Interior ( drawing board name )

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have been actually "on this" for a year because I can never seem to make progress in what I wanted to do and take time away from it ( and a good excuse also is the game keeps changing).

I like the latest version : but I am back to square one with Abandon ( now called Interior ).

the reason I changed the name was because of a Post about <Interior> and to remind me that I have no idea what "Interior Damage" is or how you repair it

When you mention working on the Ship's interior to me I think you want to decorate your cabin.

Anyway, In Interior I want to bring back a few of my best , not so Bad Ideas like the Corporate Recovery Missions : I see they do not affect Corporate Command and the Residential section of Corporate is useless to the player anyway.

I want to bring back my Assembler's Service & Shipping company and this time let the player actually be able to get in on the action - EXCEPT, the company is Automated, they are the Luminous Drones that were not corrupted , and they have no money : which is the biggest Hold - up on that part because I don't want another ShootEm up and I don't want it to be just another over-load of Loot for the player.

So exactly what the Drones will offer the player has been the question I have been avoiding.

Also : I AGAIN had to play with the Korolov codes : I think Korolov's ghost knows when I am playing around with a Bad Idea about a shipping company and just totally does screwy things to trip me up..

Other that those two big points.....mmm...I think that I want it to play along-side Corporate Command and so far nothing gets in the way....but I am sure not finished yet. :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd love to hear more about it...
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ok :)

Well, I am still travelling in America ( big place ). So I try to work on Interior as much as I can because - well, it is not that simple.

See, it is NOT an adventure....at least, I don't think it needs to be one ( yet )

Anyway, I got Eridani sort of ready....next is the rest of the universe - to be sure what Interior adds is working properly.

I have spent alot of time with my under-funded friends, the Centauri. I have souped them up ( but that happens AFTER your not really interested in them anymore )
Killing Arco is a GREAT thing :)

Arco is NOT present in the system until you reached the point where you are actually ready for the mission to go kill him.
I ALWAYS hated that he was there, and I usually was too busy Mining to remember to go kill him before he gets himself killed trying to hunt me....So I always wanted to pull him out and bring him back only when I was in the Killing Mood.
(***when you are ready - as in you met the requirements to activate the mission -
NOBODY will really help you, so don't bother trying to bring Arco to the stations for help killing him. )

YOU MIGHT be offered a peace treaty with the Centauri -----MIGHT, it is set to not offer you one if the conditions are not right, but IF you do things the way I think you would - you will be offered the peace treaty - but it CAN be broken, and it will not be offered a second time.

should you get peace with the raiders, not all raiders will be peaceful ( station defenders chasing you or trying to scare you away before Peace is made will not stop. Some Raiders will be loyal to Arco, even in death and still shoot at you, but by that time you will be too strong to care.

I would appreciate it if anyone has a copy of The Auviq ( snow and Ice ) - Mine is on a desktop hard drive - but I do not have a desktop with me - could you post it so I can get a copy on this computer ?
YES, I know the Auviq was not perfect - but it was more Idea then anything - and you all know my ideas are getting slightly better...
ok - nvm :) LOL

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well, well, Interior has been a surprise.

First thing I wanted to do recently is STOP the Peace Treaty from being broken so easily : I accidentally shot down a friendly ship with my Plasma ' 40 and broke the treaty......SOOO, I decided that if YOU did something like that you would not be happy with me for letting the treaty be broken so easily.....

Sooo, what I did was changed it up a tiny bit, I added a PlayerPayDebt : like the crime codes, it adds a debt to the player ship ( which you MUST pay ( HINT : do NOT go to a station with Customs if you owe, they will demand the credits. ).

the best thing is to sell whatever you got to get up the credits THEN dock a custom attrib station, pay off and go on your way.

