Slavager, carrier and bounty hunting.

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
bluemako
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi guys!

I'm thinking of putting in a few mods (a modpack once I get around coding everything)

A couple of ships:
*a salvager - well this would be a fast small/mid ship balanced out for combat, mining and salvaging. I've been trying to balance things out in terms of original weaponry and devices, as it should be that the initial equipment would be able to get you through the first few systems and not that overpowered.

*a light carrier - i liked the idea of Darth Saber's battlestar galactica mod, Transcendentgeek's recycler and PM's fighter bay, so i want to build a mod somewhere along this line. the one thing i would like is to put here is a sort of combination (or if you guys would collaborate for this :D ) of the elements in these mods. The carrier would have an installed fighter's dock, the dock would be able to create and repair fighters, interceptors and bombers limited to, say, 8? at the cost of scrap/recycled parts, fuel, etc. even better yet if PM's Player Ship Drone system would be incorporated as well (for outfitting the ships), but it may also prove too complex so scrap/recycled mats may do. The carrier itself may move a little slower, but i think faster than galactica's current would be nice. of course, Transcendentgeek and WillyTheSquid's mining mod where ores can be smelt can provide the necessary mats for the ship build.

*streak missile packs (disposable or reloadable) ala battletech...i've posted a coding question regarding this ( http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5902 )

*i've read about a bounty system, it would be nice if that were built (putting a bandit leader in carbonfreeze and the transporting them to corp/military facilities for rewards) or similar spawns like Arco Vaughn (random though).
new concept: the carbon freeze option would only appear if you have the necessary device, a tank of a required mat like the hydrocarbons. or just simply put the prisoner in a holding cell in your ship (but 50-60% chance escaping when docked to a station ala Sid Meyer's Pirates).

*laser streams, and some new dockscreens for the mods above.

I'll try getting around coding those once I learn enough of the trans functions, but you guys can go ahead if you think/feel you can start it off as I'm new to trans :D

Thanks!
"Fortune favors the Brave!"
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

You also might want to look at this:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1164
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
bluemako
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks RPC, downloaded and looks pretty neat. I'll try it out later :D
"Fortune favors the Brave!"