TransXtended > The Great Expansion > The Fallen Road

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote: You're the man, Xeph! Seriously, you're a genius! Do you do mod analysis all day or something?
By the time you join the several-hundred-UNIDs club, it's pretty easy to pick out mistakes :lol:
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Xephyr wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote: You're the man, Xeph! Seriously, you're a genius! Do you do mod analysis all day or something?
By the time you join the several-hundred-UNIDs club, it's pretty easy to pick out mistakes :lol:
You should not say such things infront of me. Or else, you might have to go through my every release :lol:
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

TheLoneWolf wrote:
Wolfy wrote:Stations are always fixed, they can only be moved via script.

I like the name btw - brings me back to the days of... trying to do pretty much exactly the same thing you're doing with Transcendence eXtended.
I hope you end up going the route I did and creating quite the megamod. Have you dabbled in 3D modelling yet?

Anyways, I'm excited to see where this goes :3
Hey Wolfy! Thanks for reply! I haven't wet my feet that much yet, but I know a little Blender (like making weird asteroids)

Any insight on the station moving script?
You can only change the position of a station, not actually have it turn and move without despawning and respawning new instances of the station for every angle. I'd recommend just using a ship as a station.

If that doenst amtter, then you can just use objSetPos to setthe position each tick to where you need it to be
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

(reads it all)
I have just decided that a ship would be a better bet! Thanks Wolfy!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

UPDATE

1. Added Hornet-class swarm auton.
These autons are liable only in swarms and almost every carrier has some as cannon fodder. And I also discovered that they are more of a knat in outer systems than in early game. They are extremely good for pinning down shields.

2. Added quest item Preadator Launcher. Its appears as a level 8 alien weapon. This launcher uses two types of new-ish ammo.
A. Pteravore spore.
B. Pteravore Canine spore.
The normal Pteravore spore launches normal Pteravores that get fuel and transfer it to your ship. Its 5Kg per spore, but ammo is rare. Its the Canine alternative you should be watching for. It doesn't let go for extended periods of time, and is made purely for causing damage.

Note:- I still need help with the Preadator Launcher because it sometimes displays strange behavior. I'll be posting it in the shipyards.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

UPDATE

1. Added the SRS Repair Beam, a Level 5 omnidirectional lazer based repair beam.

2. Added the SRS Repair Pulse, a Level 6 thermo-based area affect repair pulse.

3. Added SRS Shield Re-Energizer, a Level 5 Superconducting coil based laser. It has 0d0 damage, and the energizing properties of superconducting coil.

NOTE

I'm trying to fix stealth.
Like:
stealth:1 to stealth:3 reduce enemy's perception by 1.
stealth:4 to stealth:5 by 2.
stealth:6 to stealth:7 by 3.

I need help with the events.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You cannot fix stealth directly. Details posted at your "Trying to fix stealth" topic.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM wrote:You cannot fix stealth directly. Details posted at your "Trying to fix stealth" topic.
Got it! Btw happy 2K posts, PM!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NEW IDEA
THE FALLEN ROAD

The Ronins moved through a graveyard of ships, the courtesy of their latest battle with the Charon pirates. The Great Expansion had caused an even greater migration into the backwater systems, away from the warfronts. The pirates had seen this as an opportunity, and thus many battles were being fought daily with them.
And now, contact with many far-placed backwater systems was being lost. The Militia suspected the pirates to be the culprits. But how these had taken over entire systems remained a secret.
The Ronins had come back to the battlefield after two days. They wanted to salvage what they could, leave the rest. The times were difficult.
A pilot was watching his SRS constantly. He thought that he had seen a wreck move away from its predefined orbit through the corner of his eye. It could be a trap. But the wrecks seemed to be moving normally now, drifting and clashing and...accelerating?
Suddenly, many warnings began to be heard from the radio chatter. The wrecks were moving.
The pilot couldn't believe his own eyes. He could clearly see the atmospheric loss and large cracks on the wrecks. They shouldn't be moving.
An hour later, everything was calm again. The Pirate Wrecks were gone, replaced by 5 newly killed Ronins. The wrecks continued to drift for some hours, and then they too accelerated away.

NAME:- The Fallen Road

SUMMARY:
In the direction opposite to The Great Expansion, another set of Dimensional Rifts have appeared. But they don't lead to Neos Welt. They lead to Übeladon, another universe destroyed by a biomechanical nano virus. Now, these dimensional rifts have given a chance to this harbringer of chaos to cause havoc to another world. Together with The Great Expansion, this new infiltration, called The Apocalypse, is the second great disaser of the 25th century.

FEATURES:

1. Reanimated Wrecks!
Now, you will want to blast every wreck you make into space dust, if you don't want to face it again!

2. Rise of the Fallen!
The Apocalypse enables every infected ship to spread the virus. But here's the catch -- only wrecks can be infected!

3. Extermination!
As only wrecks can be infected, The Apocalypse keeps searching for wrecks to infect. They attack anything they find during this period. The only way to end the infection is to kill every single one of them!

4. Mother Nodes!
The original infectors of the virus, the Mother Nodes are exotic ships from Übeladon. These keep mining...and multiplying! The only way to stop more infected ships from gating in is to destroy them!

5. New Equipment!
The Apocalypse also brings with them far more advanced technologies. Typical to them are Armor Piercing and WMD weapons, with Nano damage type.
Most of their armor is regenerative and photosensitive, but it doesn't allow shield generators or repair devices!

6. The Thermites!
The Thermites are the only race that resisted The Apocalypse, but they are long gone! Venture into the depths of Übeladon to find ancient artifacts that can help you on your quest to find The Antivirus, a device than can destroy every infected ship around you, but it has some hidden dangers!

7. THE JUDGEMENT DAY IS DRAWING NEARER!
Even when you're busy in fighting the infected off, The Fallen Fleet is crawling forth from the dimensional gates, expanding their numbers, and planning all out conquer! Time is running out :D

STATUS: The Fallen Road is currently only in concept state. Its development will start only after The Great Expansion has been added to TransXtended.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey guys updated the First Post of this thread. Please check it out!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Got my hands on transart today