Jay2Jay's Mods

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ambitious project. I like the storyline progression... Would be interesting to see how the 'feel' of the game in a new era would be. Hit that metaplot, I'm feelin' it.

if you need items, or new graphics, I can pledge some support.

Additionally, still kicking around somewhere on my disk is the ArmorPack, which includes about ~1300 rebalanced armors (I crunched the numbers in Excel, this was in 1.08c though). They come in ultralight, light, medium, heavy, superheavy and massive varieties. They fit in with the new resources available in MP1.04/MP1.5alpha, though I've not updated them to work with the new Tinker system. All these armors include new graphics to fit in with the ores/ingots they are made from, based on SiaFu's original work.

I have something similar for shields and reactors already done.

If you want to use all or part of that, feel free. Just drop me a line on IRC. I don't think I'll be able to rope TransGeek back in anytime soon... We'll see how it fares.

Talk soon on IRC, social life calls me right now. I'm definitely following this project after what I've read so far.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'd also talk to Wolfy. There's New Fleet stuff for the CW and Ares and at least the resources could possibly be useful to you. I don't think they're in the library yet, but he has the images and might rush libraryizing them if someone else needs them.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

WillyTheSquid and Atarlost support my mod idea!

Anyway, I think I will talk to Wolfy. He seems like an artist as far as graphics go, so he should be throwing out a lot of older stuff as his skill increases. I know that when I draw something then see it a year later I'm like "I thought that looked good? Man was I blind?"

I shall also update this topic with some more lore. I had just decided to post some lore off the top of my head from that other post, so I may change some stuff around. I tend to work a bit chaotically, so I may post and say something happened, then decide it didn't a few minutes later.