Hello all

Post an introduction thread about yourself here.
jadegriffon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Checking in too say I just found this game and ,even though I havnt made it past a gate yet,I am really enjoying it!

Playing the latest Ver. and its freighter all the way for me,love "em :).

So 2 Q,s atm ,is there a multi player version of this and can anyone recommend a freighter mod,no uber-god style ones,just with a few more options for the big lump?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Transcendence has no multiplayer support.

Mod? Try Playership Drones. Almost every stock ship is playable in v3, though most are only obtainable during the game. It still has an expanded roster of starter ships.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Noo, I think the player has made a request for device slots to be add-able (?) to existing ships.

(( all playable stock ships : http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=627 is awesome, but it does not change the fact that a ship
has built in limitations. ))

I beat the game with the Olde Bucket, it is my favorite for a real challenge.

===========
So the feature request would translate to a "device" or "CPU" that adds slots to the existing ship design
( i have seen these , I have had them on my past ships ( censored by the Commonwealth ) so I know it can be done, I just do not see the forest for the trees in how to do it )

******if that ever does come out the only way to get it into a game is to start a new game
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
IceMephit
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

jadegriffon wrote:Checking in too say I just found this game and ,even though I havnt made it past a gate yet,I am really enjoying it!

Playing the latest Ver. and its freighter all the way for me,love "em :).

So 2 Q,s atm ,is there a multi player version of this and can anyone recommend a freighter mod,no uber-god style ones,just with a few more options for the big lump?
Hello jadegriffon, welcome to Trans.
Yes, a freighter mod ........ Tazzman's TZ100 (http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=894)
3 weapon slots, 9 device slots, and a apporximitely 250 tons of cargo upgradeable to about 300 tons and it looks sooooooooo cool in-game. It has become my favorite ship.

FREIGHTERS RULE ! ! ! ! !
For Sale: One slightly used EI500 freighter. Hull damaged, primary weapon defective, shields inoperable. Must be towed to Dry-dock. Make an offer!!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

while the mod you suggest is nice......it does nothing for the original :
the player obviated that they are in the official version.....with regular ships.
( you know, that game we got hooked on? :) )

the device slot thing is in the works . it should arrive before Oracus wakes up.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you're after mods, search through Xelerus.de and find something that takes your fancy. "Featured" mods are ones that looked cool enough to interest the xelerus tag-adding people, "Balanced" means it's not hideously overpowered, and "Quality" speaks for itself. Past and present "Mod of the Month" winners can be good as well, but there's good stuff that's older than the MOTM competition. I'd shamelessly sugest my own SM&M mod, but since I'm remaking it, I'd suggest NOT downloading it until I've got the I'd suggest wolfy's Osaka class transport as a good playership addition...it's like the regular freighter, except a bit more agile and with an extra gun slot. I tend to use it as a gunship (when I play a legit game, which isn't that often these days).
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hi!!!!! Welcome. :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Welcome! Enjoy the community!