hard facts question

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

often we like to use modified ships:
However, Most ship work that has been done was done.

However, the game does not start you off building or buying your ship so it is reasonable to assume you reached Eridani by some means other then pushing a button in your life.

My question is: How much modification to existing ships, like the standard player ship is acceptable before it crosses the line of modification and goes into " new ship " or reaches into "been done".

Now like, a wolfen, modified to carry at least one system map and a few extra rods..no change to weapons, etc.
the Sapphire : same
the Freighter..I would probably want a Bolide style of weapon .

thoughts? the Rogue Command it at about 500KB so they would not be going into it but I was wanting to explore the question before i took on Corporate Contracts again ( I have to nerf the hostiles as I am doing in Rogue ).

I do not think ill actually do any modifications for anything current, but i wanted to ask anyway.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I'd like to toss a rule of thumb that I use:
more script = new and hasn't been done before.
more XML = been done.
The XML doesn't apply to weapons as much though; there are still more weapons to create and discover!
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You could assume you lived at Starton and bought the ship there, is is the second commonwealth system in the game. Not sure on your other question though.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

...oh no. That's the reason why I hated playing Galaxy On-line II. Too much hassle. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! :roll:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:...oh no. That's the reason why I hated playing Galaxy On-line II. Too much hassle. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! :roll:
LOL
it is kind of Lame compared to T

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok: decided: my test ship for Rogue Command is the EI400 : mass= 400 but flies like a Wolfen without the weakness of thin Armor limits.

this ship will be armed with a blaster ( Bolide ), mining laser and Morgan LTD's Freighter coil shield ( 50 HP ) so long as your shooting more then taking hits the coils in the cargo can last a few systems if you avoid the conflicts between Fleet and Rogues.
The "Fleet" ships in this new version have one mission: kill the Rogue Fleet. sometimes they do......
the ships fire Tev9 + Katana weapons, the patrols fire a Ion disruptor with Morgan LTD missiles.
when they get at it : they get at it for keeps, nobody leaves until somebody wins : the ships will retreat, but come back after each other.
AND......winner takes all, they hunt their enemy after polishing off the first encounter, being as they actually do not attack the stations calling the ships the fights can go on for as long as your in the system. And when its " over" it just means you got a break: both sides will send more ships and the hunt is back on.

================================
The testing of the shields and weapons used on my freighter is done: they are good for a start and you can go pretty far with them so long as the Pirates go easy on you :)
However : the Carriers do not understand " easy" do be warned that stray shots can kill you :)
the freighter test ship wil not be in the Adventure, the external mining laser and other stuff will remain : the reason i will not include the ship is because, while nice for my fly style, it was just for testing without my cruiser.