Living Minutes

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
Post Reply
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Living Minutes is a slow bit I have been tossing together with things I find :
kinda a goulash of content .

The main purpose of the work in progress is to show off a few old ships hidden in an old Adventure that I don't really think anyone , 4 years after the date, even looks at anymore.

One thing I am onto lately is wanting an Ice Color version of these green freighters :
*** I did Not create these works of Art, I found them posted by 0xABCDEF

so far my ability to figure out the paint programs has failed to get results.
I am no Kerr Avon ( blakes7 reference )

So I doubt I can get a colored ship before the I run out of things to adjust for the extension
ImageImage
Image

Anyway : if anybody wants to check out the Work in Progress : randomly check in to my Drive folder ( not promises that you will like it,( or that everything works ) I have it set up for testing stations in Eridani & not everything in it today will survive or be the only things in it by the time I settle on things. )

I use the Drive because the other computer is over 40 miles away : I tinker when I am bored at work. the file in the folder today will change randomly as I change the extension along the way.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:55 pm

One of the things I am very happy with in Living Minutes is my use of Autons.
Since the Player can use Autons, it is unfair that the rest of the known Commonwealth does not get to do that.

So, instead of going nuts, my main target was the Freighters : in Traffic & when they 'gate.

Now, to be honest, My concern for the freighters does not simply run with shipping : in some systems the Autons will interfere hostiles and ( in theory ) draw fire away from the freighters.

Masak Shipping will deploy Autons to escort Freighters to the Gate, it will also deploy them if it runs out of regular escorts ( because Freighters can and will still launch without an escort : in Korolov it is not always that obvious anymore, but it still goes on) .


One thing a player will notice in the WIP of Living Minutes where I have a Masak Shipping in Eridani for testing is that the station is surrounded by Auton Sentries :
these Sentries have the Mass of 1000 ( so they don't get pushed around easily )
& do not carry the Attribute of an Auton
( which is why they don't 'gate with the dismissed Auton escorts when regular escorts are available) & are not available to the Player, which would be pointless because they are just colored versions of the Player's Autons.

Why not use regular Autons?
A) Because the Player can command them
B) I need them to 'gate on command by Masak & can't have regular Autons affected.

Right NOW a Player that goes to Masak w/ an Auton escort can and may loose those escorts unless they can catch them fast enough.
===========================
However, I think I fixed that.. a new copy of the .zip will go up later.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

=============
The Custom Player ships carried over from DSV Hummingbird : I think thy are "ok" but I really don't like the fact that the game treats them like it was 1999...so unless I can convince the game to treat them like a regulation ship at dock, they probably will not remain in the final cut.

( the Playerships & the fact that the update of Contact by merging it w/ the Auviq for content made Hummingbird redundant was the reason Hummingbird vanished : the Content of all three runs very tightly to Midsts of Dragons - but MoD has special items that sets apart -)
Living Minutes has a few things very much like the others, but the primary of it is the ships by Autohummer ( one ship still has to be placed after I get the other two sorted out ).

I did encounter an extension specfic ship on one play: not sure which one, I was running too fast.
But eventually I will get out of Eridani again and and go look :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:40 pm

UPDATE :
Ships_by_assumedpseudonym

ICE Colored versions of the freighters for Masak Shipping have been made & I will work on getting them flying later ( although I really don't want to have another dull day at work where there is no physical work ....but that is how it goes most of the year ) but either way I expect to try to get them flying today or tomorrow.

The file size is 2MBs, so I will have to find some image & or .xml resources to cut. but I will see how it goes.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

User avatar
AssumedPseudonym
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:18 am
Location: On the other side of the screen.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:48 pm

 Well, I saw the request, remembered playing with color rotation in GIMP a ways back, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Glad they came out okay.

 As for trimming stuff down, 2MB for filesize is practically nothing. Seriously, I wouldn’t even worry about it. (I did give you a 2-bit version of the Aciman mask, since there’s no need for it to be 19MB unzipped. Check your PMs.)
Image

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:31 pm

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:48 pm
 Well, I saw the request, remembered playing with color rotation in GIMP a ways back, so I figured I’d give it a shot. Glad they came out okay.