I have adjusted the Centauri to have a working population : once Arco is dead you free them from slavery to that WarLord and a new Governor takes over. you can accept Peace with the Raiders ( does NOT interfere with the Mining Colony mission of the captured Borer because I changed the Sov of the kidnapping Raiders )

the Centauri have a Frigate now......they do not know exactly what to do with it yet, but they got one and it's pretty tough.
under the Peace agreement having the Centauri Frigate & ships to go to for help is a good thing if your ship is still a little on the weak side.

speaking of weak ships - the standard PlayerShip is a little weak against the Heavy Raiders - I never really noticed that before?
Sooo you will need to upgrade : I set the Slums to have "safe" missions for the player : that way you can earn credits to upgrade without much fighting and dying.

I tested the slum's code on multiple ships to be sure Mod ships can fit into the missions : the Teraton code for combatpower was working tooo well and targeting things that have nothing to do with your ability to survive a Heavy Raider...
So I tried and tried and finally, a "random act of stupid" actually worked.
So depending on your ship set up, if you trip the code, you get the weak ship missions ( L: 1-2 set up).
( I tested the code with the starlight, wolfen, EI Freighter, sapphire, Phobos and Giana Processor to see if it was working right)

Now are the missions kind of " done " after awhile ? yes, but if your ship is weak and you did not play along w/ Benedict to get profit from the tutorial......or the tutorial does not get you enough of what you might need to survive....I think that the missions are tolerable.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I REALLY thinkI told you FAR too much of Interior's Secrets:)

Anyway, to go back to the Centauri Frigate : it was built to help Protect the Centauri from Charon and other Pirates.
It is NOT a serious threat to the Player. the Centauri Heavy Raider is more Deadly to the Player then the Centauri Frigate.

Yes, I know it sounds Odd, but a STOCK Player ship is able to take Less from the Heavy Raider then it can the Frigate. AND the Frigate does NOT actively try to Kill the player : a Heavy Raider will shoot with the intent to Murder.

And then we go back to the other stuff : ok : so When you FIRST spawn into the Universe, you got the Sisters, you got , possibly, 2 Centauri Camps between you and StartOn..no problem : The Centauri Frigate CAN Spawn in SE ( 10% chance ) but like I said : the Frigate is NOT a Serious threat to the Player Ship : Normal station Defenders would attack the Frigate if it gets near StartOn anyway.
So, you don't have to do anything but collect the loot from the wreck :)

The Centauri ARE NOT stronger : we did that stuff before, it was not a good thing : BUT being better Funded will appear to have made them "stronger" .

MISSIONS!!!!!!!!!!! : yes, I have missions : what I have been working on in South Dakota is a Station Supply Mission :
see, going to the CSC and doing a " Humanitarian:" mission to a station is ...nice.. but WHY is a SHIP giving up its loot when a station would have MORE access to supplies then a CSC stranded out in the middle of nowhere ( which is basically where I usually find them )
BUT WHY IS IT ONLY THERE ?
Do not the other stations in the Universe need stuff sometimes ?

So, you get the mission from " station A" to go pick up stuff from someplace in the universe : when you get to that someplace, your given the loot to bring back to "Station A".......

Ahhh, you seen that , didn't you ? it was not a ONE WAY giving mission trip.....
Now, THIS entire thing sounds easy : and I am sure for somebody with better skills then I have, It would have been. BUT I had to figure it out because I thought I needed an extra step....turns out I did not. everything I required was already in place and my " extra step " was messing things up until I caught on.

---------------------
mmmmmmmm: PlayerPayDebt........yes, I am going back to that : basically it was an " out" for the crime code to simply fine the player and give the plaYER A CHANCE TO pay the fine instead of being punished for being poor.
However, my response to the entire thing was Harsh...So I am going back to it with a better set of options for the player.

See, like the Black Market Crime Costs, you would get hit with your debt on every turn......so I wanted to change that and give the player an " out " and I am on that now...battery is low: bye :)

StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Good luck!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

BACK HOME!!!

I have given up my Dreams of America and returned to Alaska......I am still tinkering with Interior : playing without my usual ship and just using STOCK ....OMG I think I forgot how to play this game!!!!!! LOL

The Heavy Raiders are more powerful then I remember them :) but it is good because they are supposed to be more dangerous then the Frigate I added :)

anyway. back to the notepad and dying stupid Noob Deaths because I am used to Playing with a slightly stronger shield at start ( not godly, just stronger )

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, Leave it to Stupid to think up a WreckType that can decide if your allowed to dock with it or not.

Actually it is a copy of my Corporate Wreck : but for some reason it will not let me dock with certain wrecks it is associated with.

BUT I actually think it is both funny and Productive because I made the wreck station to Prevent the player from getting a Loot over-load.
the ships in question with the WreckType are set up to be loaded with loot to sell to the stations ( nothing big, but if you looted the wrecks you would get tired and wealthy all in one system )

So it actually fixes the problem I created when I set the ships up with loot to begin with.

Of course it leaves the question of " will the Corporate Wreck decide you can not dock with it ?"

I do not know, I never had this happen....but the Corporate Wreck has never acted like the new wreck station.

I don't think....Walnuts!! : I think it is going screwy because of the wreck: not the wreck station......

Excuse me, I got some killin to do.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

OMG!, I feel like such a Moron trying to play and watch Interior that I keep getting myself killed by the Raiders ( of all things ).

NOT that the Raiders are stronger - I did not want to make them stronger, we all been down that road and it was a bad idea.

However, the Raiders are pretty powerful in themselves ( I actually over-wrote the stations to order Defenders ( IF you get them close enough to the station ) to 'gate on Destroy because they were just too aggressive toward the player, in my opinion and I do not want to be accused of killing players unless I Mean it :) )

Anyway, I have been working on adding missions & punishments for the player : I am sure you understand the many trials you have to go into to make sure JUST one mission is working properly.

For awhile My station with added missions was working Perfectly : I changed the mission and it still went smoothly : THEN I added one more mission....totally buggered it.

I feel like I totally owe it to players to actually build a GOOD idea..probably will not turn out that way, but I am trying.

Anyway, I am trying to work out variations on some missions, I am trying to pay attention to the fact that the Normal player is WEAK at the start of the game and I think that " training mission " stuff is a little deadly for SE.
the reason I say that is because the starting player has almost no defense against common Laser weapons.

Anyway I am trying to get Interior fixed up and rolled out before the next version :)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I had 3 computers go bonkers within a week.

TODAY I have a NEW ( to me ) OptiPlex. it was refurbished, but it seems able to do it's job.

Interior now seems very irrelevant after all this time and the new release of 1.5.

However, I am going to pull it apart and restart it. I want much of what is in it, but I was unable to work on it for so long it is total project to even think on it right now with 1.5 out.

So Interior will return to the drawing board of my notepad, just not quickly.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, without understanding how to turn Interior into an Adventure : each example I tried failed.

I do not understand why it is suddenly so complex.....but it's fine.

I will just go back to what I used to do : build things for myself.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

station over write idea - Mostly because I seriously hated the original..I wanted the colonist to DO SOMETHING..so I had them take back the station after you cause trouble outside :)

you will notice the <Buy> section - my traffic "buys and sells" ( even takes things a station doesn't sell and ( hopefully ) brings it to a station that will sell it ) so Here it was a thought to give the chance that the reward might get changed up a little..but it's not that important.

Code: Select all

<!-- Centauri Occupation 

EXTRA DATA

raidersSummoned:	Total count of raiders summoned
	-->

<StationType UNID="&stCentauriOccupation;"
			name=				"occupied Commonwealth colony"
			sovereign=			"&svCommonwealth;"
			dockScreen=			"Main"
			abandonedScreen=	"&dsAbandonedStation;"
			allowEnemyDocking=	"true"
			canAttack=			"true"
			noBlacklist=		"true"

multiHull=			"true"
			armorID=			"&itPlasteelPlate;"
			hitPoints=			"150"
			explosionType=		"&vtBlastExplosion3;"
			ejectaType=			"&vtWreckEjecta;"

attributes=			"commonwealth, enemy, envWater, envAvoidsEarth, occupation, human, populated"
			levelFrequency=		"uuv-- ----- ----- ----- -----"
			locationCriteria=	"+planetary,-asteroids"
			>

