Rifter and Mining Barge Concept Idea

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

gunship256 wrote:Salvager Nomads will install intact weapons and shields they find if the items are higher-level than what they already have installed. It would be pretty funny and possibly annoying if they could instantly jump from one place to another. It would definitely be broken if a Salvager jumped in the direction the playership was facing instead of the direction its own ship was facing.
Hmm, interesting. Enemy ships jumping about spoiling your aim. Enemy missile ships jumping in and releasing a broadside then jumping out again. Nasty. But also drones or autons jumping in and out. Good. Filed for future consideration. Thanks.

Using the capacitor code is a great idea. Be aware that the graphic it uses is annoying rather than useful if the recharge time is less than about a second.

Go for it, Peter. This is one of the best original ideas I've seen.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hmm, interesting. Enemy ships jumping about spoiling your aim. Enemy missile ships jumping in and releasing a broadside then jumping out again. Nasty. But also drones or autons jumping in and out. Good. Filed for future consideration. Thanks.

Using the capacitor code is a great idea. Be aware that the graphic it uses is annoying rather than useful if the recharge time is less than about a second.

Go for it, Peter. This is one of the best original ideas I've seen.
Thanks! It's the current mod I'm working on :)
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
Why must I keep running into that wall, impossibility?
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Peter wrote:My friend responded surprisingly quickly.

The mod he uses was made by digdug, and is called 'Weapons extended 5'

Here is the xelerus link:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1155

:D
I took some time to look at the code today. It's a very elegant solution.

The mod seems to check existing ships' weapons and randomize their weapons based on whatever weapons are available to the game.

It would be nice for someone to make a mod that does this by faction: for example, the Charon factions' randomization could be turned on while leaving all the other factions' weapons as they are.

The mod's weapons are outdated, as they were made for an older version of Transcendence, but I may try running the mod with the extra weapon files disabled to see what happens.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Randomizing weapons is a dangerous thing for factions : you don't want to meet the GravitonLaserCannon or the Wor-QuenVoidWeapon ( they still exist in modern forms in the game)

Each version is the older version with additions ( notice each one is bigger then the last )

so things you thought were "out" are not really gone, just "notrandom"

This is how I can "always" resurrect the Centauri Command Ship
( except in one version, I had to add it back )

as for targeting asteroids: that code is everywhere, asteroids are targeted by the mining station for your rescue mission / illegal miners/ traders.....

I would say that I think your mining ship would be cool ......
but I think you are trying for " beyond cool " so I would really like fly it one day :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

gunship256 wrote:
Peter wrote:My friend responded surprisingly quickly.

The mod he uses was made by digdug, and is called 'Weapons extended 5'

Here is the xelerus link:
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1155

:D
I took some time to look at the code today. It's a very elegant solution.

The mod seems to check existing ships' weapons and randomize their weapons based on whatever weapons are available to the game.

It would be nice for someone to make a mod that does this by faction: for example, the Charon factions' randomization could be turned on while leaving all the other factions' weapons as they are.

The mod's weapons are outdated, as they were made for an older version of Transcendence, but I may try running the mod with the extra weapon files disabled to see what happens.
Hello
I just saw this, sorry for the late reply
Weapons Extended 6 is in development. Currently I'm rebalancing all the weapons and re-purposing the mod.
This is a longer process than I expected, but I'm slowly working towards an usable version.
Weapns Extended 5 is indeed old, and I'm not going to maintain it anymore.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

shanejfilomena wrote:Randomizing weapons is a dangerous thing for factions : you don't want to meet the GravitonLaserCannon or the Wor-QuenVoidWeapon ( they still exist in modern forms in the game)
I don't see either of those in the source code of the game. Am I misunderstanding what you mean, or did a recent version get rid of them?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Graviton Laser, Wor-Quen Void Weapon, Nanotok Injector, and others were defined (but not necessarily usable) in Transcendence v0.7, but they were removed. I have not seen them since 1.01, and they are not present in the 1.7 alphas.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey, Peter. How did you go with these ideas? I'm very interested in having a look, if that's OK with you. Or have they evolved into the Strafer?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
0xABCDEF
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Was destroyed by a Phobos-class dreadnought in the Eridani system

Peter wrote:I'm pretty sure the time each jump takes is hardcoded
The Transpace Jumpdrive's cooldown is not hardcoded, so you do not have to attach the jump ability to a weapon. I found this information in another thread:
PM wrote:powerToActivate is your capacitor's maximum capacity (for non-weapons).

The value of capacitorPowerUse is added to the capacitor each tick.

To get how many ticks it takes to charge from empty to full, divide capacitorPowerUse by powerToActivate. Divide the result by 30 for number of seconds.
The original thread is here: https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic. ... 475#p70475