Mod of the Month - Sept-Oct 2010

ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:yeah, I think we can improve on the MOTM front in future.
This is getting ridiculous now guys. We're halfway into December and we still haven't finalised September/October!

I've seen Admins on the board, can't someone take just a moment to delete/lock the August thread and finalise this one?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Better yet, let us come up with a format that we can actually sustain. Say, only make a vote when a certain amount of mods have been added, once every 3 months, once every half year? Perhaps some other criteria?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

alterecco wrote:Better yet, let us come up with a format that we can actually sustain. Say, only make a vote when a certain amount of mods have been added, once every 3 months, once every half year? Perhaps some other criteria?
I don't think we have enough man-power to sustain a once-a-month vote.

Maybe change it to a season?
IE, Voting from Dec-Feb, Mar-May, Jun-Aug, Sep-Nov ?

That way, we could try and get everyone involved and it gives people three months to work on a mod and submit it before some kind of "due by" date.

That, or we just give up on the whole idea? :?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I support seasonal mod contests, so long as we come up with a better name for the award (Shouldn't really be mod of the spring/winter/whatever because of hemispheres, plus it doesn't actually sound that good).

Golden Sword(ship) Award, anyone? :P
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote: so long as we come up with a better name for the award
The Official Transcendence Mod Award

Xelerus Mod Award

TransMOD Award

Four-times-a-year-mod-award

Golden ship award (needs a suitable logo)

^ Like any of those? :D

Depending on what one is chosen, we should get DigDug to make a cool logo using the Transcenence Logo or something similar! ;)
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If it ends up as mod of the trimester, how about these names:
Jiang (Feb-Mar),
Eta Ceti (Apr-Jul),
Rigel (Aug-Oct),
St. K (Nov-Jan)
...for a given year, (St.K for the next).
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

SiaFu wrote:If it ends up as mod of the trimester, how about these names:
Jiang (Feb-Mar),
Eta Ceti (Apr-Jul),
Rigel (Aug-Oct),
St. K (Nov-Jan)
...for a given year, (St.K for the next).
Yeah. I see that....

Transcendence Jiang Mod Winner
Transcendence Eridani Mod Winner
Transcendence Aurelias Mod Winner
Transcendence Katherine Mod Winner

I just changed a few from yours, SiaFu. ^
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Say, only make a vote when a certain amount of mods have been added, once every 3 months, once every half year?
only make a vote when a certain amount of mods have been added or once every 3 months, whichever comes first. We have "periods" in which we have plenty of mods coming out, and periods with nothing.

I'll see if I have some time tomorrow to have a look and close this.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

digdug wrote:
Say, only make a vote when a certain amount of mods have been added, once every 3 months, once every half year?
only make a vote when a certain amount of mods have been added or once every 3 months, whichever comes first.
Great! This is sounding like we might even have a good plan. I knew if I complained enough, something would happen... >.>

I think we should have a seperate vote from the one on Xelerus (just to confirm), to decide the winner. We should also have "Gold" "Silver" "Bronze" style positioning.

I also suggest that ALL mods within that three month period are listed, and that each person on the board gets 3 votes to put on different mods. No person can vote for themselves.

That way, if you have, say, thirty-forty mods within the 3 month period, they can all be listed in the Shipyard forum, as the "Jiang Mod Thread 2011" (or whatever the name is), and people can vote for three different mods that they liked over those months.

The mods should be listed in order of type (God mod, station etc), with headers. The voting would take place over maybe two weeks, and at the end of each week, the votes are tallied and the INITIAL post is edited to show the new result (stop all this double-posting for the tally).

At the beginning of the third week, the thread is locked and the final vote comes in for Gold, Silver and Bronze. DigDug (you're the magic banner man) can make three generic banners, one coloured gold, another silver, one bronze, that you just place the mod and author's name on, and that can be placed on a signature, with a TinyURL.

Hopefully, we can nut all this out to make the modding/voting all a lot better for everyone involved. Even if only some of my ideas are used, I think they should help in forming the new.....

Transcendence 2011 Modding Competitions
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Perhaps you would care to get involved / run the competition? What do the mods say?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

alterecco wrote:Perhaps you would care to get involved / run the competition? What do the mods say?
I dunno....

I don't usually have a lot of time on my hands, so I'm not so sure I'm the man for the job.

Maybe if an admin/s took over the competition for proper, and I became some sort of moderator? I could sort of keep an eye on the thread, but not have the pressure of actually running the show. >.<

I don't want to be the big man in charge, but I'm happy to be a moderator (even if that's for the forum in general, as I have complaints about old stickied threads around here), and every time the comp comes around, I could watch over the thread, count the votes, edit the post to keep it up to date, award the winner their sash (pre-made by digdug) and then close the thread down?

How's that sound, anyone?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ThePrivateer wrote: I don't usually have a lot of time on my hands, so I'm not so sure I'm the man for the job.
That is usually the case for most of us, including the mods. We will just have to wait and see what happens
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

And the winner is:

Stargate Dock'n'Go by SiaFu ! :D

Congratulations!
Just a short override to make Stargates have a single docking port in the center and an appropriate Undock Keyboard shortcut

Now you can Autopilot towards the Stargate, *D*ock, *G*et out and *G*ate without tedious maneuvering. Great for slow and overloaded ships.

Recommended use: in combination with the NoDockNavBeacons ( http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=639 ) for best effect.
Works for 1.01, 1.02, 1.03

SiaFu, you can pick up your banner from here:
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... php?t=3547