Reactor boosting mod

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Looking at the Kijuru mod by luio I had an idea for a mod where you could boost power output on reactors temporarily by feeding them a special fuel.
Handy during combat. A couple of options.

1. You get to use all the power output without overloading and disabling devices. Possibly have a message displaying how long is left of the boost period as well.

2. You could boost the power output beyond the reactor rating by 20 or 30%. This would need a different reactor display I think so would be a a more complex mod.

Thats as far as I've thought it through. Anyone can run with this or I''ll eventually get around to it in about, er, 2085 or so (when my skills might be up to it).
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I like the idea, Relanat! I kinda want to try, but I've never messed around with the gui at all...
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

With the second idea, it may be possible to get the power use display (the vertical bars that scroll from left to right inside the reactor graphic) to push out over the top of the existing reactor display. So a new graphic wouldn't be needed. Not sure if this can be done but it would make it easier and mess with the look of the game less.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!