auto feed MAG launcher

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I opened a topic on MAG launchers a while ago. Thank you to all who replied. There was excellent info in there.

I've been using them a bit now and it led me to an idea for a mod.

Instead of pressing Tab to change ammo type, would it be possible to set up an automatic feed of different MAG types.

So that one or two cluster MAGs would fire then 4 800s then another cluster or two and 4 more 800s. That sort of thing. Like putting one tracer round then 4 ball through a machine gun. There could be different combinations. For attacking a ship, shield killer MAGs could be put through first, then blast MAGs.

I'm not sure how to implement it but this could be helpful in using them. Either pressing Tab could change the combination selected, or it might be better to set up magazines that you could load beforehand.

Is there already a mod that does this or does anyone have any other ideas?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Automatic ammo selector it's seem hard to find the way to apply it, but I think it can work with target code. I mean when player targeting an enemy, then the MAG launcher will switch the ammo autamitaclly based it level and conditions.
- If target has a shield, then it will switch to shield buster grenades if available.
- If it's capital ship, then MAG will use grenades with highest damage.
- And last, the small target will automatically use the lowest level grenades.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Wow.....This sounds really interesting.

I hope you get it to work , at least "sort of" and let the power of the Forum see it and hopefully get behind it ..it would save the player much needed credits and ammo : not to mention the need for better weapon abilities in approaching the part 2 era and never-ending need to polish up part one ( and it's Mods )

btw: I still play 1.0 : Nothing beats a Classic
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..