Light carrier

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
LordSutekh
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I came up with the idea for a light CSC a while back, a Commonwealth Light Carrier, or CLC if you will. Inspired by the Sepoy during the British Raj, I did an eastern version of it. I'm showing off a bit, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I also did a fighter to fly around it.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

:o That thing is BOSS man, it looks like it kicks ass.
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Cool carrier. What tool did you use?

The fighter looks somewhat crab-like, I don't know if the style fits, though. You may want to shrink them when you render for actual in-game use, otherwise it may be too large to be a fighter.

I hope you'll expand on the Sepoy theme and give these ships a backstory. It has good potential to make something interesting out of this.
Has resurfaced!
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

NICE. Mind if I use it with your permission? (I'll put you in the credits of course ;) )
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
LordSutekh
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I use Blender with Gimp for a little post-processing. Oh, and Photoscape to stitch the rotations together. The fighter is actually meant to be Centurion-sized and looks less crab-like (I hope) at lower resolutions. I just posted one of the raw .pngs
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

woah! wonderful renders ! :)
Did you use George's models for building those or did you do everything by scratch ?
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

:O That looks amazing! The fighter looks very drone like though, is it intended to be a super auton or robotic gunship?
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

if you have read about my up and coming mod, TCE, then you will know that I am "reqruiting" people to help. So I am requesting, simply, if I have permission to use this and any other ships you have/will make. I dont want to put any pressure on you, but the carier is absolutely amazing and I need ships.
LordSutekh
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

When I finally release it, feel free to use it in your own mods. I compared it to the original model to make sure the proportions were the same, but everything (even the engines) are scratch built. The fighter looks a little weird right now because it's way to big compared to the carrier, but it's supposed to be like a Centurion.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Awesome, thanks. BTW You had better make more aewsome looking, kick-ass stuff like this, or imma bite! *chihuahua bark*
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

everything (even the engines) are scratch built.
woah!
you got a real talent there ! :)