AI-Controlled Ships

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Mikho
Anarchist
Anarchist

This may be in the wrong place or misleading, if so, my apologies. My concept is that of a AI of some sort( neural network, virtual intelligence, etc.) in direct control of the playership. I drew some inspiration for this concept from the Halo universe. Smart AIs like Cortana have a lifespan of 7 yrs. before thinking themselves to death and have no limits placed on the expansion of their knowledge. Dumb AIs have an indefinite lifespan, but are limited to specialization in a few areas only. Either mods could be made with Smart AIs which basically act as a companion character talking things over with the player and helping stave off boredom, or with Dumb AIs, who run all or some functions of the playership automatically or as commanded to. My reason for requesting these mods is that after having read the thread on capital ships in Part II(http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... f=2&t=4188) I realized AI could solve a great many problems, possibly cause many, and was somewhat neglected. TotalVUI, ShipCentralComputer are the only ones I could find on Xelerus that come close to my concept. I should mention I am an incorrigible godmod user who hasn't played a vanilla game since the moment I figured out how to use mods. My rationale is that for me exploration of the universe is more important than winning since Transcendence is a single-player game and cheating is impossible as there are no other real-universe people to be harmed and complain. However, I am not a modder, lacking both skill and motivation, and have great respect and thanks for all modders. To sum up, I am requesting AI mods which directly control all or some aspects of the playership, no matter how large, powerful, or energy-intensive, and are official extensions if possible, as I am worried about the future of godmods in Part II even as I eagerly await it. Having such mods will allow players to fly any playership they want w/out requiring crew. I thank you for your time and effort.
Flying zombie monkeys+Commonwealth militia+coffee drunk while sitting in my customized, personalized Iocrym Battle Pod (God version)=one exciting day for a member of the Sindikat.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

To sum up, I am requesting AI mods which directly control all or some aspects of the playership
List the aspects you want controlled, and be very detailed please! :D
I'll do it, as I'm working on Carrier AI and such.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

This mod refuels you automatically. It's for 1.03, but it should work for 1.06a. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Mikho
Anarchist
Anarchist

@Drako Slyith: yes, but integrated with other features in a godmod.
@RPC: Much like PM's Godmode. Fuel: Commands to refuel, spawn fuel, refuel without needing fuel rods, enhance. Weapons: Commands to install, repair, remove, target, fire, enhance. Shields: Commands to install, remove, repair, reboot using B button function, enhance. Reactor: Commands to install, repair, remove, enhance. Armor: Install, repair, remove, enhance. As I write this, I realize my specific request is more for someone to re-mod PM's Godmode with an AI being commanded to handle all functions as needed. A chatbot style AI with a set personality type and freeform dialogue who is given orders via keyboard shortcuts as in PM's Godmode, but responds to your orders and actions according to his or her personality,(ie. "You destroyed a Huari temple! How evil!)
Sorry if this is still too vague, I'm refining the concept as questions are asked, so ask more if I am not explaining well. The G.O.D. mod of Alterecco's would be another great candidate for rebuilding along these lines, but would be much more work. This project looks bigger the more I think about it, so many thanks for attempting it and luck to you! Again, if I failed to fully answer your questions, rephrase and repeat until I get it right, I'll keep trying.
Flying zombie monkeys+Commonwealth militia+coffee drunk while sitting in my customized, personalized Iocrym Battle Pod (God version)=one exciting day for a member of the Sindikat.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was Katami XD
Go onto IRC and talk to him.

I'm just wondering, but what will be the difference between this new AI and Alterecco's GODmod?
Will there be something of a cost to use this AI? Like a lifetime timer or something?
I was thinking over the fact that this AI will take over various aspects of the ship (maybe toss in a few PD and secondary weapons? :D), but I feel that AI's can do a lot more than install, remove, repair, enhance (and maybe make the player buy the equipment for the AI to do all the installing, removing, repairing, and enhancing to explain how the playership can do all that?)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.