Homeworld-style Adventure Study MKII

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have commenced work on PSD7 out of necessity, due to the dockscreen changes in 1.6. Rather than try to update the old code in PSD6+ to work with the code in 1.6, I have begun rewriting PSD.

I will remove PSD6 when PSD7 is ready. If you need it, get it as soon as possible! For now, I have plenty of work to do, and I do not know when I will finish. So far, it is not so easy learning the new features introduced by 1.6.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

After a two months hiatus, development on the Mothership Project has restarted.

-Added Ship Database and Item Database to Ship Status, now you can see what ships and items have been encountered and how much XP is need to unlock them. Optional research ability (-1000 RUs, +1 XP)
-Implemented FourFire's mass-based recycling formula as RU = item mass * item level * constant, constants are currently:

.2 for Ores
.4 for Manufactured Goods
.25 for Undamaged Armor
.2 for Damaged Armor
1 for Undamaged Devices
.25 for Damaged Devices
1 by default

-Updated image generation in (RPCDSData)

Latest version has been uploaded to Xelerus.

@PM

Alright. Looks like we may need a way to include PSD6+ in the Mothership files download.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, not sure if this counts as a necro, but I'm somewhat back. Since PSD v7 Alpha is out, would suggest updating the mod so that it is compatible (If anyone wants or knows how to do that). So, should I still rerender the mothership?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PSD7 Alpha does not have all of the features of PSD6, yet. So far, PSD7 Alpha only supports normal playerships, and not big ships with linked-fire weapons slots.

Since PSD7 Alpha is not fully PSD7, I have decided to leave PSD6 alone, for now. Once PSD7 supports all stock ships like PSD6 does, I will remove PSD6.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hi, back after a long absence, I'll playtest with the latest game version this weekend!
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So the link on the first post of the thread valid?
StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

It should work with 1.5, but for 1.6, no guarantees. Requires PSD v6+.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

K. Thanks mate!
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Bug in interface:

Inside the [F]leet Command dockscreen, there are two entries triggered by S: hipyard and Launch quadron.
I suggest Launch S[q]adron.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TVR, I think perhaps I have the wrong version of mothership mod, could you please attach your current version to a post in this thread?

Feature request!
With the new mining system, we have single use scanner items, perhaps another type of automatically deployed ship like the salvage ship, equipped with a mining laser, and mining cargohold: these ships deploy after an ore marker appears on the map, and harvests orecontainers (and perhaps other containers nearby) when these ships are deployed, then the regular salvage ships should not be deployed, at least within a fifteen second timespan.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Whats up with this project? Complete yet?
StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Sorry, it seems on hiatus, or could be considered dead, as I don't know how to code, and can barely do any graphics. Feel free to take this project and do whatever you want with it, we did release it under a CC BY license. (But I think CC BY-NC-SA might fit better).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Once I finish updating PSD7, it should be complete enough to be a Beta, and feature most, if not all, PSD6 had. PSD6 was designed for 1.5, and does not fully work with 1.6+. I plan to delete PSD6 after I upload PSD7 Beta. I plan to finish before April 21, when George features Playership Drones on Twitch.

If you need PSD6, now is the time to download it.

FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:Once I finish updating PSD7, it should be complete enough to be a Beta, and feature most, if not all, PSD6 had. [...] I plan to finish before April 21, when George features Playership Drones on Twitch.
What is your current status?
StealthX051 wrote:Sorry, it seems on hiatus, or could be considered dead, as I don't know how to code, and can barely do any graphics. Feel free to take this project and do whatever you want with it, we did release it under a CC BY license. (But I think CC BY-NC-SA might fit better).
It is on hiatus, but anyone can continue the project, I currently have insufficient knowledge about coding TransLisp to help much, but have a decent overview of the desired featureset and which logical structures can be used in order to implement them.
TheLoneWolf wrote:Whats up with this project? Complete yet?
No, it's maybe 40% done, but there doesn't seem to be anyone actively working on it, I may be able to learn sufficient programming, and will have the time to work on it in August.
That said, anyone who wants to work on it can go ahead, no problems in terms of ownership (just as long as I still get to give input on new features).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones v7 Beta was released less than 24 hours away from George's Twitch episode of PSD. All PSD6 files have been removed from Xelerus, and Xelerus only has PSD7 Beta stuff now.

I suppose I could pour through the code to find PSD dependencies and update, but I have no time to spare for that.

PSD7 is not technically finished, but it complete enough to feature everything PSD6 did. (This is why PSD7 is labeled Beta.) I have suspended work on PSD7 and resumed work elsewhere.