Battering enemies with a particle ram

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You're exciting me further! I think you should add it to DrakeTech.

I'd like to experiment with the unbalanced weapon. If you don't mind, can you please PM it to me?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I finally uploaded the finished mod, called Barrier Item Set, to Xelerus.

The original weapon which made the barrier was scrapped.

It is now a two-piece set with a shield-like item that makes the ramming barrier you (TheLoneWolf) want, and a launcher that uses pieces of the wall as ammo and fires them forward (hopefully at enemies). The shield can function on its own, but the launcher enhances it somewhat. The launcher needs the shield to function. Both are level 4 items that should be reasonably balanced (or at least not too unbalanced), but may not be very easy to get early. You probably want to cheat if you want to test-drive them immediately.

After more testing, I noticed that while the barrier works well when it is just you against the universe, it is not very usable in a fleet scenario. Simply put, wingmen die in accidents very easily as they try to relocate around or through you, throw themselves into a barrier, then die. It does not combine well with Playership Drones if you want to build an unstoppable fleet.

I decided not to include the item set in DrakeTech (for now) due to the aforementioned problem. I may do so (much) later if I add an enemy faction that needs unconventional toys to play with and the player to loot.

Hopefully, the code is documented well enough for you to understand, if you want to try to create your own version.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

@PM

Thank you for the help! I'm going to try the mod soon.

I hope it is easy to understand (thank God XML doesn't have pointers) as I'd like to experiment with that sort of weapons. Maybe I'll make it a device that works with a hotkey. Or a secondary independent weapon system.