CSC America: Athena class gunship

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:Clavius's policies prices skyrocket each time you buy it. They probably keep a record of each customer's risk. They may also have different policies for different people. Active soldiers of the fleet may be seen as a high-risk customer, and have a high price should they desire an insurance. The player, though possessing a military ID and military equipments, may not be classified so because they are not bound to duty as soldiers, only serving the military from time to time, at their own consent. They do not have the risk of, say, being ordered to do a high-risk mission that they can't decline, or forced to defend a CSC from an enemy strike force.
My guess is that Pilgrims aren't exactly regarded as 'safe'. They've had a 100% casualty rate up until the player shows up, after all.

In any case, it's possible that the tech tree would have an upgrade that adds a Clavicus style setup to the carrier, allowing you to bring back dead pilots.

Say, does anyone know why the Commonwealth doesn't replicate living people, too? It's been floated as an explanation for Lord Mikho, but making multiples of particularly skilled militiamen, for example, would be quite useful. Are there regulations against it? A societal belief that it's immoral?
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I wouldn't think the pilgrimage is an official carrier, or recorded as part of an official description of the pilgrim. It shouldn't be a reason for an insurance company to raise the price. Car insurances doesn't raise your price just because you're known to drive recklessly, right? But if you crash often, they'll surely raise your price. Though not as fast as Clavius, as far as I know.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:I wouldn't think the pilgrimage is an official carrier, or recorded as part of an official description of the pilgrim. It shouldn't be a reason for an insurance company to raise the price. Car insurances doesn't raise your price just because you're known to drive recklessly, right? But if you crash often, they'll surely raise your price. Though not as fast as Clavius, as far as I know.
Car insurance gives different premiums based on age and other factors.

Clavius is likely set up to sell to dangerous professions, given their presence at the Arena and in the Ungoverned Territories.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote: Car insurance gives different premiums based on age and other factors.

Clavius is likely set up to sell to dangerous professions, given their presence at the Arena and in the Ungoverned Territories.
Those other factors do not include hobbies or other activities the customer participate in, except recorded accidents or legal activities as far as I know.

But yes, they seem to target high-risk people.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:
JohnBWatson wrote: Car insurance gives different premiums based on age and other factors.

Those other factors do not include hobbies or other activities the customer participate in, except recorded accidents or legal activities as far as I know.

But yes, they seem to target high-risk people.
In any case, given the Fleet's problems with attrition, I can see fitting the America with resurrection chambers as a medium - high level tech tree unlock.