Xortek Corporation

A place to discuss mods in development and concepts for new mods.
SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've set out on a little project to add some ships/stations to Transcendence, under the umbrella of 'Xortek Corporation'.

Thematically, the corporation and its ships focuses on heat management: there'll be lots of radiators, plasma based weaponry etc. I plan for the stations to sell custom weapons and reactors. So far, I've made a playership, Garnet:

The gimmick for this ship is that it makes your reactors more efficient due to improved heat management afforded by the radiator vanes. You can download the extension for just this ship below (requires a 1.8 beta+ due to PNGs).

Now I'm working on a station to go along with the ship, Xortek Foundry (this is in-game graphics; some ships, including Garnet, and station for scale):

Attachments
Garnet.zip
(548.6 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

My initial impression of the playership is that it feels just a touch fragile, which is not necessarily a bad thing what with the Sapphire-esque approach you took by giving it fairly substantial starting funds. The handling is crisp and responsive without feeling twitchy. I like its gimmick, too. I’m not sure I would call it a corvette, I don’t think it’s quite big enough for that, but I like the design. I keep saying that I need to learn Blender one of these days; everyone makes such better looking ships than I do. I’m looking forward to seeing how the rest of the mod turns out.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

Interesting point about the 'corvette' designation. I was thinking more of Homeworld corvettes which are not particularly large (just fatter) compared to fighters in that game, but I see in Transcendence a corvette is something like the Minotaur which is 4x as large as this ship... I'll adjust it.
SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

A bit more progress on the foundry (this is still at in-game scale):

I think it's almost done, I might add more texture to the heat pipes and the end nubs of the radiators. Here's what it looks like from the side:

The station is 800 m tall, and the central donut is 500 m across. The central donut houses a hangar area, with an opening towards the centre (lit up by the bluish lights). I'm not planning on decorating it much since you can barely see it in game.
SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

Two ammo types, plasma torpedo and plasma capsule (torpedo being the larger/powerful variant). Both are magnetic cages encasing a blob of plasma. The little red lenses are sensors

SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

Working on the Xortek cruiser, "Ifrit". It is armed with a number of plasma mortars (nee plasma capsule cannons) and a big plasma beam cannon. It's almost done, just need a little bit of detail in the rear. The ship is 275 m, top to bottom.

SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

Xortek plasma mortar (launches those capsules from a few posts back):

SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

I changed my mind, and the thing from the previous post is now the torpedo launcher (I moved the accelerator coils further into the barrel):

...and I made a new image for the mortar proper: