[Very wip] Weapons Lab!

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Transgeek had an idea about recycling weapons and building custom weapons with the general plan of
Weapons -> Parts | Parts -> Weapons
i spent half the day coding a very very messy Working version of it, that allows you to do
vanilla weapon -> Parts
Parts -> vanilla weapon
Parts -> custom weapon
so far, we break a weapon down into about 5 parts

Code: Select all

(&itAresPlasmaCannon; 1	    &itstaticmount; 1	   &itplasmabody; 2     &itcontrolunit; 1  &itsinglefire; 1        &itlvlsevendmg; 1)
vanilla weapon name         mount used to build     main body of weapon   fire control        configuration            amount of damage
                                                                    (blast chamber)          (no use atm)   single dual spread3 etc   

stored in static data, basically the same as the tinkers atm, hopefully i will be able to make it cleaner over the next few weeks/months till its in a state where i can put it on xelerus

atm, its irc release only ;)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Sounds very promising. I guess you needed a new challenge after pwning the cheat code scripting :twisted:

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

update! (for the few who read this)
its slowly improving, there are now 3 types of weapon mount (fixed turreted and multi-target turreted) , 2 fire types (dual and single), 2 main weapon bodies (they control damage type, fire rate and effect atm), 4 damage levels, 5 additional damage things (they add special damage, eg: mining rad emp shield and WMD (WMD only till i find a better way to add it, or find that its good there)),
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sdw195 wrote:update! (for the few who read this)
its slowly improving, there are now 3 types of weapon mount (fixed turreted and multi-target turreted) , 2 fire types (dual and single), 2 main weapon bodies (they control damage type, fire rate and effect atm), 4 damage levels, 5 additional damage things (they add special damage, eg: mining rad emp shield and WMD (WMD only till i find a better way to add it, or find that its good there)),
Fixed turret would be the same as a straight shooter? unless you mean " fixed" as in an angle : only shoots 30 degrees off port........

Kind of brings to mind RPC's Katana : loved it but I am picky about weapons, I like accurate, I like strong :
but I LOZVE " easy to manage " weapons.
=====
right now I am using a Smart Cannon, I usually do not on most ships I fly but this time I am ( I said i would get a high score in my Miner : the Smart Cannon is the way to survive in a Miner until after you hit STK : I should know, I am a Miner :) and it's my ship :) the turning is sort of a dump truck, very slow ship : But I have yet to buy ammunition for it and I have several hundred.).

Now if say : the Akan : that is a weapon you have to seriously manage.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

fixed == forward facing only
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

for the people reading this, I come bearing a status update!

we now have more dynamic damage, wmd is included in any weapon higher than level 2, you can add special damage eg. mining, emp, shield, device distrupt, radiation to any weapon as long as you have the damage module :D. I might have worked out a semi random fire rate calculation, but it should work, I need to work on life time tomorrow,
and add more weapons/parts,