Shrike's Auton Overhaul

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Progress on next alpha:

-Conny/C now starts with a targeting ROM, but reduced fuel.
-Currently testing whether autons work well with friendly fire disabled.

Progress on testing: I've found that it is indeed possible to beat the Arena entirely using autons. It takes quite a lot of them however. There's also an interesting bug that crops up that I'll be reporting once I've nailed it down a little....plus some AI derps that are interesting. I'm sick right now, so no big writing jobs just yet. Next update will have pictures.

I've also found that an auton swarm remains the easiest way to grind XP and score in the early game: Simply find a gate where reinforcements are headed to a frigate and set your swarm to camp. With the right weapons load you can rack up 700+ kills in a matter of minutes.

Also: Anton Nasser is pure death to autons. Stray howitzer rounds won't one-shot autons unless they get a lucky crit, but they WILL kill in two shots, or if an auton is damaged or has a degraded shield.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'll be attempting to bring out a new auton overhaul once my exams are over, to reduce the level of difference between the revised autons and the 1.3 standard ones. It'll take a while though. If anyone would like to team up on this mod, I could really use a hand.....TransLisp is completely opaque to me.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.