 As for trimming stuff down, 2MB for filesize is practically nothing. Seriously, I wouldn’t even worry about it. (I did give you a 2-bit version of the Aciman mask, since there’s no need for it to be 19MB unzipped. Check your PMs.)
MORE the "ok"
( a fast run to the station in Eridani to check it out ( Eridani is set up for testing, that is why the station is there ) )
the system had just loaded and not all the ships arrived yet : but
it's obviously going to be an Awesome display of ships
It's like XMas : just without polar bears at my window.........:)
Image
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:05 am

The ASV Wren is now flying !!!
next, I got to figure out how to get it to dance ....

( don't worry, it has more names to choose from )

Meet the Advanced Space Vehicle ( ASV ) Militia Combat Ship
Image
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

relanat
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 am

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:22 pm

I would love to have a look but the files won't download. When you hit download it just scans for viruses and then does nothing else.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:17 am

relanat wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:22 pm
I would love to have a look but the files won't download. When you hit download it just scans for viruses and then does nothing else.
curious, maybe it was the file before the one I posted recently ....
I just put a fresh copy on the extension folder...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByKqE ... jNqWk90RDg

the file itself is over 5mbs ( 5.77 I think ) I change the file when I get something going and plan to tinker with it at work in my down time..it's just easier then trying to remember to bring my USB.

I just tried it, it downloaded..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByKqE ... TFOT3FoSjQ

**** Note :
the file is not a finished extension. I still have testing & considerations on content / final content.
However, the file posted at the link "should" function. it's just I am no where near done.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

relanat
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 am

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:47 am

Got it, thanks.
First time I got "you have to use Chrome or FF". Lies (as usual).
Tried a different computer, different OS (dunno which one).
Then had to allow a pop-up.
Finally got it to download.
Now I just need time to have a look!

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:02 am

relanat wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:47 am
Got it, thanks.
First time I got "you have to use Chrome or FF". Lies (as usual).
Tried a different computer, different OS (dunno which one).
Then had to allow a pop-up.
Finally got it to download.
Now I just need time to have a look!
Glad it worked for you. However... Delete that file :
I found a problem & re-uploaded the .zip
The Problem was in 2 parts :
A) Borer ships are outlaws, but too many outlaws destroy mining stations that fire at them.
So I adjusted the code....but got real lonely...
so I wanted to try giving the station a commonwealth miner & see how it goes from there.
( eventually I will play it and see exactly what I can do to make the outlaws less predictably boring & not shoot the station )
I like the outlaws...just not so much as they get in the way, run up my CPU and destroy mining stations.

B) the new .bmp of the Aciman did not work as hoped : had to restore the original ( 18.3Mbs)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

relanat
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 am

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:50 am

Finally got a little bit of time to have a look. It was the version I downloaded ages ago.

Extra asteroid belts in Eridani look good.

Patch spiders and super coils available at armor dealers is good or is that normal game stuff?

I like all the extra missions and Autohummer's ships look great.

The dealer specific manufacturing stations are good too. Great idea.

Wish I had more time. :(

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:36 pm

relanat wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:50 am
Finally got a little bit of time to have a look. It was the version I downloaded ages ago.

Extra asteroid belts in Eridani look good.

Patch spiders and super coils available at armor dealers is good or is that normal game stuff?

I like all the extra missions and Autohummer's ships look great.

The dealer specific manufacturing stations are good too. Great idea.

Wish I had more time. :(
:)
Hi, and "nopes" :)

Dealer stations is an old thing , the original can be found by TheLastBrunnenG, http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=618

What I have always tried to do was get the ones TheLastBrunnenG missed or expand them.
Kartal Branded items are out of Corporate Command, or at least that is the first place I recall finding it.

Shield Coils SHOULD be at the Armor stations, what is the point of selling us a shield if the coils are virtually non existent in the game?

Also, Patch Spiders are my favorite item but I normally can't get one until I find a Corporate Trading Post ( then usually have to order it in ).
If the Armor Dealers are there to do business, they need to do it all the way. If they can sell at a particular level an item like the Spider, then they should.

