Some mod ideas

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd like to see an adventure extension that adds mini bosses along the way to Heretic. They could be random or otherwise, they could be standing in our way to the core or guarding special systems in a branch off the main gates line(For example the special Charon sector in The Network.) Story-wise, they could be Iocrym drones sent to investigate human activities and/or destroy suspicious threats, or rabid experimental bioship from the Ares, or maybe space octopus. I don't have the ability and patience required for a mod like this, but I wish someone can make it. :P

Also, is it possible to add systems past Heretic via mods? We can make our own version of post-Heretic events. If not, maybe we can make a copy of Heretic in the middle of the topology, and find some way to skip the real Heretic, so that it would be like we really got past Heretic and not just a copy. :?
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yes, we can add post Heretic content as a mod. All it takes is somebody to do it.
Problem is all the art/story/sound/dockscreens are built from scratch and that's kinda hard D:
Give me a list of mini bosses, stats and stuff and I might be able to do some Saturday.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Well, the mini bosses idea is vague. I haven't actually thought of any bosses myself, since I don't know if it would be balanced. But it'd be easier if we just use a modified version of the ships already present in the game, like an underrated Ranx Dreadnought for early systems boss, or a swarm of plasma-shooting Centauri Raiders guarding a stargate in the later systems. Or maybe an Iocrym-like ship that is weaker than a sentinel, like an Iocrym Scout, for example. Some of the bosses may use bullet hell too, for greater excitement. And the bosses' equipment should be custom made, so we can get unique drops from them.

Also, consider making it as an Adventure Extension, and have some of the bosses guard branches of systems.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ahh. Finally, Transcendence will sound more like an RPG(not the rocket-propelled grenade, I meant Role Playing Game).
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I breifly suggested an alternate system topology in the Mothership Mod Thread I even have a drawing of it hanging around somewhere... the storyline/topology involves several large battles and bossfights
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Also, maybe make some mini bosses as random encounters like the Worldship, only that it'll happen only once.