The Network ReRepaired

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Network Repaired hacked up to work in 1.6.4.

It doesn't have all the features of the original Network, only the ones from Network Repaired. Even so it's still a magic adventure.

There is a crash in the Galactic map if you use 1.7 stable release, ticketed, so 1.6.4 is recommended.

Hopefully game changes have ended the "circling orange rings of death". Previously if you had played for a while (30 systems or so) the game wouldn't reload, just sit in the loading screen endlessly. It was generally assumed that the size of the file stopped it loading but no one knows. Really annoying.

Bug reports welcome; I'll put them with the dozen or so I've already got. :lol:.

If there is any interest I'll keep working on it and adding more of the original features. Possibly it can be rewritten as an extension using sysAddStargateTopology but that is a long way away.

Main edits:
Prison gates now work.
You can't get stuck in the Korolov/Charon branch forever.
The Galactic Map is a slightly less hideous mess.

Nearly forgot: the loading time is nearly a minute. The prolog will probably fade and the game still be loading. This is normal. It takes a while to generate the oodles of systems in this adventure.
Attachments
The Network ReRepaired.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A better version called 'Network' for V1.8a1 is up on xelerus. More features of both previous Networks. The Galactic map crash has been fixed by George.

Doesn't have the complete Korolov Command Center mission or the Black Market Command Center. I need to learn the new mission code for that. But does include the Black Bird launcher/missiles and code for the Corporate Dreadnought and the 2 Korolov weapons.

I have played through about 40 systems and the game was still loading from saved games so the save problem might be fixed.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!