Need ideas for where to take this megaproject

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Maybe if you could make a virtual set of armor on top of the ship, and make it the shields.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the_Butler wrote:Shields

In my game I have 2 classifications of shields-

A shield is actually a group of shields, right, left, from, and back. You can divert a small amount of energy from the next closest shield to reinforce one that is being pounded, but you risk leaving the weakened sides exposed. They take damage on a 1to1 basis but higher tech levels can ablate damage better.
I don't believe a practical interface for such a shield array is practical at this time, but directional shields are possible and I believe the underlying engine supports multiple shields.
Literally is the new Figuratively
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Atarlost wrote:
I don't believe a practical interface for such a shield array is practical at this time, but directional shields are possible and I believe the underlying engine supports multiple shields.
It does??
could you possibly provide a proof of concept modship with multiple shields?
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FourFire wrote:
Atarlost wrote:
It does??
could you possibly provide a proof of concept modship with multiple shields?
Unfortunately, no. It's something I remember second hand from a while back. NPCs with two shields listed in the xml were reported to work. Unfortunately the search function won't take literal strings and considers "shields" too common a term to be worth searching for.
Literally is the new Figuratively
the_Butler
Miner
Miner

sun1404 wrote:I believe both kind of shields you spoken of is possible, though the first might need to be implemented as armors. They're very interesting, and I might make variants of them if you don't mind. :D
Use whatever you want--

If anyone sees anything from my game that inspires them you're more than welcome to use it. I'm never going to be able to finish it now, it was slow going to begin with but now I just can't keep a cohesive line of thought long enough to even edit the html.

http://talesfromspace.tripod.com

I kinda figured that being able to instantly reroute power to a shield facing might be exceptionally hard to do in TRans, maybe hot-keying it might make it easier. A lot of the ideaas I present in my game info was meant for a PnP and MMO environment. (PnP means pen and paper, you know table top gaming)

Me personally I use the arrow keys to control my ship, if you could key-bind the home, end, delete, and page down to the front, back, left and right facings respectively then you could just reach up and start pounding on the respective button to pull power from the closest shield factings to the one that needs it. To reset them maybe hit the insert button. Of course you'd have to deal with regen after that.

It seems there was a shield mod that already worked like the "field" idea but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. HOnestly though I might just be confused.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Updates on the thing please! :mrgreen:
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I think I added better station spawns two weeks ago and defined sovereign capitals but the formula needs refinement. Also school started so won't be updating anytime soon. I also need to learn github so yeah.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

If you want to take a look at it now:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/05wfpo5u19664es/vYs7xUlPq7
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Been waiting so long for an update...