Mod of the Month - Nov 2010

digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Congratulations ThePrivateer!
Also, thank you very much for helping with the mod of the month updates! :D

Here's your banner !

PS: It would be nice if you could resize it a little like Bobby and Siafu did previously.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wow digdug! That's the perfect banner! :D

Thanks a lot!

PS. No probs helping out with the updates. ;)
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Can someone please fix up Xelerus, so it shows Hell's Trinity as the correct mod of the month (it's still Stargate dock'n'go)

Thanks! :D
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Mod of the Year, anyone? :P

[/half serious, half jest. We'd need a more robust nomination and selection system....actually, what the hell if people are up for it I'll come up with a multi-round voting scheme for a MOTY]

(Wow, longest fake BBcode tag EVAH)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Lets do it!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Here's my idea, give some feedback (we'd use most of january to do that actual voting under this model)

Because we have a large number of mods per year, we cannot do the whole thing in one round. Therefore we will have two or three. Maybe even 4 if people go overboard with nominations.

Round 1: Nominations. People can nominate a mod that they consider to be the best mod of the year. You can only nominate ONE mod. You cannot nominate your own mod. A mod can only be nominated once (obviously). Probably run for about a week. Seconding will probably not be required.

Round 2: Eliminations. Cuts number of mods down to a reasonable number. The bottom X mods just get taken off. This round is skipped if there aren't enough mods nominated to bother with an eliminations round, and repeated if there are far more than expected.

Round 3: We actually pick the winning mod from the remaining finalists after eliminations. (Obviously, we had to get around to this at SOME stage)

Mods nominated must be finished, working mods on Xelerus, uploaded between 1/1/10 and 31/12/10.

There would probably be a placings system, where the top three would be recognised, if the total number of nominated mods was high enough.

I'm willing to do the threads for this and manage it (EXCEPT for the period between the 10th and 18th of January, where I cannot ensure internet access, through being on holiday. I might be able to get online, but I might not). Then again, if that covers a voting period, I can just sort it out when I get back from the volcanoes....

Thoughts?
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Congratz!

Now quit slacking off and get back to mod writing! 8-)
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sound good Shrike!

Get to work! :D
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Very well. I will begin working on the specifics, and will post tomorrow (which is the 31st, by my timezone) for the nominations threads.

EDIT: Someone else will still have to do MOTM: December, which is entirely seperate from MOTY. :P