Alone in the Space [Scenario Extension]

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

An idea passed by my mind. So before they lost, I decided to write here. But I'm not sure if I can develop this mod.

"In centuries when Human started expanding their colony to space, an expedition lead to unexplored space.
But strange event happen, you awake in somewhere else. Don't know what recently happen, you only remember the expedition goes wrong. Now you must return to solar system and report Commonwealth what you found in outer space."

The goal of this scenario to return to solar system and find Earth, where Human begin to build station around it.
You will begin as a small starship with 100MW reactor with a lot of fuel. However, you have low level armor and not have any weapon. You must travel alone to find stargate and use it to find your home. When you searching a stargate, you will encounter unknown hostile that will kill you if you nearing their base. Avoid at all cost!
Last edited by DigaRW on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sounds very much like a Great Expansion on The Worst Case Scenario http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=998

I would assume you will need to pull a copy of Eridani and edit it to your idea ( one exit ), then add it to your nodes ..... your going to need some station building images : the fastest I can think of are project ideas to build around asteroids : but a little editing and it could be a ship or whatever instead of an asteroid ..

there are graphics on xelerus , but I rather try to push something more up what you were exactly saying

( just some concept art to maybe help your idea/ )
http://www.52kh.cn/PHOTO

then you might want a timer to change the images around for the player as the station progresses in it's building......
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Whoa, that is great art.

Different with Wrost case scenario (though I never play it). It doesn't use credits and there is no friendly station in space.
The game start when player wake up in an empty star system, if you explore the system, you will find a wreck of your team. Nothing to find here, except some armor patch in strange ship. The goal is just find the stargate and use it to teleport into another location.
Also, the hostile have a station placed in some system.
There is no encounter table, but you will chased by mass of hostile gunship when you are nearing the end.

This scenario more focusing survival, rather than advanture or action.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

However, I don't know how to make ending scenario. In Vanilla, the ending happen when you gate in to stargate. I planning it ending when docking a station and a few conversation.
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

DigaRW wrote:However, I don't know how to make ending scenario. In Vanilla, the ending happen when you gate in to stargate. I planning it ending when docking a station and a few conversation.
I did understand you have a bigger idea then a simple challenge. I was simply attempting to show " avid support ".

You have a great deal of ideas that could very well become a common demand for some players to have in their personal games.

creating /ending your system based on what you suggest isn't difficult at all : look at the way Battle Zone takes these things and makes them look easy :)

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=917

DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

shanejfilomena wrote:
I did understand you have a bigger idea then a simple challenge. I was simply attempting to show " avid support ".

You have a great deal of ideas that could very well become a common demand for some players to have in their personal games.

creating /ending your system based on what you suggest isn't difficult at all : look at the way Battle Zone takes these things and makes them look easy :)

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=917
Thanks, I will preparing the mod. But I have some question.
1. It is possible to add some music to the game? And can I set it as only soundtrack for the mod?
2. How to make ship "Chatting" every action I triggered?
3. How to make own node and star map?
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

okzzzzzzz...

nodes are not hard to make but you will be basically making it an adventure: Pale blue light & Dynamic Systems is a great example of single system Adventures:

remember in Pale Blue Light you to read the instructions , I could not have started an adventure in the modern versions without the clear instructions in Pale Blue light.
( I later knocked Midst of Dragons down to an extension because I like playing with Corporate Command in my games )

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1505

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=929

In Dynamic system you will find ( should ) the radio operator "steve" : and you can push the radio to anyplace you like once you see how it's done.
I once had random radio traffic but it got annoying really fast.

so I think you can use those examples to find working situations along the lines you asked, if you have difficulty just say so.