My first ship

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Keedo420
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ttech wrote:That ship does not look too bad, it kinda looks like a stealth ship - something that would hunt you down.ß
If it's going to be a stealth ship, it should be renamed the Naruto-class. I hope I don't have to explain that joke. ;)
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Naruto? Same as those in cheap freeze-dried Ramen?! Is that Steins;Gate's choice?!
Has resurfaced!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Keedo420 wrote:
Ttech wrote:That ship does not look too bad, it kinda looks like a stealth ship - something that would hunt you down.ß
If it's going to be a stealth ship, it should be renamed the Naruto-class. I hope I don't have to explain that joke. ;)
This is the Internet. Of course you have to explain the joke.

You know the Pirate Ninja meme? Ninjas are subtle. Pirates are brash. Ninjas are quiet. Pirates are loud. Ninjas are masters of disguise. Pirates are flamboyant and obvious.

Okay. Now imagine a world that calls Pirates Ninja. Except they're Japanese themed magical pirates. That world is the world in which Naruto lives. He likes orange and thinks he's a ninja. That's really all you need to know.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Keedo420
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well thanks for saving me the trouble of explaining that. :wink:
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:Except they're Japanese themed magical pirates. That world is the world in which Naruto lives. He likes orange and thinks he's a ninja.
Wow, you lost me there! XD
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Let's not hijack autohummer's thread here guys :P
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:Let's not hijack autohummer's thread here guys :P
ohh yess......"That world is the world in which Naruto lives" I used to do answers on blurtit and yahoo, etc and once i was asked about this wonderful world: it took me hours of research and in the end : that can become a VERY DEEP subject, and a sad one because if I remember right ....NVM..that is Not what you want to go into :)

However: i do agree that from the start i had the impression this ship, The Tabinka? spell that right? , anyway, I had the impression it would be a Formidable ship and that was just in image alone : the larger, primary ship would make a great ship in the fleets for Oracus or Domina....If they actually had fleets.....but that is how much i like this ship and appreciate the work that brought it to us.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hm.... If the orange bit is really bothering, I may try making an up-gunned, gunmetal black version.

The orange colour has a backstory, though:

In reality: I am not ninja. I hate pirates. I shoot pirates with missiles. But I do like orange. A lot. Full stop.

In universe (?):

Only the ASDF (People who employ the Tabinka Class BB) uses orange as their primary colour, due to orange being the colour of an ancient god of aerial combat, and, even not being particularly religious, they adopted this colour for the sake of luck and tradition (All previous Morellian aerial fighting forces used the colour orange).

The Federal Republic of Moreillia (People who fund the ASDF) uses azure as their national colour ("Morellia" in an ancient tongue means "Clear, chilly, azure sky").

The name "Tabinka" suddenly popped into my head one day when doing the 2D sketches of this ship. I think it may be a warped version of "Kubinka", where the Russian tank museum is.
Has resurfaced!
Keedo420
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, the orange is (to my eye at least) the same color used on the freighters, so you could make several versions with different colors (or shades of orange)/sizes for different purposes (using the color to help identify the ship's role like the color of Starfleet uniforms 8-) ). In Star Trek, for example, there were two types of Klingon Bird-Of-Prey's, but they were both visually identical except in size.

Also....Naruto.....
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What I'd like to see is a downscaled version. It looks very fightery with fixed axis somethings on wingtips. There's room for oversized fighters in a space setting, but cruiser sized is pushing it. That's bigger than a Corporate Cruiser, which is probably cruise liner sized.
Literally is the new Figuratively
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Naruto consists of D&D style wizards (or sorcerers) pretending to be ninjas.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

i like it, i like the orange hue and the shape, it reminds me of other capital ships in Transcendence, like the corporate cruiser.