<Names noArticle="true">Arenius Colony; Baja Colony; Clearspace Station; Durin Colony;
				Earthnight Colony; Fairmoon Settlement; Greenfield Colony;
				Hector Colony; Ionfalls Colony; Jovian Clouds Settlement; Keller Station;
				Lama Colony; Murchenson Settlement; Nightfall Colony; Oort Settlement;
				Pallas Station; Queequeg Colony; Radiant Settlement; Star's End Station;
				Terra Ex Colony; Uriel Station; Venuslight Colony; Weathermoon Colony
		</Names>

<Image			imageID="&rsStations1;" imageX="256" imageY="256" imageWidth="128" imageHeight="128"/>

<Ships>
			<Ship count="1d4+1"	class="&scCentauriRaider;"	orders="guard"	sovereign="&svCentauriWarlords;"/>
		</Ships>
		<Items>
			<Table>
				<Item chance="90"	count="1d8" item="&itCentauriRice;"/>
				<Item chance="5"	count="3d6" item="&itNaturalPeriweed;"/>
				<Item chance="5"	count="1d6" item="&itHogeiSalmon;"/>
			</Table>
		</Items>
         <Trade currency="credit" max="25000" replenish="1250">
			<Buy	criteria="*NU +Lux; -Illegal;"	priceAdj="125"/>
			<Buy	criteria="*NU +Food; -Illegal;"	priceAdj="110"/>
			<Buy	criteria="*NU" item="&itStimuzine;"		priceAdj="110"/>
			<Buy	criteria="*NU" item="&itMedicalSupplies;"		priceAdj="110"/>
			<Buy	criteria="*NU" item="&itFrozenSupplies;"		priceAdj="110"/>
		</Trade>
		<Encounters frequency="uncommon">
			<Lookup table="&tbCentauriEncounters;"/>
		</Encounters>

<Events>

<OnCreate>
			(block Nil
				(sysAddObjRecurringTimerEvent 451 gSource "OnTimer")

; Register events for when subordinates are destroyed
				(enum (sysFindObject gSource "sA O:guard;") tObj
					(objRegisterForEvents gSource tObj)
					)
					)
			</OnCreate>

<OnTimer>
				(block (arcoVaughnStatus)
					(setq arcoVaughnStatus (typGetGlobalData &scArcoVaughnHeavyRaider; "status"))
					(switch
						; If Arco vaughn is destroyed, then some commonwealth ships show up
						(and (eq arcoVaughnStatus 'destroyed)
								(ls (count (staGetSubordinates gSource)) 3))
							(block (theShip targets)
								(setq theShip 
									(sysCreateShip (random '(&scEI100; &scEI500; &scSapphireYacht; &scBorer; &scIAVMedium;))
										(sysFindObject gSource "GN -uncharted;")
										&svCommonwealth;
										)
									)
								(shpOrder theShip 'dock gSource)
								(shpOrder theShip 'gateOnThreat)
								(objAddSubordinate gSource theShip)

(setq targets (sysFindObject gSource "s +centauriWarlords; N:150"))
					(enum targets target
						(block Nil
							(shpCancelOrders target)
							(shpOrderGate target)
							)
						)
								)
                       (and (objGetData gSource "LiberatedByPlayer") 
							(block (theShip targets)
								(setq theShip 
									(sysCreateShip (random '(&scEI100; &scEI500; &scSapphireYacht; &scBorer; &scIAVMedium;))
										&svCommonwealth;
										)
									)

(enum targets target
						(block Nil
							(shpCancelOrders target)
							(shpOrderGate target)
							)
						))

(and (objGetData gSource "Liberated") 
							(block (theShip targets)
								(setq theShip 
										&svCommonwealth;
										)
									)

(enum targets target
						(block Nil
							(shpCancelOrders target)
							(shpOrderGate target)
							)
						))

; If there are no raiders around, then summon some more
						(and (not (eq arcoVaughnStatus 'destroyed))
						     (not (objGetData gSource "LiberatedByPlayer"))
								(leq (random 1 100) 20)
								(not (sysFindObject gSource "s +centauriWarlords; N:150")))

(if (gr (objGetData gSource "raidersSummoned") 20)

