.( independantly omnidirectional, with dual mode) the player must have sufficient credits to manufacture weapon Y.
Again, we need more details on how you want this to work.
For the manufacturing aspect, will it be done in a dockscreen? accessed from an item?
As for the final weapon; a multi-target omni weapon (like the IM90) is very easy to code. Placing multiple weapons on the playership and having them all fire simultaneously and independently is not possible.

Drop by IRC if you can. It's much easier to collaborate there.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I was thinking of something like (when the playership enters a certian system) 'we have recieved information that centurion xyz is interested in joining our cause, meet him at station abc if you want to hire him.'

centurions are either stock ships with minor upgrades to sheilds and/or armour. Or completely revamped ships in early or late systems.

Or what could happen is that you meet the pilot at station x and he challenges you to battle his droid wingmen to see he you are worthy enough.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c: