Before getting bogged down by real life, I was able to create a working development version of my mod that implemented Raptor's credit system, which automatically adds credits to your ship whenever you destroy something, as well as rudimentary recreations of all the weapons in the original game. Although I uploaded this version onto the shared Transcendence Dropbox folder, I opted not to upload it to Xelerus.de because I felt it was still too early in the development stage for me to do so.
As it happens, in recent weeks, I have been held up less by real life, so I was able to resume development of my mod at a comfortable but slow pace. It was when I had mostly finished my graphical touches to the Raptor Supertech Fighter that IronParrot, via IRC, indirectly convinced me that I should upload it onto Xelerus, so I have.
You can get the current WIP here. As I mentioned above, this mod is in a very early development stage, so many features I'm hoping to implement have not been...err, implemented. The weapons may not be balanced as well. What HAS been done (as of the time of this post) is this:
- The Raptor jet is mostly finalised. It has 1 armour segment and can support up to 20 devices/weapons (the original Raptor can hold up to 19 weapons/utilities, so an extra device slot was added for a shield generator).
- All the weapons from the original have been ported and are at varying stages of completion. Their levels and damage are determined by their original price relative to Transcendence's price system; the most basic weapon, the MG21C Reaver Twin Machine Guns, is Level VI, and the most powerful weapon, the Twin Laser, is Level XI.
- A loose replica of the original game's credit system has been implemented. Destroying any ship or station will add credits to your ship based on how strong they are.
- The Raptor should have an unobtainable armour segment that functions like the original's regular shields, repairing itself slowly over time when the player is not firing weapons
- The Raptor should have a reactor that cannot be refuelled, instead refuelling itself when the player is not firing any weapons
- The player should lose a weapon whenever their ship takes a direct hit at 15% armor or less.
- A sound event whenever the player switches weapons
- The Energy Module should recharge 25 points of armour or 10 points of shielding
- The Pulse Cannon's projectiles need to be coded to resemble the original game's Pulse Cannon projectiles more closely
- The Phase Shield needs to be both a non-recharging shield generator with 500 hitpoints AND a usable item that recharges 100 hitpoints if the player already has a Phase Shield installed
- The Ion Scanner should ideally show a small health bar of any sufficiently large vessel
- HUD elements
- Both the Auto-Track Mini-Gun and Laser Turret must be slaved to fire ONLY when a target is within a specific distance
- Using a sovereign, make the player hostile to everyone except the Sisters of Domina, Ringers and Teratons
- Create special stations which are the only places all items added through this mod are sold