; If we've already summoned lots of raiders, then send Arco Vaughn
								(block (HeavyRaider)
									; Create the HeavyRaider
								(setq HeavyRaider 
								(sysCreateShip &scCentauriHeavyRaider; gSource &svCentauriWarlords;)) 
								(shpOrder HeavyRaider 'Attack gPlayerShip )
										)

; Otherwise, summon more raiders
								(block (newShips)
									(setq newShips (random 3 4))
									(objIncData gSource "raidersSummoned" newShips)
									(for i 1 newShips
										(block (newShip)
											(setq newShip 
												(sysCreateShip &scCentauriRaider;
													&svCentauriWarlords;
													)
												)
											(shpOrder newShip 'patrol gSource 10)
											)
										)
									)
								)
						)
					)
			</OnTimer>
			<OnDestroy>
			(block Nil
				(intCommonwealthOnDestroy)

(sysCancelTimerEvent gSource "OnTimer")
					)
			</OnDestroy>

<OnObjDestroyed>
				; If the player destroys any of the warlords then she
				; counts as the liberator
				(if (and gPlayerShip (eq aOrderGiver gPlayerShip))
					(objSetData gSource "LiberatedByPlayer" True)
					(sysCancelTimerEvent gSource "OnTimer")
					)
			</OnObjDestroyed>
		</Events>

<DockScreens>
			<Main>

<InitialPane>
							(switch
						(objGetData gSource "Liberated")
							"Default"

; If there are Centauri raiders in range, then everyone is hinding
							(sysFindObject gSource "sEPAN")
							"Hiding"

(objGetData gSource "LiberatedByPlayer")
							"Welcome1"

"LiberatedByOther"
						)		
				</InitialPane>

<Panes>
					<Default
							desc=	"You are docked at a small Commonwealth settlement. The people here are friendly and grateful to you, but they mostly go on with their business.">

<Actions>
							<Action name="Undock" default="1" cancel="1" key="U">
								<Exit/>
							</Action>

</Actions>

</Default>

<Hiding>
					<Initialize>
							(scrSetDesc gScreen "The docks and corridors of this station are deserted. The men and women of the station hide in their apartments and refuse to talk with you.")
						</Initialize>	

<Actions>
								<Exit/>
							</Action>

</Actions>

</Hiding>

<LiberatedByOther
							desc=	"You are docked at a small Commonwealth settlement. The people here are friendly, but they mostly go on with their business.">

<Actions>
								<Exit/>
							</Action>

</Actions>

</LiberatedByOther>

<Welcome1
							desc=	"The Centauri are surrounded by men and women with weapons. The Station Master approaches you: "Thank you for killing the warlords outside! Once you did that, We took back the station."">

<Actions>
							<Action name="Continue" default="1" cancel="1" key="C">
								<ShowPane pane="Welcome2"/>
							</Action>

</Actions>

</Welcome1>

<Welcome2>
						<OnPaneInit>
							(block (theReward)
								(setq theReward (item (objGetItems gSource "*U") 0))
								(scrSetDesc gScreen
									(cat "The leader continues: \"We would like to reward you for liberating our station. Please accept "
										(itmGetName theReward 0x40)
										(if (gr (itmGetCount theReward) 1)
											"; they were left behind by the warlords.\""
											"; it was left behind by the warlords.\""
											)
										)
									)

)
						</OnPaneInit>

<Actions>
							<Action name="Continue" default="1" cancel="1" key="C">
								(block Nil
									(objSetData gSource "Liberated" True)
									(scrShowScreen gScreen &dsRPGLoot; {
										nextScreen: "Main"
										})
									)
							</Action>

</Actions>

</Welcome2>

</Panes>
			</Main>

</DockScreens>

<DockingPorts>
			<Port x="0"		y="64" />
			<Port x="64"	y="0" />
			<Port x="0"		y="0" />
			<Port x="50"	y="70" />
			<Port x="30"	y="90" />
			<Port x="50"	y="90" />
			<Port x="90"	y="20" />
		</DockingPorts>

</StationType>