You might notice I set many stations to buy what they sell as well ( but those that don't buy from the player ( in the dockscreen ) can buy from NPC ships for "restock").
Like the Fuel Depot was Always my big nagging issue with the game, it was my first observation that the NPC Ships are set to restock stations, but most Stock ships don't carry anything worth buying : or the stations aren't set to actually accept what they carry if they have goodies.....so my very first mission was to always fix that.

It was always one of my 'pet peeves' about the shield coils.

the extra asteroids in Eridani are from my personal enjoyment of mining & they are great for testing stations ( esp. the hostile ones ) because it gives you places to hide or sit on while watching the station in action.

The Himal Gatherings are a 'take' on the Anarchists & I re- purpose of the Log Structure that I deployed as a Turret ( originally I think it was a base station for outlaws )
This gathering station took several hours of testing to get it to sit right because like the Sung Citadels I wanted them to sit in an easily recognizable pattern on the map.

I am really happy with that station.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:17 am

ok:
Latest update to the Living Minutes includes Black Market stations that allow ordering items.

the Auton Dealer will allow ordering

++++++ reason I did this is because the Explorer Auton is a treasure of an item & with the new versions the Military Maps ( already hard to find ) are more valuable to the player.

Ferians should allow the donation of food ( as an experiment ) and Domina will decide your fate
with her along the way. I did kind of want a direct reward for the player....but then it's not something you do just because it might be the 'right thing' ..... I mean, seriously, how can you truly trust a pilot if that pilot is only doing something simply in their quest to reach the Core ?
+++++++++++++++++++

I am thinking of tinkering with the Autons because in 1.8.2 sending Autons out is virtually a Suicide mission ....in the past they could hold out for a minute or two, at least..but now I have seen then get destroyed upon engaging a target...so I'll be looking at that.
+++
Ok, I did upgrade the Autons with slight edits to them, they should be more useful to the player..
or at least live slightly longer.
I did Not edit the Masak Autons, they are limited in use and not really meant for a fight, unlike the Player controlled Autons. So, I figured that for right now I won't go that road - but as night comes again in Alaska I will be looking at Living Minutes and see how it is flying.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

relanat
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 am

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 am

This comes up and stops the game from loading. (downloaded 1 Aug)

AutonEdits.xml Unable to find image: "Resources\ExplorerAuton.jpg"

Deleting line 997 fixed it.


The Black Market ordering feature is very clever. It makes sense that the black market can get you what you want!

Do you mind if I do a separate mod that just adds ordering to BM stations and shipyards? It's a great idea.

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Alaska

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:09 pm

relanat wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 am
This comes up and stops the game from loading. (downloaded 1 Aug)

AutonEdits.xml Unable to find image: "Resources\ExplorerAuton.jpg"

Deleting line 997 fixed it.


The Black Market ordering feature is very clever. It makes sense that the black market can get you what you want!

Do you mind if I do a separate mod that just adds ordering to BM stations and shipyards? It's a great idea.
Thank you :), I am happy it is working ( mostly ) for you.
I think I did warn I was still tinkering with it, but,
Winter is almost here so I will get back to it soon.

I did pull the Auton Edits ( I think I did ) in the last upload - there isn't much about the Auton make I disagree with I was just looking at options to try to make them survive a little bit longer considering the cost.
I do hate buying these things and (now) having to treat them like they are civilians in a war zone because they die so easily.
However, I have no good ideas for Autons that the Auton Assembly Hanger or ( I think the Auton Bay - but I never used it ) can help a player resolve.
-----------------------------------------
Ordering feature : an experiment. since everything is shipped in I think the Player should be able to order things in general - where I live EVERYTHING is shipped in, I can stop at any store and request stuff that is in line w/ what they normally sell.
------------------------------------------

As with all user generated content these are ideas - some work, some don't - for the game.
Some make it in some form into the game itself ( like, for one tiny example : Apemant's Mining Auton was re-imagined ( by RPC) into the Outlaw Miners ) .

The only regret I have with Living Minutes is that the biggest ship doesn't load well due to it's image size & there is no easy fix I can accomplish ( I tried, I failed ) .

but go ahead and see if anything in LM might work with your own ideas.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..

Post Reply