Firefly, Giant reactors, and multiple cargo holds.

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Mikho
Anarchist
Anarchist

Was wondering if any modders out there also happened to be fans of the TV show Firefly. Was playing with the modded Firefly playership and G.O.D. mode and found that the two items I wanted were at least an 8GW reactor and massive amounts of cargo space, scan-shielded of course. Now, the Iocrym GodPod mod has an 8GW reactor, but I need it to appear separately ingame so I can use it on the Firefly playership. Cargo space is also a problem, at max expanded space only 350 tons. Why not be able to have more than one cargo hold expansion installed simultaneously? Adding more kinds and sizes of cargo hold expansions wouldn't hurt either. But all this brought me to the realization of how cool it would be to have a storyline mod set in the Firefly Universe, as canonically accurate as possible, and where canon does not specify, focusing on the Alliance vs. the common man and the struggle of an average captain to keep his ship flying. Numerous jobs could be added, Reavers could play a large role, and the economy could be a deciding factor in almost all areas of life. Though I have not yet played it, christian's Stargate Will of the Gods mod sounds similar to what I envision. Lastly, I realize that i rarely post, and then usually to make impossible requests of modders. If that is offensive, apologies. I simply can't resist coming with outside the box ideas.

Cheers,
Mikho
Flying zombie monkeys+Commonwealth militia+coffee drunk while sitting in my customized, personalized Iocrym Battle Pod (God version)=one exciting day for a member of the Sindikat.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mikho wrote:Lastly, I realize that i rarely post, and then usually to make impossible requests of modders. If that is offensive, apologies. I simply can't resist coming with outside the box ideas.
I haven't seen the Firefly program so can't help with that, but please continue to post any ideas you have. All my mod ideas have come from bits and pieces of other people's ideas. Every idea helps. Your idea could merge in with a trading based game idea that someone else posted a while back. Put all the ideas together and it makes for a better game for everyone. Nice work.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!