When the recurring nightmares began, you learned that Oracus was calling you...
To show you that humanity is a mistake, that incurable evils will run in any society...
And to offer you a new, better life, as a human endling and a living god, at the Galactic Core.
Reduced to a cold, misanthropic shell by nightmares, you set out to leave mankind in extinction.
You decide to join the Order of Penitence; they are the only who will listen to you, anyway.
After you annihiliate all human civilization, you shall head for the Galactic Core.
You are blessed/cursed by Oracus; no human shall stop you.
A few years since the events of Stars of the Pilgrim, the power of Oracus has grown drastically and the Penitents have become corrupted by a dark aura. This aura, which unleashes one's misanthropy at extreme and uncontrollable levels, has brainwashed most of the Penitents to the point where they have lost all of their mental capacities and entered a mindless state where all that matters is torture, death, and destruction in the name of "universal justice" for the crimes of humanity; in their minds, all forms of cruelty towards humans is justified by their own cruel acts against others. The few who have managed to retain their mental capacities are now murderers who seek to decorate themselves and their altars with as many bodies and as much blood as possible. Known as Necromancers, they lead the more zombie-like members in their attacks against the rest of humanity and in seeking more human sacrifices for Oracus. The Order of Penitence has also discovered the more horrifying powers of Oracus through the use of mysterious charms: Containers of dark magic rewarded as gifts to those who have served through merciless killing. In addition to dangerous trinkets, traces of the Chimeras continue to survive in Human Space. Originally unleashed as one of Oracus' more chaotic and uncontrollable creations, the Chimeras have evolved into a small horde of hyperaggressive machines; The Penitents aim to exploit them.
The main character has just received The Rapture, a series of surreal, inescapable nightmares; these evil terrors have transformed them into a monster. Their most recent act was the horrible murders of their spouse and their child. They were released from prison by a group of Penitents. The main character is aided by a demonic figure known as Captain Arnold Kirvantos, a broken man who lost both his parents after they set off on a pilgrimage and became hateful against the pilgrims of Domina.
- Find sudden and deadly confrontations with named pilgrims who are out to save the world from Oracus.
- Take shortcuts across the galaxy by passing through mysterious systems haunted by phantoms and centered around black holes.
- Combine light armor with the powers of Oracus to make a fast and destructive ship
- HARASS: The classic attack used by all Penitent stations.
- BATTER: Fires dark acid missiles at enemies
- TORTURE: Multiple repeating energy shockwaves
- VANDALIZE: Twelve outwardly-moving thermo shockwaves
- PURGE: An upgrade of HARASS and BATTER. Creates a huge explosion and many explosive projectiles
- RUIN: A red wave that leaves a damaging, paralyzing effect and damages devices on everything it hits
- SLAUGHTER: A yellow wave that forces enemies and projectiles away and also ejects items into explosive crates.
- CORRUPT: Take control of enemies by possessing them
- AVENGE: Avoid death by instantly restoring everything back to full hp
*Charms can be somewhat rare.
*Gain XP by damaging enemy stations and ships.
*There are no forced cooldowns for any power. However, charms will last longer when waiting longer in between uses
*There are no level requirements either, though having more XP will reduce the energy cost of invoking charms.
- Now have hyperaggressive behavior
- Earthzone-class Chimeras are the equivalent of hornet queens; they continuously make more hornets when there are fewer than one hundred escorting them.
- Hornet-class Chimeras are, of course, basically hornets. When damaged, they will call other nearby hornets to avenge them.
- The Settlement, a chimeric counterpart of the hornet nest, is usually surrounded by hundreds of hornets and a few Earthzones; attacking it cause a deadly swarm of hyper-aggressive chimeras. They occasionally send out ships to claim nearby wrecks as new nests and slowly construct more Earthzones.
- Ultra-light and light chimeric armor segments reflect laser damage
- The chimeric laser cannon now leaves an after-effect on armor segments that makes them more vulnerable to damage from subsequent hits.
- All ships fire at the full rate and range with near-perfect accuracy
- Any attack on this faction will raise your perceived threat level, which means the anarchist chimeras will strike you more aggressively.
- Chimeron Pirates
- They frequently target Korolov stations and freighters while looting any crates and wrecks they find.
- Drake-class chimeras lay their "eggs" at all times regardless of enemy presence; any excess Vikings are sent to destroy nearby Commonwealth stations.
- Viking-class chimeras now have the unique ability to fire missiles directly out of the cargo hold without a launcher.
- Medium chimeric armor reflects kinetic along with laser
- The chimeric ion blaster permanently damages shield generators.
- Chimeric Death Fleet
- A new Chimeric faction; Uses squad-like behavior and "military tactics" mainly against the Commonwealth Fleet
- EI7000-class chimeras use inertialess drives.
- Centurion-class chimeras now have the unique ability to fire any weapon available in their cargo holds that is below 200MW.
- The Chimeric Injector now works against ANY ship with armor lower than level 12; the ship gains a special overlay and armor/weapons are converted into randomly-generated chimeric versions.
- Medium chimeric armor now reflects particle damage and regenerates from blast damage.
- Heavy chimeric armor now reflects ion damage and regenerates from thermo damage.